helmet pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderboy

hey ive read all the stickeys, took me about a week and a half lol but theres a question i have, im making a iron man helmet and its from sharkheads hd files but im finding theres alot places were theres less than a millermeter of space between a cut and a fold join and it seems pointless to cut them out to join them again because i dont think id be able to put them back as close as they are now. sorry if i my post doesnt make a great deal of sence im just stumped on my end.

ps if you need a pic let me one and ill post one

I've seen some of those in my peps, I usually just score and fold them, basically does the same thing as cutting and gluing. Ones with tabs more than 2mm you should try to glue if you are going for perfection though.

hey ive read all the stickeys, took me about a week and a half lol but theres a question i have, im making a iron man helmet and its from sharkheads hd files but im finding theres alot places were theres less than a millermeter of space between a cut and a fold join and it seems pointless to cut them out to join them again because i dont think id be able to put them back as close as they are now. sorry if i my post doesnt make a great deal of sence im just stumped on my end.

ps if you need a pic let me one and ill post one

Hope I can be some help here.

I've never seen sharkhead's Iron Man. I know Robo3687 has a complete set of Iron Man MK 3 and 6 suits at the RPF. I've made 2 of the Iron Man helmets and they are not difficult. The only part you might want to skip is the eyes. Here is the link.
http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s-iron-man-pep-files-sd-war-machine-links-page-73-a-88147/

I suggest that you look at the image and determine if any of the folds are really significant. Some of the little cuts are very visible. If the folds are under the chin or back of the head, then you can skip these tiny folds. I've also posted a quick tutorial on how to fold and glue pepakura pieces using white glue.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...or-Papercraft-or-Pepakura?p=508629#post508629

And here is the final tip. Not all lines need to be folded. You need to look at the model using Pepakura viewer or designer and determine if any of the folds can be skipped. Some pieces are more rounded, but Pepakura still creates peak and valley lines. To make the rounded surface less angular, skip the fold. Here is some examples in my thread.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/29855-ODST-for-my-kids-WIP

Good luck with your build.

Hope I can be some help here.

I've never seen sharkhead's Iron Man. I know Robo3687 has a complete set of Iron Man MK 3 and 6 suits at the RPF. I've made 2 of the Iron Man helmets and they are not difficult. The only part you might want to skip is the eyes. Here is the link.
http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s-iron-man-pep-files-sd-war-machine-links-page-73-a-88147/

thanks mate the links really came in handy how long did it take your build start to finish? just wondering because im going to make the full armor set and i was hope to be able to show it off at a party in the next few months. and if all goes to plan make my girl friend the pepper pots battle armor as well

thanks mate the links really came in handy how long did it take your build start to finish? just wondering because im going to make the full armor set and i was hope to be able to show it off at a party in the next few months. and if all goes to plan make my girl friend the pepper pots battle armor as well

I only completed the 2 of Iron Man's helmet. I just finished pep the chest. I'm in no rush to complete Iron Man suit because I may or may not wear it. I think it will be super cool just to have a real Iron Man statue in my possession. I'm currently working on my kids' ODST suits.

I work full-time and I only have 2-3 hours to work on pepping at night. On weekends, weather permits, I can spend maybe 4 hours on the suits. With the rate I am going, it may take me 6 months to complete the Iron Man suit. Since I am not in a hurry, I plan to complete the suit in 3 years. If you plan to make a detailed Iron Man suit, be prepared to spend 6 months. Unlike Halo armors, Iron Man is much more complicated. Do you plan to open the faceplate mechanically? The other thing you may want to consider is the Arc Reactor. That adds another complexity to the suit.

If you plan to make a detailed Iron Man suit, be prepared to spend 6 months. Unlike Halo armors, Iron Man is much more complicated. Do you plan to open the faceplate mechanically? The other thing you may want to consider is the Arc Reactor. That adds another complexity to the suit.

thanks for the info mate and yeah im going to want to do the face plate eventually and the arcs not going to be a huge probplem ive got a bit of experience with electronics so thats the easy bit. and if ya got any pics of the suit id love to see em it would be great. oh and if you need any help with any of the elect feel free to im me

Hey sorry to be bugging you all with this fairly simple question but I was wondering when you did your iron man pep did it come in more than 1 piece when you finished? because mine has ended up as a separate head chin and face mask with no tabs to put the 3 together and I can't work out if it's ment to be like that so when it's resined it can fully open???

Sorry if it doesnt make alot of sense I've just been up really late finishing it lol anyway have a good one

Hey sorry to be bugging you all with this fairly simple question but I was wondering when you did your iron man pep did it come in more than 1 piece when you finished? because mine has ended up as a separate head chin and face mask with no tabs to put the 3 together and I can't work out if it's ment to be like that so when it's resined it can fully open???

Sorry if it doesnt make alot of sense I've just been up really late finishing it lol anyway have a good one

Apologize for the late reply. Yes, if you are referring to Robo's file, the helmet comes in 3 pieces. I was scratching my head too. They don't have tabs, but you can easily figure out how they come together. You can stick the chin to the helmet together. For the facemask, use small paper binder clips to hold it together with the helmet. The helmet and the facemask have the edge pieces that will allow the binder clips to hold them together. This will retain the shape while you hardening it with resin. Once you are done with the resin, you can take off the facemask and work on both separately. Hope this helps.

I'm at work now. I will try to post some photos on how to achieve it when I get home.

I got the chest done and I'm almost done with the chest brace. Once I'm done with that I will work on the back torso. Hopefully I can have a full chest piece in a couple of weeks.

I'm at work now. I will try to post some photos on how to achieve it when I get home.

I got the chest done and I'm almost done with the chest brace. Once I'm done with that I will work on the back torso. Hopefully I can have a full chest piece in a couple of weeks.

Mate thanks so much for the reply I'm glad to hear it's as easy at that and I would love to see the pics when ever your done

Look forward to seeing everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back