"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it just me or does it take a thousand hours to pep? im armed with a pair of pink handled scissors and a cheap xacto and it took me six hours just to cut a forearm piece lol took me 2 nights to put together emiles lt shoulder and it looks like my two yr old did it. anyone else struggling? haha i cant wait to get to the easy stage doing all the sanding and detail work. i jus hope i can still fit the suit by then cuz at this rate ill be old and saggy by the time i finish lol

is it just me or does it take a thousand hours to pep? im armed with a pair of pink handled scissors and a cheap xacto and it took me six hours just to cut a forearm piece lol took me 2 nights to put together emiles lt shoulder and it looks like my two yr old did it. anyone else struggling? haha i cant wait to get to the easy stage doing all the sanding and detail work. i jus hope i can still fit the suit by then cuz at this rate ill be old and saggy by the time i finish lol

Is it your first pep? My first few peps took quite a while to build. Practice makes perfect.

indeed it is my first two pieces, at first i started without the edge ids and then i fudged the scaling. i like learning like this lol paper is just so fragile im used to working with metals for military aircraft but that would be one heavy expensive suit haha thanks for the words of encouragement gonna go til i get hand cramps again today

Hi everyone,
I would like some help with these questions. Is it alright that some of the numbers on the pep pieces overlap? Because I just finished cutting them out and don't want to have to start all over again and secondly what are some good types and brands of glue to use?
Thanks,
SuperHaloAsian

On mine all the numbers lined up, but not overlapped. Make nice straight and crisp lines with a ruler and a light score with your knife, or ruler and a pen. Will make the folds much cleaner. As far as glue...I've been using a super glue with good results, hope this helps, and ggod luck.

Thank you very much socom, it helps a lot.

Prophet of Truth: I am the Prophet of Truth! The voice of the Covenant!
Arbiter: And so, you must be silenced.

I think that stuff makes a chemical reaction with the rubber, not sure if it would work on the paper or not. You could try a test piece to be sure.

Alright thanks, for all your help

[/QUOTE] Prophet of Truth: I am the Prophet of Truth! The voice of the Covenant!
Arbiter: And so, you must be silenced.

Can i print this out of a regular printer? sorry for the dumb question but i cant seem to find a place that can print the files. And the paper looks like it would be too thick. Thank you ahead of time for all the help!

~Hell Knight

I have a relitivly dumb question, so i appoligize ahead of time. What sort of papter do most people use? My friend and i did a prototype of an ODST helmet, it is coming out great but the paper is flimsy, so making the actual helmet will be more of a pain. He works at an arts and crafts store so we have paper at our desposal but i wanted tot know what works best for other people. Thank you ahead of time!

~Hell Knight

110 lb cardstock is the typical paper used for pepakura.

I have a question about scaling Mk. VI shins. Are the shin pieces supposed to be fairly snug to your leg, or should there be some empty space between the piece and leg. I'm having a hard time getting the size correct, as shins that look the right length but are too big around my leg. I'll try to post a picture when I get home from work to better explain.

Thanks in advance!

Just a guess, but if the shin piece is the right length then you have the scaling correct. As everyone has a different size shin, may be hard to get both the length and the dia. perfect. I suspect you will want some room for the under clothing. If it is too loose just fill it in with some craft foam. If there is another solution i'm sure someone will chime in. Hope this helps.

It really depends on how you want to go about it. If you want the greave (shin piece) to be one single item, then the only thing you can really do is make it big enough to put your foot in, and it should be about the right size, unless you have a really small foot, in which the rules are different. This will make it so the greave is quite loose on your leg, and will need padding to fix the problem.

However, if you are fine with splitting it apart, then you have more options. If you are one who can split it in half, then you are fully capable of making the greave small and snug on your leg. A big part of scaling is deciding on what method of putting on the suit pieces you intend to use.

Keep in mind that at first, it is common for suit pieces to appear too big when wearing them alone, but will look more normal when all of them are worn together. Also, just about every suit piece requires padding of some sort, as the padding is what allows for stability and comfort. Furthermore, lots of suit pieces aren't exactly anatomically correct, and will not be able to conform to the body in a snug manner. For me, my greaves were quite loose, and were stabilized by EVA foam and eggshell camping pads.

help where can i get a Halo CE marine helmet just to start off with something easier. Or if you think that I should make something else give me a suggestion. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back