Helmet Concepts: GUNGNIR and Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the revive post, but on the ideas of haunted helmet, couldn't you make a black visor with a image of a skull that changes based on angle of view? (like the old cracker jack prizes, but of course visor size)

We had already discussed something like that earlier, but yes, it could be a possiblity, if you can get your hands on the materials for it that is. But i think it would be cheaper to use a mask. Check out Jester's wip, he has a pic of his MkV with a skull mask. Its pretty suite looking. If you do decide to go on with the holographic visor, let me know how it goes. ;)

I like that hinge idea that would help but what if we can make a section of the faceplate, just for the eyes, like Redshirt's painted visor tutorial which can be found here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/16910-Tutorial-Make-amp-Paint-Your-Own-See-through-Visor
I dunno it looks really clean with that visor. Just a thought, but I'm not to sure about putting a camera because you'd be a tad bit clumsy when your actual body is a few inches behind what your seeing just like SithSlayer said :D

I like that hinge idea that would help but what if we can make a section of the faceplate, just for the eyes, like Redshirt's painted visor tutorial which can be found here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/16910-Tutorial-Make-amp-Paint-Your-Own-See-through-Visor
I dunno it looks really clean with that visor. Just a thought, but I'm not to sure about putting a camera because you'd be a tad bit clumsy when your actual body is a few inches behind what your seeing just like SithSlayer said :D

This was my main idea the entire time: To use see-through paint, but for the entire helmet-plating, not just the front. So you'd have full vision. However, this requires vacuuforming.

Hey, i know you guys are going off on the gungir camera, but do you know of where i might be able to get a hold of the pep for the two attachments for the pilot's helmet as well as the helmet itself? I'm guessing I probably missed it somewhere... My co-worker has a god idea for the skull mask, just not sure if mounting it in behind the visor would work well.

Hey i Got an idea to help with your GUNGIR Helm. This idea though is most likely quite difficult, complicated, and i would think slightly expensive. This thought is to make the one eye hole a camera and have a screen inside your helmet to display the images seen by the camera, and since the helmet points more forward than other spartan helmets you should be able to put it a comfortable distance from your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back