"Help!" for: Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I know this is probably a noob question, but how could I go about installing a few LED's in my Reach torso? you know, like they have 'em in usually the front area, they look kinda squarish, and they really would complement my suit. My torso isn't pepped yet, I'm just preparing general knowledge of this subject. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

You can buy square LEDs, or you can take a normal round LED and place it behind a square window. Check out the video below, has some great examples how to do the window.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aha! that is your store! well, since you sell these products(at a very affordable price I might add, thank you!) when I buy the four led set, it includes wire and a battery box, right? and if so, I'm sure you could tell me approximately how big these battery boxes are? anbd thank you very much for your help!

Thanks for the compliment. Board rules prevent me from directly advertising or talk about sales outside the classified board section.

I now offer two battery boxes options for my kits. 3AAA without switch and 3AA with switch.
AA box is 4.8 x 1.8 x 0.8 inches
AAA box is 2 x 1.8 x 0.5 inches

Edit: Includes wire only if you choose the option from the Assembly dropdown box.

From what I've read it seems that most if not all of you have some electrical knowledge. I, however, do not. I really only want to install LED lights and a fan. (Oh, this is all for a Mk. VI helmet) Some help please?

If you are inexperienced with electronics and want quick lights, cheap reading lights are king. See video.

With a little more effort, you can have unlimited lights for cheap. Uses a 3 battery holder, LEDs, and 100 ohm resistors.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwest2/6054871452/in/set-72157627337328355

Fans are another matter, the small fans they sell at the computer store are PC fans, which run on a PC's 12V. You can wire this to a 9V battery. Connect the red wire from the fan to the red wire from the 9V battery clip, black to black. Ignore any extra wires from the PC fan.

If you want a better fan method, I recommend using a mini 1 inch or 2 inch 5V fan purchased from specialty electronic shops. Can be wired into the same 3 battery holder as the LEDs from before.

As for placement of the fan... link to an old post
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...onics?p=458951&highlight=Placement#post458951

Edit: just realized I'm totally spamming that video, lol

im wondering what machinery(dremel) and other things i need to add detail to my armor once im finished
can anyone give me a list of materials need for detailing the armor physicaly (sanding, carving)
im making the armor out of card dtock and will be using fiberglass resin and rondo to harden the armor

im wondering what machinery(dremel) and other things i need to add detail to my armor once im finished

Why would you add detail once you're finished?

can anyone give me a list of materials need for detailing the armor physicaly (sanding, carving)
im making the armor out of card dtock and will be using fiberglass resin and rondo to harden the armor

This is not an appropriate thread to ask this question (this is a help thread for electronics issues).

Asking for another to give you a list of equipment (or materials or techniques) or any general how-to questions should not be your approach to learning here (with the 405th). There is a plethora of work-in-progress, tutorial, and help threads already existing that you should seek out to review.

Since you have already mentioned a rotary tool and the processes of sanding and carving it sounds like you already have some sense of what you'd like to do. Good luck.

The thread is titled "Help!" for: Electronics.

Well, my brother's Iron Man suit came out great, thanks to your help thatdecade! So, thanks!

I looked at all of the sound modules on that web site you posted, but to my understanding, the sound recorded to the module plays the entire "message;" in this case, a few bursts of ammunition. Is there a... "plays while the button is pressed down but stops when you let go" sort of sound module? For say... idk, an assault rile.

No worries, the sound module from electronics123 has that option. If you don't believe me, read the manual for the programming software.

I forget which option exactly does it, but you can see a video I made of some gun sounds.

Awesome! Thanks!

Noob moment here, I cant remember exactly but I believe that I had come across a sort of... "uploading dock" that you could... well... upload the files onto a separate circuit board. I know that's not what it's called but that's the only thing I could think of calling it. I think it was an Arduino product. Does the module work in the same way? So far as being able to upload the sound files onto another, cheaper device? That way I can put sound in every prop I make.-without spending $16 for each weapon.

I have a project I'm starting soonish, and while this wont come up for some time, I was curious what a circuit diagram would look like to wire an ammo counter and a soundboard to a button (which will be placed behind the trigger) so that the counter decreases and sound plays when the trigger is pulled.

The ammo counter and sound module are two separate circuits. Use a DPST momentary NO pushbutton switch for the trigger. The switch will hav at least 4 connectors, two for each circuit trigger wiring. Can trigger the ammo counter and the sound board simultaneously without connecting them electrically to each other.

The ammo counter and sound module are two separate circuits. Use a DPST momentary NO pushbutton switch for the trigger. The switch will hav at least 4 connectors, two for each circuit trigger wiring. Can trigger the ammo counter and the sound board simultaneously without connecting them electrically to each other.
So i saw you post this in an earlier post, and it looks like it will work for what i need, but how could I hook up a momentary button and a small speaker to it?

haha, totally spamming that video dude.... Adam must be offended.... lol that was such an informative video, thanks for your help, because I had no idea on how to go about doin what I was aiming for, so thanks again!

Glad to hear it, SpartanT117

CrazedOne1998, the wav shield is not standalone. Must be placed on top of an arduino. Arduino's are an inexpensive, easy to program, electronic project boards. You can buy one from adafruit.com

Link to buy wav shield: http://www.adafruit.com/products/94
Link to cheapest compatible arduino: http://www.adafruit.com/products/50

You will also need a momentary button and a USB cable (to power and program).
http://www.adafruit.com/products/62
https://www.adafruit.com/products/367

Hello knowlageable people!! So I've got a pretty simple question here, what kind of LED's would you recomd for putting in the Mark IV Halo Anniversary suit? I don't have a ton of money, so I can't just go out and buy a bunch of LED's and wires. So I thought maybe someone would know what I could use.

I was thining about those little single LED pocket flashlights that you can get, cause I like how they're flatter and there for wouldn't obsucre anything, and I also liked how the have a smaller button so it's easier to concel it. - But the problem with these is that they don't stay on usually when you hit the button (they only stay on if you are holding the button). So that's why I don't want to really use them.

So if anyone has some nice cheap recomindations, that would be very nice. Thanks!

Alright so I want to do a tacpad for my armor when it is done. I want to use either my iphone or buy an ipod touch to use as a tacpad but would like to know how I could mount it or if there is a pep file for a mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back