Home Ground - A Halo Short Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmHarper

Hello everyone,

I am very pleased to share with you all a Halo short film I have been working on since late last year. Principal photography consisted of a day shoot shoot in early November and involved many talented individuals, including your own Carpathia (carpathiavh99). He was kind enough to lend me himself, his armor, and his time & energy. I've been slowly chugging away at getting it finished since then and am happy to finally have a completed version to share. I would also like to thank the community for providing me with inspiration and motivation - though unbeknownst to you, as I have been a lurker for the most part, haha - during the process. Thank you!

Hope you enjoy it, or at the very least find it interesting! Please feel free to throw any questions you might have my way. I'll do my best to answer them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I loved it! It was well done, the scope was perfect, and it wasn't tiring to watch or too long. The camera work was a little too shaky for me, but it was a small thing. It gave me chills when the spartan showed up. Great work!

I was very happy to have been able to help out. It was actually a pretty fun day, and the result is fantastic. Great job; and good luck in California!

It was well done, the scope was perfect, and it wasn't tiring to watch or too long. The camera work was a little too shaky for me, but it was a small thing. It gave me chills when the spartan showed up. Great work!

Awesome, that's actually really great feedback. Glad to hear it neither dragged on nor was too short. I realize the camera direction isn't everyone's cup of tea but it was a stylisitc choice we made. I'm a big fan of Band of Brothers and Neil Blomkamp's work.

It gave me chills when the spartan showed up. Great work!

*Wipes hands clean* I think my work here is done! :p In all seriousness, that's awesome to hear; for a filmmaker, that is a wonderfully fantastic compliment. Thanks!

Very well done. I like it. Good job.

Thank you very much. So glad you enjoyed it!

That was great! what a well put together film.

Thanks for taking the time to watch it and post a comment. I really appreciate it!

More people should collaborate and make more shorts like this one!

Completely agree. I learned a lot from this and would love to do another or a series if the circumstances allowed for it!

That was fantastic! I would love to see more like this.

Thanks mate! So would I. If only time, money, and logistics weren't such big hurdles.

Everything was great! my only feedback as a sound engineer would be that the whistle at 4:29 is very out of place. The waving around would have been better accompanied by a simple "Retreat!" or "Fall Back!". merely opinion though. Everything else was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back