Helmet Won't Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

antzombie280

Jr Member
Ok so i made flying squirrels HD mark VI helmet and it looks great, i have probably spent about 10-12 hours on it so far.
It fits great except for my ears, my ears dont fit so great though, its tall enough, its long enough, but its not wide enough. Its only hard to put it on, its not tight when i have it on :( could someone help me and let me know how i can fix it?

Heres a picture of it :/ before i put the top on.
[attachment=5602:0723082253b.jpg]
NOTICE HOW THE PART WHERE YOUR EARS ARE, IS SMALL.

Also, do i need supports when i fiberglass it? and should i do the inside first or the outside?

You need to trim those parts near the ear. As for the reinforcement, after you apply the resin (start outside), you can start removing the supports.

Almost all helmets are tight on the ears going on. I'm working on the same pep (almost done fiberglassing) and I was planning on trimming down a little bit on the opening to make it easier. It looks good though.

thanks alot :D i will have it done in no time, im fiberglassing this weekend, sanding and a little fiberglass X-acto knife scultping and detailing will be goin on as well X)

Lot of helmets have that problem, I've had good luck with mark VI and mark V, they fit OK, but the rouge and hayabusa don't fit over my big head.

antzombie said:
thanks alot :D i will have it done in no time, im fiberglassing this weekend, sanding and a little fiberglass X-acto knife scultping and detailing will be goin on as well X)

Just resin and not glass those parts marked red on picture below.
After global fiberglassing just cut them out.
I did so with same model and now all fits perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
bevbor said:
Just resin and not glass those parts marked red on picture below.
After global fiberglassing just cut them out.
I did so with same model and now all fits perfect.

so if i cut those out it will still look good? it wont be all crappy?

it shouldnt look crappy cause you are cuting out parts that are under the line of sight on the helm. so it should help alot.

antzombie said:
so if i cut those out it will still look good? it wont be all crappy?
They're inside the helmet. Whether they're there or not no one else (other than you) will see them. Use a dremel tool to trim them out. How it will turn out will depend on how well you cut them and smooth the edges later.

I had the same issue with my DF4L smooth helm, but I did 3 coats of resin on the whole thing, then fiberglassed it, then just used my dremel tool and trimmed the edges till it fit, its not big deal~

I had the same issue with my DF4L smooth helm, but I did 3 coats of resin on the whole thing, then fiberglassed it, then just used my dremel tool and trimmed the edges till it fit, its not big deal~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back