Hey Hey Heyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manamei

HI!

My name is Jecci.

33wxrna.jpg

I'm a promotional cosplayer, I do mostly volunteer work here at our local convention.

I'm 16, and female. I draw and I want to do concept art for games if the future. I'm really nerdy for computer games and comics.

I'm hoping to work on a Hayabusa helmet pretty soon. I've worked with paper craft before for about a year making various figures and stuff. I've never done a real scale model of anything, so I'm really excited about this! o u o

If all goes well, I'm hoping to do the rest of the armor.

Any tips or helpful advice? I've never worked with fiberglass before! o n o

Many thanks!

First of all Welcome to the 405th!!!

Well, It will be good if you read the stickies, they are fricken packed with info so they will pretty much help a lot with your builds. The stickies are the first threads in each forum section.

If you have any questions, just send me a PM and I will be glad to answer them :)

welcome to the community/family... as Alex stated, the stickies got just about everything you need to know. But if they can't answer your questions someone here is bound to.

Once again Welcome to the 405th! :)

ha ha hey. yesh, please do read the stickies, for they will help you alot. if not ask around, there are plenty of people willing to help. judging by your description, you should do fine. :D

I must echo Alex and say welcome to the 405th! As far as advice, stickies are a great place to start! Also, take your time, do your research and you should do just fine! We look forward to seeing how your build turns out! If you have any questions, feel free to fire off a PM to any of the more experienced builders, we are almost always willing to help out!

Cool a girl! Every girl I know thinks I'm weird or nerdy for liking making costumes and stuff.

Hope you enjoy your 405th experience!

Perceptor said:
Cool a girl! Every girl I know thinks I'm weird or nerdy for liking making costumes and stuff.

Hope you enjoy your 405th experience!

Not weird at all XD

It's all about being creative and building up that skill XD

It keeps people from doing illegal things.

@Everyone

Thanks! o u o

Last edited by a moderator:
Manamei said:
It keeps people from doing illegal things.

Hahaha

Yes it does!! :p

I used to do alot of the illegal parkour(Not going to give details :p) and well keeps my creativity going :D

Welcome to the 405th! :)

Just like everyone else has been saying......read the stickies and do your research. There are various methods when it comes to completing your armor from how to scale it and how to harden it. There are toxic and non toxic ways of hardening your armor so make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. :p

It's cool to see another chic making some Hayabusa armor! That is what my project was, but now I am attempting to get a costume done in time for the release of Halo Reach. :D

A little tip for the hayabusa helmet: Since the crown (spikes) extend beyond the top of the head, scaling for this can get a little tricky since the scale measures from the very bottom of the helmet to the highest point of the crown. So when you measure your own head for it, you might need to add quite a few more inches so that it is properly scaled to your head. It took me 3 tries to get it right when I first started and I was so eager to jump right in, that I payed no attention to the fact that the spikes extend beyond the top of my head! XD

I spent a total of 15 hours when I finally completed my 3rd build so expect to spend a lot of time building the hayabusa helmet due to all the pieces for those spikes. :p

Heh, what's up with all of the ladies making 'Busas!

Anyways, as I know it may be somewhat late, but welcome to the 405th, girl!

If you want to go further on the helmet(i.e resin, bondo, and paint), please make sure to use a repirator and gloves. An old, long sleeve shirt will also be fine to use.

-Pony

I know this maybe be a bit off topic, but what kind of guitar is that? It looks like a Fender Strat.

Welcome to the bandwagon 405th! lol, late to the welcome as well.

The 405th is an amazing source of information , like everyone says just ask and we will gladly help :lol .

Hope to see the Busa build, I myself am trying to finish up my ODST/Mark VI hybrid for A-Kon (in a week XD).

Awesome sig btw.

ACDCrockr209 said:
Heh, what's up with all of the ladies making 'Busas!

Anyways, as I know it may be somewhat late, but welcome to the 405th, girl!

If you want to go further on the helmet(i.e resin, bondo, and paint), please make sure to use a repirator and gloves. An old, long sleeve shirt will also be fine to use.

-Pony

I know this maybe be a bit off topic, but what kind of guitar is that? It looks like a Fender Strat.

I think it might be a copy. The branding doesn't look right. Or it might just be on a weird angle

Perceptor said:
Cool, parkour. I wish I could do flips and stuff. But it's much better now that you are doing more creative and legal stuff :)

Well I didnt do the hardcore flips and stuff, all I did was jump around buildings :p

I dont really know why they make those unnecessary flips.

Manamei said:
My friends used to do a lot of Parkour. I could never get into it. XD

Well you should its pretty cool but dangerous, I started with parkour in Mexico where you can easily climb houses and also because they are not that tall :pso you cannt really get hurt except if you land in a weird position :p

And over here in Kissimme its just impossible to get on top of a building....UGH!! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back