Here we go, Spec Ops Pepakura Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOW DOES EVERY1S PEPAKURA STUFF LOOK BETTER THAN MINE? I CANT GET THE FOLDS RIGHT!!! btw hlmet looks great :birthday: ;-) .i havnt had enought time yet to get stuck in to it but soon im gonna hve bout 3months off and then....... :hyper: im gonna get crackin'!!!!!!!!
BTW everything looks great man!!!!

Lol. Dont worry Smiley, im ther with yah. My helmet currently looks like a rampaging gorrila beat it with a baseball bat.

Spartan-129 said:
So, did you join the numbers 1 - 2 - 3 or did you just connect any peice you saw and, what did you use to combine the peices?

Its looking good so far.

I used tape actually. What I am gonna do is put the reinforcement stuff which I haven't chosen yet on the inside, paint the outside, then seal it for a little more strength.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, im done reinforcing with hot glue on one boot (with slip on slipper inside for wearing, will out black cloth in openings to keep it consistent). I am looking at visors and under-armor. Anyone know what a good, cheap under armor is?

And I was wondering... should I stick with traditional gold visor, or cause Im doing a SpecOps look, would a black/silver visor be better?

i think you should stop copying. and make your own. hahaha we can be spec op together i guess. as long as i get my sniper. im going with the silver one.

Ultima said:
Spartan-129 said:
So, did you join the numbers 1 - 2 - 3 or did you just connect any peice you saw and, what did you use to combine the peices?

Its looking good so far.

I used tape actually. What I am gonna do is put the reinforcement stuff which I haven't chosen yet on the inside, paint the outside, then seal it for a little more strength.

Ah thank you.

Sweet, then you can do the SMG pose! I just bought the visor. It was this one here. I did research and stuff on the helmet, and found it had a nice curve and gold color to it. It says brand new, so hopefully those scratches I see are just a sticky film over the visor.

[edit] Just painted my helmet a flat military black. Looks hot, and yes, its a double meaning :shock:

Update!!! Got my helmet painted and finished the boots. I put slip on slippers inside to make it easy to take them on and off.

th_P1020724.jpg
th_P1020723.jpg
th_P1020712-1.jpg
th_P1020701.jpg
th_P1020713.jpg

Well, I finally messed up badly. I plastered the helmet today, and it worked out real good, until I turned it over and saw the top had dented inward. by then the plaster was hard already. Oh well, I can just say its battle damage, lol.

It isn't really that simple for me. I might just put some hardening putty/clay or something to smooth it out. it isnt too big a dent, only about an half inch indent on the top.

[edit] - I cracked the plaster in the top of the helmet and pulled it out, then pushed the top of the helmet up and filled it with hot glue. I should be stirdy and flexible now so when I do wear it, the top of the helmet will push upward so it looks normal.

smilie120 said:
HOW DOES EVERY1S PEPAKURA STUFF LOOK BETTER THAN MINE? I CANT GET THE FOLDS RIGHT!!! btw hlmet looks great :birthday: ;-) .i havnt had enought time yet to get stuck in to it but soon im gonna hve bout 3months off and then....... :hyper: im gonna get crackin'!!!!!!!!
BTW everything looks great man!!!!

Hey smilie,

I use a metal ruler called a machinists steel rule. It has a very nice edge on it and is about an 1/8 inch thick. I use a light to see through the paper and use the ruler as a straight edge. I works really nice, and very easy.

Just an idea

Just got my visor. It is quite the tight fit in the helmet, but it doesn't rob my head of space. Just need to know the best way to fasten it in there.

I like black silicone or gasket sealer. It holds everything together while having some give to it and can fill in those little imperfections in the edge you cut for your helmet or whatever you might be sticking together.

I think it's about five bucks for a big caulk sized tube at Autozone. They probably have it at Walmart too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back