Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skupilkinson said:
[...]

Wouldn't a pep file carry it's share of problems? I mean, girlies chests are all different *cough!* :)

[...]
Hmm, when Sean releases his tut on how to make a full body tape/foam mannequin this may become easier. You might be able to make a mold and use the pep as a base, it would require a lot of cutting and fiberglass/bondo, but I think that would be the best way to get a perfect fit.

It's not a 'one size fits all' thing either, so even if someone did make a .pdo it wouldn't fit perfectly for everyone.

Oh, and go here for the respirator/safety guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the 4shared links don't work anymore. The file must have been removed. Though the Rapidshare links seem to work just fine. The female armor looks pretty cool as it goes.

Like Skupilkinson said, it is probably gonna be pretty hard to get the right size due to female physical attributes, but good luck on it.

Do you plan on making any of the permutations? If so, then I would suggest using the 'regular' MkVI chest. It would be very difficult to modify the perms.

gamerguy55 said:
Hmm, when Sean releases his tut on how to make a full body tape/foam mannequin this may become easier.

Oh, and go here for the respirator/safety guide.

I have spoken with sean on this and its easy. He gave me a link Here ya go

Just when your done fill it with expanding foam and wala.

TwitchFMX8811 said:
I have spoken with sean on this and its easy. He gave me a link Here ya go

Just when your done fill it with expanding foam and wala.
Thanks for the link.

Look at the end of Sean's tut, there's a pic of a complete person, with movable pieces. That's what I was talking about, not just the tape/foam mold.

sorry guys i havent been able to reply, i just got home from work.. thanks everybody for your suggestions and im definatly going to take a look at that tut because i dont want to waste all my time making a chest plate and then having itnot be able to fit because of certain girl assets. im gona check the girl armour Finnish put on so thanks for the link and twicth, i looked at that guys site but i dont think the end result would look that great compared to the guy chest plate..ill see what i can do but for now i think im just going to work on my helmet for now and leave the more complicated things for later.. and know that i thought of it, the diaper probably wont fit me right either because i have a little bit of a bootty compared to a guy. :p
thanks guys for all your suggestions i really appreciate it and thanks for all the loove!! :love:
p.s i was looking on google ad i think this would look pretty coool

Lol, 8 hours and already almost 30 posts.

When you're modeling, post pics your scapula or maybe your coccyx, you'll get instant popularity.

---

Anyway, good luck, nice to see another chica join the ranks of the 405th! :)

yeah, its always good for more chicks to join this forum (im a guy, its natural :p )
as for chick armor, nobody has attempted it, so we really dont know what to expect.

The type of fiberglass you want is either BONDO or ELMERS, at auto stores.

Dark Rogue said:

When you're modeling, post pics your scapula or maybe your coccyx, you'll get instant popularity.
heeeey!! whats that supposed to mean??
whats a scapula or coccyx..???
and rvb4life, your comment cracked me up lol

mel_surf5 said:
one more question, is there a girl version for the chest plate??
i dont know if this got answered but yes there is

Vrogy had it posted on the wiki (i think it was created by DANNIFOOD4LESS) but it looks like it got deleted. i would just send him a pm if he still has the pep file

Off topic but i wonder how much $#!T you get form guys that think your a little kid when your on live? I done it by accents but i got put back in place when they sent a picture

Dark Rogue said:
Hormones in overdrive, that's what it is.

mel_surf5 said:
whats a scapula or coccyx..???
scapula - shoulder blade
coccyx - tail bone

2 points for you Dark for knowing your (or someone else's) anatomy.

@Ral Partha :

I only know it works from experience. Check this out :
will%20smith%206.jpg

I posted this picture of me over at the BPF and they were on me like a fat kid on cake. I still have the scars =[

(BTW, that isn't the watermark you're looking for.)

Dark Rogue said:
I posted this picture of me over at the BPF and they were on me like a fat kid on cake. I still have the scars =[
LOL! That's a good one! :lol:

I believe the proper order for helmet construction would be 'Pep, resin, fiberglass, Bondo, paint, visor'.

You don't want to install the visor before you paint, otherwise you would have to go through the extra trouble of masking it off.

Tater Mane said:
I believe the proper order for helmet construction would be 'Pep, resin, fiberglass, Bondo, paint, visor'.

You don't want to install the visor before you paint, otherwise you would have to go through the extra trouble of masking it off.
Wait... Aren't resin and fiberglass the same thing? Or do you mean just the liquid then fiberglass mat/cloth?

Because if you just put resin on your armor....it would just be sticky. The catalyst makes it harden.

Hey Welcome to the 405th. Someone actually made girl armor for his wife. A few parts are normal MC, others are modified versions of the Mark VI. I'm not sure where you can get the pep files but you might be able to ask him.
Here ya go:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8660&st=20

just scroll down to the bottom, there are pictures.

p.s. remember to use proper safety equipment while resining, fiberglassing, and bondo-ing.

gamerguy55 said:
Wait... Aren't resin and fiberglass the same thing? Or do you mean just the liquid then fiberglass mat/cloth?

Because if you just put resin on your armor....it would just be sticky. The catalyst makes it harden.
Either you don't understand the process, or you're just being a smartass.

Neither is acceptable.

wel hope you make it soon. cause would look nice for once. a female spartan.
even in the books there said to be faster and beter add sniping ;)
i just wana see 1 for real :)

grtz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back