Helmet Concepts: GUNGNIR and Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys remember the Kolidescopes? The tube you looked into and you adjusted the lens and it made snowflake shape or design.
I was thinking about something. On the cheap too.

Take a toilet paper roll or paper towl roll. See which side of a Magnifying glass works better, and see how it looks through a cheap Camera view finder, Like somebody in here suggested earlier, can't remember who it was.

Or, though it may cost like 50 all together. Take the eyeclops toy night vision goggles. and see if you can dismantle it's lens off to the side and still have it function. That was another Idea to pop into the fray.

I think i am goning to see if i can figure out some thing like your Kolidescope idea, i am not to tech savvy when it comes to wiring.

I like to solder a re-wire circuits in breakers and small electronincs. Quite honestly, when it's ready, I want to Foam the Gungnir and see what I Can fit into it.

I was thinking the same thing, making the Gungnir from foam that is, i have been holding back from peping it with cardstock, but Gungnir is diffinetly a good foam build.

I would think the problem with any sort of screen is power, I don't think you could fit a large battery in your helmet, or plug yourself in, that would just be silly looking! Trailing around an extension cord all day!

These things don't run off of 9 volts either, some of the smaller screens, like what you'd find on a cell phone, can, but you need to be extremely careful in the resistance and holding a charge for them to work properly.

As for colored dry ice, the ice would evaporate, but the food coloring would turn back to liquid, and you would be pumping pure carbon dioxide straight into your helmet, which is a great way to kill yourself!

If you wanted some undulating light effect in your pilot helm, and if you had the room, you could possibly get some office ceiling light covers, they come in many textures, so try to find one with a bit of randomness to it, and have it slowly rotate in front of a purple or blue LED.

I have found that a tinted visor becomes quite clear when light passes from the other side (obviously, or you couldn't see anything!) and I tried to make some simple LED fading circuits (schematics a Google search away and easy) for uses like ODST night vision and whatnot

A huge list of problems with what he said.
1. Haunted helmet visor is clear, so i want people to be able to see in there when i turn on the lights. no it wont be tinted.
2. The battery for the screen will be a camera battery, that is the same type the camera uses for the same screen.
3. The "carbon dioxide" wont go in the helmet, and food coloring does work ive tested it.
4. Everybody knows how to make light another color.
5. Why are you here? that's not "constructive" criticism at all.

Thank you Toacobraman.

The fog lines are on the "outside" and anyone who knows better will put an intake and an outtake fan in their helm.
The CO2 won't settle. So no problem with esphixciation. Working with Hazardous Chemicals and Injury Prevention were what I put most of my time into while I worked in cinstruction. I'm an Osha Certified Safety instructor, I've taken my courses and know what I'm talking about.

This in no means in no means is an attack. I'm clarifying what we're talking about.

Yay im actually going to be OSHA certified pretty soon. :D
My Construction class actually has a lathe i plan to use for my sniper W.I.P. for a nice wooded barrel. I plan to use my woodworking skills to build a Halo 3 sniper

Toacrabman, no need to be rude, he was just abit confused about what has been talked about, Akademee just needed to be briefed about the details of this, he him self has done some pretty good stuff. Akademee, you are welcome to add your input but if you are a bit foggy, not ment to be a pun and a bad one at that, on details just ask for clarification and things you think might help. ;)

I am glad to have someone that nows more about this stuff then i do, Jester. Same for you Toacrabman. :)

Hey, I was just trying to clarify. No Hostility from me whatsoever.

You given any thoiught to the Koledascope Idea?

Just finished sizing Gungnir. I will be printing it for foam here soon. Have alot on my plate at the moment with Psych Finals and all.
I'll keep you guys updated.

Cool, and i know i know how you feel, i took my psych final 2 weeks ago and bairly learned Friday that i passed the class with a B :D, so my xbox suspension was terminated, but now my 360 is in the living room, meaning, can't play if some else is watching TV, which is almost all day.

Ok for the koledascope idea, i was thinking, if we use it for that small of a opening, would it change distance perception, i can already see myself bumping into a table, thinking its 2 ft away, lol. I was thinking, magnifying glass, but i tried using one, and turns out that if you are trying to see far, its all faded but if you look at something close up, it works perfectly, maybe. if we layer severl magnifying glasses of several diameters like this, it might work. Just a thought.:confused

IIIII

That is actually what I was about to suggest.
Great minds are thinking alike here.

one lense may have to poke out about an 1/8th of an inch. It would give a bit of a frogseye. Wanted to do this to a 30mm scope to enhance my peripherals. Almost had a mishap at my range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back