"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
im making an iron man helmet i dont remember where i got the pep file, but the file name is "Dubean 2.1 ironman helmet" but my question is could someone show me how to make the bottom jaw section? ive tried twice but theres a bunch of pieces and it starts turning into a mess of parts,and then i confused and frustrated because i cant figure it out.could someone help me out or point me in the right direction?

Hey guys,

I have a question about what exactly is the best material to use for this kind of build. Should I use card-stock, cardboard (the thin kind, like the one used for paper towel tubes), or... what? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

im making an iron man helmet i dont remember where i got the pep file, but the file name is "Dubean 2.1 ironman helmet" but my question is could someone show me how to make the bottom jaw section? ive tried twice but theres a bunch of pieces and it starts turning into a mess of parts,and then i confused and frustrated because i cant figure it out.could someone help me out or point me in the right direction?

You can use the Check Corresponding Face function in Pepakura Designer to figure out how pieces belong together.

I have a question about what exactly is the best material to use for this kind of build. Should I use card-stock, cardboard (the thin kind, like the one used for paper towel tubes), or... what? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Heavy cardstock. Read the stickies, they tell you these basic things.

How can you tell where the mountain or valley folds are? I just started cutting, but i can't tell where i need to fold the two ways. I am doing the smoothed recon helmet now.

How can you tell where the mountain or valley folds are? I just started cutting, but i can't tell where i need to fold the two ways. I am doing the smoothed recon helmet now.

The stickies about this topic tell you how the lines look and they also tell you how to fold them. What's your problem exactly?

You can use the Check Corresponding Face function in Pepakura Designer to figure out how pieces belong together.

Heavy cardstock. Read the stickies, they tell you these basic things.

yeah ive been using the check corresponding face function but it doesnt help much

The stickies about this topic tell you how the lines look and they also tell you how to fold them. What's your problem exactly?

I have the helmet all cut out, but not sure how to fold. I can see some just by looking at the pepakura, but i dont know what folds are which kind of fold.

The ones like this: - - - - - - are mountain folds, meaning the fold should look like this: ^ when the printed side is facing up.

The ones like this: _ . _ . _ . _ are valley folds, meaning the fold should look like this: V when the printed side is facing up.

I'm using the Recon Helmet file by Belakor and smoothed by Macattack64. I checked that it is set to Letter, and I am using the default scale of 265 mm high. However, when I print, a window pops up saying, "The paper size... Pepakura Designer is not...printer... rescale?" This has never happened to me before, and all my other files are not like that. What do I do?

URGENT --- I need help with connecting pieces.

I thought that i have read to connect pieces of the cardstock pepakura, i need hot glue, but my dad said that it wouldnt work. What do i use?

Super glue is hella hard. I use to use it. but hot glue is soooo much easier. Especially on your fingers, and easier to fix when u mess up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back