"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all of you for the help. I have 2 HP printers and didn't want to wreck one trying to print on heavy cardstock. Now I know that its safe to print that weight paper, I can finally start my ODST build. :)
When you click on Print, make sure that you go to Properties first and go to Type and choose HP Premier Cover (200 g/m^2) so that the cardstock will go through more easily through the rollers.

hey, I'm new to pepakura. I need help scaling some wrist armor for my Reach spartan costume. how do you calculate the scale? is there a special way to measure your wrist?

For measuring your wrist you wrap a string or something around and mark it when it comes full circle, that gives you the circumference.
For calculating your scale it depends on whose model you use, some use standard inches or others need a conversion formula. When you find who made your armor, just search "scaling for XXX armor"

XXX equaling whose model it is.

Hope that helps.

I've got a link to my blog in my signature that might help some members with pepping their armor. Its a step by step guide for noobs, hopefully someone will get some use out of it. Right now it only describes the steps of pepping the armor, I'll be adding more onto it later on to give a start to finish guide for making their armor. Feel free to leave me any comments or questions on my blog!
~Ryan

Thanks to all of you for the help. I have 2 HP printers and didn't want to wreck one trying to print on heavy cardstock. Now I know that its safe to print that weight paper, I can finally start my ODST build.

Im sure this question has been asked before but i don't have time to read all the comments so im just gonna ask. Is there a pepakura for mac users? or do I have to download a bunch of stuff to make it work like i read in another thread

Im sure this question has been asked before but i don't have time to read all the comments so im just gonna ask. Is there a pepakura for mac users? or do I have to download a bunch of stuff to make it work like i read in another thread
What is wrong with you?! You cross-posted again on a question that has already been answered for you in this post. Get this into your head: there is no Mac version of PD.

Jee sorry thanks for nicely answering my question. Im new to all this and im only 13 god im not the smartest person in the world or have all the time in the world either and i barley even know what im doing just trying to get some help.

I've read aqua resin and not many stores sell them. I'm surprised Wal-Mart sells it. As far as I know it is not comparable to the regular resin. It is advertised as non-toxic but from what I understand it is not as strong as the regular resin. It is more expensive too.

Today most members use resin mixed with bondo to come up with Rondo. It is stronger and a lot easier to use than the regular resin/fiberglass. I'm not sure if you can mix aqua resin with bondo.

My opinion on aqua rondo CoolC would be that it probably wouldn't work, rondo works because bondo is basically resin thickened to a paste, so the you can use just one catalyst for it. As far as I know aqua resin isn't polyester resin (or whatever resin is) so it wouldn't work for that.

@Heavyhammer500 I don't know, I can't seem to find it on their website, if you coul provide a link to it maybe I could compare the two but I've never used either one so my point of reference is a little off.

Hey, I am having trouble with printing. I tried to print it off, but it only printed the #'s, no lines. Please help

Hey i was trying to do a sliced version of the MA5C but what am i supposed to print it on? just normal paper? cardstock? cardboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back