Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so impressed by how everyone has been so helpful and accommodating to Mel here. It really shows what a group of people are on here ready, willing, and able to help whoever asks.

You looks a little bobbleheadish on the bike. You've already made 2, one perfect one wouldn't be that much more work! Good job on the folds though. Nothing bad, just a little bit too big on the whole. You can cut the neck hole to make it easier to put on.

TheRob said:
I am so impressed by how everyone has been so helpful and accommodating to Mel here. It really shows what a group of people are on here ready, willing, and able to help whoever asks.

You looks a little bobbleheadish on the bike. You've already made 2, one perfect one wouldn't be that much more work! Good job on the folds though. Nothing bad, just a little bit too big on the whole. You can cut the neck hole to make it easier to put on.

i think im gona cry lol :cry: i guess im gona have to do another one.. *sigh*
butt, woudlnt i be able to put padding inside of the helmet??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! Seems as though you already have all the help ya need! ;) So i'd just like to say nice helmet! And welcome to the site! Oh and the helmet size is fine. Comfort first. That is entirely unrelated.

thanks for the compliment.. but anyone have any coments on adding padding inside the helmet to make it a little soft and maybe it will reduce the bobbying a little bit...?? i think..

mel_surf5 said:
woudlnt i be able to put padding inside of the helmet??

Yeah, you can after resining, fiberglassing, mud work, sanding, all things considered. But if you really going to finish up more of the pieces for the body, your head is gonna end up looking like stewie, or a bobblehead. Disproportionate to your body and what not, but feel good. You did a great job.

TheRob said:
Yeah, you can after resining, fiberglassing, mud work, sanding, all things considered. But if you really going to finish up more of the pieces for the body, your head is gonna end up looking like stewie, or a bobblehead. Disproportionate to your body and what not, but feel good. You did a great job.

yeah, i thought i was going to earlier today till i found out how much MONEY it costs..waaaay to much for me when i should be using it for college. Maybe later on i can work on the body, but for now the helmet will be the only thing i am fiberglassing/ resin for now.. hopefully in the future il be able to do the body..

If no one metioned anything about the problem of fitting the helmet on your head, the case might be that it is not too small but you might have to trim around the opening to allow enough room for your whole head to fit.

Quadraxis said:
If no one metioned anything about the problem of fitting the helmet on your head, the case might be that it is not too small but you might have to trim around the opening to allow enough room for your whole head to fit.
well, thats great now that ive found out now and wasted 8 hours of my life.. lol next time i do it, if i get my lazy but to make another one, now i know i can cut the bottom.

asome helmet!!!!
im not a girl but would suggest making the exat same thing as guys
but make the sholders longer.

Quadraxis said:
Yup.

Master Chief apparently has a tiny, tube-shaped cranium.

mel_surf5 said:
whaaaat! ughh this sucks.. i really dont feel like making a 3rd hemlet. but i dont think i can scale it down even if i did make another one because this one bearly came onto my head.. i guess i have a big head :cry:

Don't worry, you don't have a big head. All you need to do is to trim the neck parts of the helmet, and it should fit. :)

well, i wish i would have known this earlier. Oh well. im still gona fiber glass it

mel_surf5 said:
well, i wish i would have known this earlier. Oh well. im still gona fiber glass it

Welcome!

Definitly resin the outside before fiberglassing the inside, heres why:

the layer of resin (which is light compared to saturated fiberglass cloth) hardens, strengthening the helmet before you need to fiberglass it. This way when you do glass it, it doesn't warp half as much. Hope that helps!

Zaso117 said:
Welcome!

Definitly resin the outside before fiberglassing the inside, heres why:

the layer of resin (which is light compared to saturated fiberglass cloth) hardens, strengthening the helmet before you need to fiberglass it. This way when you do glass it, it doesn't warp half as much. Hope that helps!

it does help, and you have a nice suit!

mel_surf5 said:
well, thats great now that ive found out now and wasted 8 hours of my life.. lol next time i do it, if i get my lazy but to make another one, now i know i can cut the bottom.
lol don't worry about it...you should see my collection of wasted pep pieces that I scaled wrong.
For the helmet, you don't have a big head..you just have to trim the edge around the neck a little until you get your head in. I suggest you try a scale of 27.2cm in the Assembled Height box- I used it for my helmet and it fit really well...my head is a little big though haha so you might want to make smaller but it should be reasonably close. :p
[attachment=4648:testsuitmirror.JPG]

Enrisan said:
lol don't worry about it...you should see my collection of wasted pep pieces that I scaled wrong.
For the helmet, you don't have a big head..you just have to trim the edge around the neck a little until you get your head in. I suggest you try a scale of 27.2cm in the Assembled Height box- I used it for my helmet and it fit really well...my head is a little big though haha so you might want to make smaller but it should be reasonably close. :p
[attachment=4648:testsuitmirror.JPG]
wow your armor looks really good!! thanks for the suggestion

mel_surf5 said:
wow your armor looks really good!! thanks for the suggestion
thanks! It's just a test suit so far, I really haven't gotten any of the final pieces put together except for the handplates and 1 thigh piece.
Hopefully the new scale works for you if you try it out :D

EVERYBODY LOOK!!! im so excited! i just finished putting resin on it and i want everyone to see my progress. bad or good???
i coudlnt have done it without everyones help on here.. THANKS EVERYBODY!

before
[attachment=4661:IMG_0199.jpg]
after
[attachment=4662:IMG_0202.jpg]

I'd be carefull with that respirator you are wearing. If my eyes serve me right...I have this same one. If you look at the cartridges it should chemical cartridge on it. I don't think yours do. I think the mask and filters you have on are primarily for particle type stuff, IE sanding...and that sort. I would look into getting a respirator designed for painting and the cartridges that go with that. I used a particle respirator for my first fiberglass session and I still got hit by fumes because it wasn't neutralized. Just a thought. Could be wrong.

Peace

-TL13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back