hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybervision2778

hi I am Anthony and I found this site awhile and thought it would help with my cosplaying but never got around to using it till now
I recently made this gun and wanted to put together a CQB suit and found this again and decided to settle in a bit more
20200101_144715.jpg

PS:how does the map thing work?
Welcome to the 405th! A CQB sounds great and I cant wait to see progress when you get around to it! I am not sure if the map is too functional anymore since I think an update to the website conflicted with it a little while ago, but it shows a rough location of 405th members on our planet :) that's what all of the red location pins are

Welcome to the 405th! A CQB sounds great and I cant wait to see progress when you get around to it! I am not sure if the map is too functional anymore since I think an update to the website conflicted with it a little while ago, but it shows a rough location of 405th members on our planet :) that's what all of the red location pins are
thanks

hi I am Anthony and I found this site awhile and thought it would help with my cosplaying but never got around to using it till now
I recently made this gun and wanted to put together a CQB suit and found this again and decided to settle in a bit more
View attachment 282510
CQB gang checking in!

Awesome start to prop making, do you know what game you want to base your armour on?

Scaling is one of the most difficult parts of the build process. Scaling what you did down by 5% should fix it, but if you ask me, the helmet looks good. If you ever plan on adding padding, a fan, or other internal objects, this will move the helmet up a little bit and make it look not so big. Plus you may have a year or two of growing in you that will fit you into it if it is too big. I would keep this helmet around just incase :)

It is definatly turning out well, but I recommend taking your time with the build. Those gaps and hot glue Mark's on the outside will be very obvious when you go to paint, and if you chose yo correct them, it will take more time to fix it than it did to make the helmet. If you want it to look really good and have all the detail, take your time, think about the bevel angles, and align the edges up as best you can when gluing. These edges should be perfectly flush on each other.

You are doing a great job so far and I cant wait to see more!

Seconding xXDashIVXx that it's a bit on the big side but CQB has a bit of a bubble feel to it until it's on along with torso armour.
1578067264766.png

Scaling everything together to make sure that sizes of objects match up with one another and still fit you is challenging because SPARTANs are weird noodley people. Going with what fits comfortably is always better than too small but to proper scale!

Scaling is one of the most difficult parts of the build process. Scaling what you did down by 5% should fix it, but if you ask me, the helmet looks good. If you ever plan on adding padding, a fan, or other internal objects, this will move the helmet up a little bit and make it look not so big. Plus you may have a year or two of growing in you that will fit you into it if it is too big. I would keep this helmet around just incase :)

It is definatly turning out well, but I recommend taking your time with the build. Those gaps and hot glue Mark's on the outside will be very obvious when you go to paint, and if you chose yo correct them, it will take more time to fix it than it did to make the helmet. If you want it to look really good and have all the detail, take your time, think about the bevel angles, and align the edges up as best you can when gluing. These edges should be perfectly flush on each other.

You are doing a great job so far and I cant wait to see more!
Yeah i was told to take my time but I forgot and spent one day building it

I've been there before.

It's looking really good, though. I'd second what xXDashIVXx has said about the seams. If you want it to look professional, focus on your seams. And practice¹⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰ lol.

Can't wait to see more!
Wow! Practice to the 100,000th power!?!?!? That's like 100,000 times practicing!(unless practice is a different variable)
Is it possible to learn this power?

Do not seek power for power's sake, rather, seek to improve yourself and the world by wielding only the power needed to achieve it.
- Random Ranger, Jedi Master 2020

1578207341142.png

I've been watching a lot of Clone Wars lately.

Last edited:
BUT! By "Achieving" this power, you have therefore not concluded your practice, because by "100,000th power", the simple Practice has become a mere component of its former self, lending itself to become smaller and smaller for every iteration of itself, resulting in the 100,000th practice attempt being naught but 1/100,000 of the original practice. To put it in perspective, If you were to half your distance from where you are now to the pencil sharpener in my 11th grade math teacher's classroom, yes, initially you would make great strides, but as time progressed, the progress you made would decrease. Eventually you would be able to reach the pencil sharpener, it's true, but you would Never. Actually. Reach. It. In that same vein, the closer you get to this great power of practice, the further you get from ever accomplishing the journey to greatness. Therefore, I submit to you, none of us have ever actually reached the level of competence we think we have, and are stuck in an endless and fallible loop of mortality, struggling against a greater, eternal, spiritual power of perfection that we cannot reach in this lifetime.

By "Achieving" this power, you have therefore not concluded your practice, because by "100,000th power", the simple Practice has become a mere component of its former self, lending itself to become smaller and smaller for every iteration of itself, resulting in the 100,000th practice attempt being naught but 1/100,000 of the original practice.

I think he simply meant "Don't forget to plug it in" but I could be wrong.

BUT! By "Achieving" this power, you have therefore not concluded your practice, because by "100,000th power", the simple Practice has become a mere component of its former self, lending itself to become smaller and smaller for every iteration of itself, resulting in the 100,000th practice attempt being naught but 1/100,000 of the original practice. To put it in perspective, If you were to half your distance from where you are now to the pencil sharpener in my 11th grade math teacher's classroom, yes, initially you would make great strides, but as time progressed, the progress you made would decrease. Eventually you would be able to reach the pencil sharpener, it's true, but you would Never. Actually. Reach. It. In that same vein, the closer you get to this great power of practice, the further you get from ever accomplishing the journey to greatness. Therefore, I submit to you, none of us have ever actually reached the level of competence we think we have, and are stuck in an endless and fallible loop of mortality, struggling against a greater, eternal, spiritual power of perfection that we cannot reach in this lifetime.
tenor (1).gif

But in all seriousness I love this. I think I should shorten this into a one sentence quote and hang it up above my work bench!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back