Help Pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolofx15

Hmm ok hi guys my name is lolo and Im new at making halo helmets,,...I just wanna do helmets not anything else, but today i started making an easy one because is my first one and i finished yesterday too in pepa stage, but i realized that it didnt fit me :( btw i printed on pepakura viewer D:! and i didnt know it was on designer, im using designer 3 but i really dont know how to scale or in general use the program so i posted on youtube a video showing the helmet done, LINK:

if u pay atention the helmet is REALLY small and i dont know how to make it my size, a nomral guy size , i was surfing youtube and i discovered that even a 12 years old kid knows how to do it, but i dont have any idea D: and im 17 lol, but I have to ask for help cus 405 says If we can do it you can do it, and i wanna try it out :) this is my summer project do a helmet, for my personal use on paintball or airsoft, here in panama will be like super awesome to see someone enter the paintball with a halo helmet, so pls guys im just asking for help here this is my second post and im nooby but i want to learn thx pls reply :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok go to forums under creation discussionale go to pepakura and card board armer there is where you find how to scale

btw paint ball is not good for this armer it will completly destroy your helmet the bb guns might nick it thats all but stay away from paintball

also use the search option its helpfull

1 shot 1 kill said:
ok go to forums under creation discussionale go to pepakura and card board armer there is where you find how to scale

btw paint ball is not good for this armer it will completly destroy your helmet the bb guns might nick it thats all but stay away from paintball

also use the search option its helpfull

im gonna make the armor first from pepa then resin and fiber glass if i learn then maybe i could use it for paintball?

raziel1981 said:
for scaling go to this thread How To Scale Your Armour - Tutorial

for some advice on using your armor when playing paintball/airsoft... i suggest wear proper gear than DIY halo armor... because there are risks involve using halo armor on paintballs

for detailed explanation regarding those risks read this thread Reasons Why Not To Make Halo Armor For Paintball/airsoft

thx I already read those, but i dont figure how to do it, im a normal guy with a normal size of head so just want to know how to do it in pepakura what do i have to put, sometimes it says on pepakura"specify a value----"and i dont get i just want the print on the page to be larger so it can fit my head

Side note..."If we can do it so can you" is Soaring Hammer...lol. I started it, but it is catchy.

Ithica

Ithica said:
Side note..."If we can do it so can you" is Soaring Hammer...lol. I started it, but it is catchy.

Ithica

oh thx, lemme fix it :D

Ithica said:

Ithica

wait a sec....are u Soaring hammer=? omg i was looking at this videa a couple of mins ago:

really awesome :D

Now, finally for the Last step-Making a dream a reality. Input the height of the armour piece you just scaled (AKA for me, the helmet) into the pepakura desinger you own. Print the pieces off, and pep the piece. Once finished peping, the helmet or what ever piece you just printed off using this scaling method, should fit perfectly.

yeah but i dont unserstand if i put 28.6 some of the pieces are bigger than the page i think the page separations are the dotted lines some of the parts dont fit the dotted line i really dont understand pls help me :(

you just have to rotate, move the pieces to fit it to that page... or you could adjust the margins a little less so that the pieces would fit the page...

btw...i think you might have to edit your previous posts... double posting is bad enough but quadruple postings... hmmm might want to edit those if you dont want to have a warning from the mods...

you can use the multiquote button and then click add reply for answering different posts... just and advice though...

raziel1981 said:
you just have to rotate, move the pieces to fit it to that page... or you could adjust the margins a little less so that the pieces would fit the page...

so 28.6 is a good scale number?

raziel1981 said:

and how do i adjust the margins?

Lolo said:
and how do i adjust the margins?

if your using the designer... go to file then click on print and paper settings... there's a setting there for margins... just adjust that to your liking...

Like it says in my scaling tutorial, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. My contact information is in the tutorial. Contacting me would be put in place of creating a new thread that has been descussed many times over.

The tutorial AND FAQ (linked to at the bottom of the tutoirial) says where to put the numbers, and what to do when the pieces are too big to fit on the page, and how you move them around.

The height of 286mm sounds perfect. I'm glad the tutorial worked for you.

Another good resourse would be to go to the 405th main page, and look at the articly "Tips and Tricks With TACTICS". I write a weekly tutorial on how to make the perfect costume. For the next few weeks, I will be publishing tutorials on how to do everything that you will need in the Pepakura Designer program.

If you have any further questions, PLEASE contact me instead of making a new thread!

raziel1981 said:
if your using the designer... go to file then click on print and paper settings... there's a setting there for margins... just adjust that to your liking...

ok last question and excuse me if im noooooobish lol, is 28.6 a good scale lenght for the helmet,so it can fit me? or can u tell me pls what did u put(type)

Dude, like 5 people already told you, it's almost a perfect scale, so, stop asking, its fine. lol.

BTW if your going to go paint balling you probably want to make a mold of your armor and cast it out cuz even with resin and fiberglass on the inside and on the outside (fiberglass goes only on the inside, but even on the outside) it will be ripped apart in seconds. I saw a video on it and 3 paint balls and the helmet was nearly destroyed. Trying this for paint balling would ruin hard work, and your face.

real quick dude, fiberglass will NOT work. Do not use this for paintball, as you can get yourself really hurt. I put height of helmet, and I'm at 260mm. you may be bigger, I dunno.

Rhinoc said:
Dude, like 5 people already told you, it's almost a perfect scale, so, stop asking, its fine. lol.

BTW if your going to go paint balling you probably want to make a mold of your armor and cast it out cuz even with resin and fiberglass on the inside and on the outside (fiberglass goes only on the inside, but even on the outside) it will be ripped apart in seconds. I saw a video on it and 3 paint balls and the helmet was nearly destroyed. Trying this for paint balling would ruin hard work, and your face.

heh orry dude :D im nervous o_O but i dont know how to make the pieces fit in the margins :( im puting on the margins 5-5 and stuff like that but still doesnt fit, so im blocked...do u have team viewer? so maybe u can help me out with this?(and ill not use it for paintball dont worry xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back