Soft Parts high res Halo 5 undersuit files Pepakura/3d printing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished up the groin unfold yesterday.

groin.jpg

I decided to do a test run and build it before I posted the unfold to make sure it was good to go. It's probably one of the more important parts of the Techsuit as it's not covered up by armor. I left the groin as 3 separate sections in the unfold but decided to build it as a single part.

IMG_1379.JPG IMG_1380.JPG

I think it came out near perfect.

Attachments

• H5-Techsuit-Groin-FOAM.zip
    631.1 KB · Views: 686
BTW: It has no instructions, I will add them this week some pieces have to be cut from behind at 45 degree angle and so on. ANY suggestion is will be appreciated.

We just have half of the main design now, and still we don't know how to paint the hex pattern, CommanderPalmer please throw us some light.
Wow! That looks fantastic! what did you use to sketch the pattern originally? I see fainter markings showing where you seem to have erased your original drawing...what did you do for that?

For the Hex pattern, I used a Silhouette cameo to cut out a sort of stencil and I brushed over it with fabric paint. You could also use spray paint if so desired and you want a more uniform pattern without brush variations. CommanderPalmer did something similar, I believe.

Wow! That looks fantastic! what did you use to sketch the pattern originally? I see fainter markings showing where you seem to have erased your original drawing...what did you do for that?

For the Hex pattern, I used a Silhouette cameo to cut out a sort of stencil and I brushed over it with fabric paint. You could also use spray paint if so desired and you want a more uniform pattern without brush variations. CommanderPalmer did something similar, I believe.

We used Makup pens (white) for the initial markings, I had to keep standing up for about two hours, those lines can be dim or erased with a heatgun, we use then a pencin with fabric paint to do the markings.

And YES CommanderPalmer is our model and inspiration for this project. <3

We dissasebled the suit and took more pictures of the patterns, we are also planning to re-draw the patterns with the hexs in the computer and then use the Cameo to cut them, wish us luck.

If we succeed we will make a tutorial for the whole process, and upload the patterns.

Last edited:
hey, maybe a dump question but why don't you simply 3d print the highres-undersuit files with ninjaflex filament?

hey, maybe a dump question but why don't you simply 3d print the highres-undersuit files with ninjaflex filament?

The problem is the cost, and in our countries (Latin American) this technology is non-existent or expensive.

Other problem is that I'm trying to make an under-suit that can fit All Halo 5 armors, my plan is to cover some surfaces with "female" Velcro so you can build any part of any armor and attach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back