How do i attached the HJC Visor inside my helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavetheRave

Hey guys just wondering what methods people use to attach their visors to their helmets? Also after peping do you fibre glass and resin the whole helmet and then cut out the visor slot?? Or resin everywhere but the visor slot and then cut it out once the rest of the resin and fibre glassing are done. Cheers

Some use hotglue, some use screws or a combination, it depends opn how much tension there is to make the visor fit. Resin and fiberglass where you need it, then you can cut out the visor. Doesnt really matter if you resin the visor or not as it is destined for the bin. I resined mine inside and out but waited till I fiberglassed the inside before I cut the visor out.

i actually attached my with Gorilla tape,that thing is not coming out! and you can always take it out easy with the tape also

I used a Dremmel with a cutting wheel to cut out the visor part. Then I held the visor in place with duct tape, and filled the gaps around it with Great Stuff. I trimmed it down with scissors, painted it, and then hot glued the visor in place. Check out Longshot-x's MK6 build thread. He explains how he did it, and I just copied him. It's easy, and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back