Helmet Fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch

Could anyone tell me where I could find a small, relatively cheap fan I could wire into my odst helmet? Or any other ideas for ventilation so my visor doesn't fog up like crazy after I take a few quick breaths.Thanks.

You will probably want about a 40mm fan. These are usually referred to as Mainboard or motherboard fans since they are used to cool the small chips on the board. You won't need the bigger fans used for case cooling.

You can pick up a 40mm fan on ebay for as low as $5. Go check that out and see if that's what you're looking for.

Old laptop biscuit fans are very small and draw less power. You could wire up several instead of one large one.

look into a paintball goggle fan system. many have them, like proto and the eco 20/20 goggles. they are cheap normally about $20-$40 and they have everything setup. i think they run off 1AA or 2 AAA. its been a long time since ive had one to tell you. but it would be a very easy mod into a helmet.

there is anti fog spray... i mean you could always use that, but the fans should be used for proper ventilation and add air slits should be added.

As far as I know, the bestseller fan for helmets is 25x25 mm 5vdc 0.3w fan

alan-fm_2069_1177719.gif

LT-GRAVE said:
here, some pics of what i mean.

because of the style they should work on most of the helmets

But 50 bucks? Little ekspensive, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
bevbor said:
But 50 bucks? Little ekspensive, isn't it?

that is, but i have seen them a lot cheaper, that was probably for the the dye/proto, try JT and PMI they are a lot cheaper

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back