"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellas. Im planning to vacuum form odst armour but i have some questions first:

Is it possible to vacuum form over foam? (as in the foam people make armour from). Would it work or fail hard?
Is fibreglass and pep the only way?

HELP!

Cheers

hi guys i want to ask a bit quetion here on the helmet visor how to make the pattern like on the legendary edition/ did anyone can give me the prepakura file of it?

Silly, stupid, ......im sure its somewhere.....question...

I posted in the noob section about my work in progress...and can show pics....How can I do this??? Im in a hurry, or I would have searched for this myself, I have to go pay a bill...thanks a bunch!

Silly, stupid, ......im sure its somewhere.....question...

I posted in the noob section about my work in progress...and can show pics....How can I do this??? Im in a hurry, or I would have searched for this myself, I have to go pay a bill...thanks a bunch!

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30673-How-to-use-Photobucket-to-include-pictures-in-your-threads

how do you get the right american size paper i have looked and cant find it Please Help!

You can use A4 as well if you live in a country with more advanced paper standards :)

Hey, everyone! Got yet ANOTHER question (sorry with the numerous questions, just want to make sure I have everything down):

Involving Pepakura (Yes, I know; I should have posted this in the Pepakura section, but I've posted there quite a lot, and didn't want to crowd it too much), when resizing, where does the document measure for length, width, and debth? Does it measure the longest distance, or a specific area for each document. Answers are always appreciated!

Hey fellas. Im planning to vacuum form odst armour but i have some questions first:

Is it possible to vacuum form over foam? (as in the foam people make armour from). Would it work or fail hard?
Is fibreglass and pep the only way?

HELP!

Cheers
You would need to seal the foam, and strengthen it. Otherwise when you vacuform over the foam the hot plastic will either get stuck to the foam or you'll melt the foam.

hi guys i want to ask a bit quetion here on the helmet visor how to make the pattern like on the legendary edition/ did anyone can give me the prepakura file of it?

There's a dual-visor tutorial somewhere around the site not sure where.
does anybody know the lenth and depth of a dmr?

Cheers
I know the dimensions are on a Halo wiki or you could try asking Tactonyx he knows a lot.

Now I have a quick question for people here. Does anyone do cold casting?

what visor would i use for the EVA helmet? Its for my agent maine project that im doing, and its one of the few things i need now???

what visor would i use for the EVA helmet? Its for my agent maine project that im doing, and its one of the few things i need now???

You can't buy it off the shelf. EVA visor is usually vacuum-formed. Some members may have some that they made and they could sell but you have to be an infantryman to be able to see the classifieds.

Ok so I'm making the Reach EOD helme and as a noob I glued the "filters" on the side and I don't know how or what to use to fill in the empty area. Would the expanding foam warp my piece?

Hey there, i didnt really know where this should go cause theres no topic for it. But I've seen amny people whos helmets have like the nice, gold mirror sheen to the visor (... glass, w/e you like to call it, where you look from). I was wondering... where would one go to get that done/ can one do that themselves. And I've seen silver, gold, and a copper bronze look to them, any way that you could get a light blue look to that?

Hey there, i didnt really know where this should go cause theres no topic for it. But I've seen amny people whos helmets have like the nice, gold mirror sheen to the visor (... glass, w/e you like to call it, where you look from). I was wondering... where would one go to get that done/ can one do that themselves. And I've seen silver, gold, and a copper bronze look to them, any way that you could get a light blue look to that?

This question gets asked all the time. Most people use COTS (commercial, off-the-shelf) replacement motorcycle helmet visors. They come in a variety of finishes, and can easily be found on eBay, Amazon, or just by Google-ing for them

I'd suggest you read up more on armor making here:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34408-All-In-One-New-Member-Introduction-Guide

whats the best material to use for making a weapon that is sliced

If it were me personally i would use thin wood and bondo for sturdiness but thats my preference, but i have seen ppl use foam and foam core posterboard too, mostly what you are most comfortable working with

Question about what foam everyone is using

Hello everyone,
I would like to start a Reach foam build sometime soon, however I'm not quite sure what foam to use. I've been searching the forum and this thread, but coming up empty handed.
I looked at lots of other people's kits, and then tried going to walmart, the dollar store, and mangelson's craft store, and again coming up empty handed. I have now turned to the internet, looking for the foam specified by folks here on the forum, but I'm still unsure.
If anyone can tell me what foam this is, that would be great. Thanks,TJ

i asked this some months ago but it just where forgotten so here it is again.
does anyone know where to find some cheap foam boards or mats in Sweden?
i've only found something like this:
http://www.wanlunds.se/liggunderlag-...gn=pricerunner
and i don't know if it's good enought or if it would be cheaper to find some foam mats that's made cheap.
the one i found costs 50 Swedish kronor = 7.3199 U.S. dollars so i don't know if it's better to buy this.
there's also this one:
http://www.pinal.se/sv/campa/sovsack...gn=pricerunner
it's cheaper if you also include the transport price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back