"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scar i just need the chest, the other parts are classic i assume, but i can't find a fil with that kind of chest

Dont know if this has been asked before, but its late and i havent found in the flood of info :p
But i pepped a Belakor Halo 3 recon without scaling and it fits, i plan on printing out the Mv VI torso next from Flying squirrel, will that need to be scaled or should it be okay to print default size? Phason/QUOTE]
ok buddy im going to advise you to scale everything just to be safe but most of the armor parts re scaled as a default to fit a six ft. individual. so scale every build you do just so you dont have to redo something

Dont know if this has been asked before, but its late and i havent found in the flood of info :p
But i pepped a Belakor Halo 3 recon without scaling and it fits, i plan on printing out the Mv VI torso next from Flying squirrel, will that need to be scaled or should it be okay to print default size?

What Scar 405 said is correct. You got lucky with the Recon helmet fitting. You need to check the default dimensions of a piece and compare them to your desired measurements. It's a very good idea to check the scaling of every single piece you plan on printing/Pepping.

hello, my gf is going to kill me if i do not try to make this armor for her T___T i have searched a lot but i can't find any files like this armor maybe someone can help?
[Picture]

well i might be able to help what armor are you looking into making?

The one in the picture probably? :-D

If you dump the picture into Google's image search, you can follow the trail back to the creator's threads:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/32469-My-GF-MK-VI-armor%28and-my-mjolnir-EVA-and-blood-dragon-armor-from-mass-effect%29
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/18175-Female-Mk-Vi-Suit

Not sure about the chest, because the pictures in thread #2 are of a different chest piece, but since none of the other pieces are the standard Mark VI ones, I'd venture to say the chest is modified as well.

Protip: Let your girlfriend help you! That way you aren't the only one responsible if it doesn't turn out the way she wanted ;-)

But i pepped a Belakor Halo 3 recon without scaling and it fits, i plan on printing out the Mv VI torso next from Flying squirrel, will that need to be scaled or should it be okay to print default size?

You were just lucky. You have to scale everything, always. Even if you had other files from the same author that are made to the same scale, they would fit a Spartan, and Spartans don't have the same anatomy you have.

(I swear I started to type this before Spitfire swooped in and said the exact same thing! :))

thats true but as I said scale everything because it really gets annoying if you build something and it isn't the right size it has happened to me several times

Hey there Gang,

I"m looking to build my youngun a clone trooper pep suit but allot if not all the links I've found of templates here have stopped working or have timed out. Can you guys/gals point me in the right direction. I'm looking forward to either succeeding or crashing and burning in epic style :D

after printing how do i put it together are there any videos out there?

Yes there are. There are also written tutorials and a moment of quiet thought would probably reveal the basic principle as well. Some effort of your own please! It really isn't that hard to find, especially considering that you HAVE ALREADY BEEN GIVEN the link to a great tutorial in your other thread.

That is how you scale yes, you dont need a formula to do it its as simple as measure yourself and put the measurements in, leaving space for padding. This is a good tutorial for scaling: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial The second post shows you which measurements to use for what piece of armor you're making so for a helmet you go with the height. You can only change one measurement in Pepakura to keep them in proportion so you're best to measure the width of your head as well and when you put in the height you measure make sure the width isnt going too wide or too narrow. If its too wide you can try padding it out to fix it. My helmet fits me perfectly but wobbles around on my head so i need to pad it out to fix that. If it comes out too narrow you'd have to try scaling the height up or in some cases you cant use a certain model if the proportions arent working out for you

Pep measurements work in mm but its easy to convert them as long as you do it accurately

Thank you SO MUCH Coyote for this link. I was about to ask specific questions on the proper measurements to be sure my pep fit correctly; until I scrolled through all 116 pages and found your post along with Goddess' intellectually delightful and precise diagram!!! This is EXACTLY what I needed! Just goes to show you that patience goes a long way in what you're looking for, and getting your panties in a bunch won't help at all. On that note, I have one more question.

Under the pepakura program when you go to 2D Menu > Recalculate Parts Layout, there is Height, Weight and Depth. What is the signifigance to depth? And would you measure it following Goddess' scaling tutorial the same as you would height and weight?

Under the pepakura program when you go to 2D Menu > Recalculate Parts Layout, there is Height, Weight and Depth. What is the signifigance to depth? And would you measure it following Goddess' scaling tutorial the same as you would height and weight?

That function is basically the same as the "Change Scale" function, except it rearranges the pieces afterwards (thus the name). The rearranging part of the function works terribly, however, I wouldn't recommend using it. If you have to rearrange your pieces, do it manually.

Depth is one of the three dimensions of your model. They all work the same and are measured the same, they just point in different directions.

I have another question. Im done scaling my peices and am ready to print out and start pepping, but am caught between some common sense and "if" I should do this. As everyone stated in the hundred threads I've read, if you DO NOT move your pepa from it's overlapping state after rescaling, it will foo-bar your entire project and be a complete waste of ink and paper. But what I'm wondering is, does it matter if I fit peices from any specific section (IE: left column and mix with the right column peices) to it's corrisponding neighbors? My head is telling me that it would be better to keep the peices they belong with to the same page, but then I remember each paper has the corrected numbering labels. Sometimes I hate it when I think too hard on this, but I figured I would ask for an opinion before I start going glue happy.

But what I'm wondering is, does it matter if I fit peices from any specific section (IE: left column and mix with the right column peices) to it's corrisponding neighbors? My head is telling me that it would be better to keep the peices they belong with to the same page, but then I remember each paper has the corrected numbering labels. Sometimes I hate it when I think too hard on this, but I figured I would ask for an opinion before I start going glue happy.

It doesn't really matter where the parts are if you're using the Check Corresponding Face function to find parts. If you aren't, keeping them grouped makes things a lot easier.

when i've done any rescaling, i usually try to drop the pieces in an orderly fashion so as to maximize the sheet of paper i.e. i put like shaped objects on the same page in such a way that i don't have to use much cardstock. years of watching my mum lay out sewing patterns helped me with this. ;) try google or youtube for some videos to see what i mean.

there is however one drawback to using the method i do... you need to have your computer handy with the model you're building for reference alot more than if you just left the bits in their original groups, but i think it's a small price to pay for a formfitting helmet... :D

What can you use for the visor in helmets so you can wear them and be able to see.
message me the answer thanks

What can you use for the visor in helmets so you can wear them and be able to see.
message me the answer thanks

Motorcycle helmet replacement visors.

Please come back and read the answer here. Asking people to break out the silver platter is impolite, especially with a question like this, which you could easily have found an answer for yourself - if you had taken a minute or two to actually look for the answer.

I can get the pieces cut out but i just can't put them togather any advice/and or help would be great

Please use proper capitalization and punctuations? Are we supposed to decipher what you mean? Is it gluing, or the pieces are too small? Not sure if you realize, not all of us have the patience to think for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back