How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just joined because I want to get into prop building. This site is a great place for finding all sorts of resources. What is the record for most people online at one time now?

My husband found it, after we finished putting together my Agent Tex armour. Lots of great info here, I wish we would have found it sooner.

Found site as I just got into cosplay and found some helpful tips on it so far from that i signed up and look forward to furthering this grand adventure of cosplay.

I joined up after talking with and aquiring my own armor and gear from a couple members 2 of whom I have met in person, Bryan Doell, Luis Morin, Brian Jhonson, Jose Valdez, Sean Bradely. All cool guys!

Bing search results for 3d printed Master Chief Armor. I was in the process of making plans for what I wanted to build and came across the 405th. Very thankful to have found this treasure trove of knowledge and the great people who represent it

I was trying to figure out how to make my own armor and I saw a lot of 405th when I was doing research on how to make it, mostly on youtube

I was trying to figure out how to make my own armor and I saw a lot of 405th when I was doing research on how to make it, mostly on youtube
Nice story and I Know you are new and may not know but just a friendly reminder... Try not to necropost. This thread is over a year old

Oooohh...I found the 405th when I was looking to make a homemade costume for the first time a few years ago. So, I decided to make some MC armor, and stumbled upon an image of Mr skywalker and his foam Halo 4 MC armor. That pretty much kickstarted my cosplaying journey.

I started out with this ugly duckling:
Old MC.png

and am currently sitting with much better props and cosplays:
103_0091.jpg
Serious Face.JPG
(i'm the warlock on the left)

So glad I got into this hobby, I've done lots of cool stuff and met lots of cool people along the way.

I found the 405th by accident, made an account, forgot about it for a year and then actually started making costumes. Two and a half years down the road, this is probably my third most visited site aside from Reddit and Facebook.

I can't recall if I told this story before.....My son was at a friend's house and played HALO and was wow-ed by the armor and asked if I could make a costume like that for Purim (Jewish version of Halloween). All my research lead me to here. A few months later IMG-20160323-01209.jpg he had a low rez suit. Not my best work.....but not my last.

Let me see... How did I find this site. I follow a whole wack of people on Instagram. Started seeing all the sweet cosplay. Started watching YouTube vids of cosplay compilations from different cons like SDCC, DragonCon, NYCC and and some local stuff like Anime North and Toronto FanExpo. After testing the waters with a couple of small foam props and my son's Saiyan warrior armour, I wanted to build my own cosplay and thought it would be cool to do something from Halo. Did a Google search for templates and everything pointed here. So here I am. Almost a year later. Now I've built a Spartan suit for my son, a few weapon props and I am procrastinating on my ODST armour at this point. Oh, I've also helped convince Dirtdives that he needs a wall put up to protect him from the Canadian regiment.

Let me see... How did I find this site. I follow a whole wack of people on Instagram. Started seeing all the sweet cosplay. Started watching YouTube vids of cosplay compilations from different cons like SDCC, DragonCon, NYCC and and some local stuff like Anime North and Toronto FanExpo. After testing the waters with a couple of small foam props and my son's Saiyan warrior armour, I wanted to build my own cosplay and thought it would be cool to do something from Halo. Did a Google search for templates and everything pointed here. So here I am. Almost a year later. Now I've built a Spartan suit for my son, a few weapon props and I am procrastinating on my ODST armour at this point. Oh, I've also helped convince Dirtdives that he needs a wall put up to protect him from the Canadian regiment.
I'm not even Canadian and I can gladly say I've contributed as well. INCITE TERROR! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back