How Tall Is Everyone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Talk' started by xomanowar, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Just think of it this way.......later on when you'er 40....you'll look like a 20 year old.......I'm 47.....Look like mid 30's and acts like a 20 year old......(sometimes younger, depends on my mood and what I'm doing at the moment).

2. Sentri

Sentri

I've been asked if I had my license by one of the kids in martial arts. So apparently, I barely look 16. Course, I still act like I am that age (if not younger, LOL). I've been told that I'm one of the biggest little kids in the classes.

3. IshidaRyusei

IshidaRyusei

XD seems to be a thing for people like us. I don't have my license mind you but that's fine with me. I'm one of the biggest kids/ oddballs in my group of friends but then again we're all artists so weirdness comes with the package. We all have a little bit of it.

4. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Well I planed to and I am taking my youth in to my older age (I'm already old according to my kids).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
    Jme likes this.
  5. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

Aye, it's so... odd... when someone asks you for an ID in any case and if you're 18... o.o'

I mean, IshidaRyusei is 19, but I'm almost 25, so it's weird when someone asks me if I'm already over 18... o_O'

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2017
  6. IshidaRyusei

IshidaRyusei

Ain't that the truth! Especially going to all ages events. Not that I drink so it works in my favour XD but those black x marks take forever to wash out. (I'll admit, I'm a culprit in thinking you were 16 at first glance)

7. ZP180

ZP180

I admit I thought you were younger too by your picture. But shouldn't we be glad people think we're younger than we are? It's a bit annoying buying alcohol and getting carded, but when I got asked if my parents were at the store when I went to buy an M rated game a couple years ago (think I was 24 then) is funny in hindsight. Annoyed me at the time.

8. Jme

Jme

I finally stopped getting carded at 29.

Many years ago...

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Dirtdives likes this.
  9. IshidaRyusei

IshidaRyusei

Correction, I'm 5'1" I remeasured myself last night. Still a short Spartan lol

10. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

I know that feeling..........

Jme likes this.
  11. Chiefwannabe

Chiefwannabe

13 years old (apparently look 15 according to all my mates at school) and I am 170cm tall so thats about 5.8 feet ( thanks google )

12. IshidaRyusei

IshidaRyusei

Being tall has its perks but being small means hiding is easier >w>

13. Matti543

Matti543 New Member

1 meter 75, not very tall..

FlyinPhil likes this.
  14. bestellen

bestellen New Member

i'm 5 feet 6 inches. 128lbs.

15. Xav kitsune

Xav kitsune

I was never carded. turning 25 on the 11th

16. FirstPick

FirstPick

I'm 6'3" and 200 lbs.
    In my suit, I stand about 6'8".
    Gotta say, the height really helps the feel of being a Spartan. From the videos I've seen, I stand above almost everyone at conventions and it looks physically imposing.

This trooper was about 6' tall

2642687b55d52b35644394b8cbf2cebd.jpg

17. seantrooper

seantrooper New Member

may as well add to this :p

I'm 22, 175cm tall and weigh about 77kg

18. CommanderPalmer

How does you costume add 5 inches to your height?! O_O

19. FirstPick

FirstPick

Height?
    There's padding under the helmet and the helmet adds some height and then I padded the boots to give me a couple extra inches.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

20. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Cheater!!!! good idea though.....are you afraid of damage to the boots? and what about stability? can you walk safely, stairs and stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

And don't you mean "Height"?

21. CommanderPalmer

Hah, apologize. I guess a certain AI hacked my post!

Nice job on increasing the height. 5 inches is quite lot :D

22. FirstPick

FirstPick

I don't have an issue walking. They were steel-toe work boots with three layers of floor mat foam (our typical stuff) glued to the bottom.

You really can't even tell. uploadfromtaptalk1470862889171.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1470862921801.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1470862889171.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1470862921801.jpg

CommanderPalmer likes this.
  23. CommanderPalmer

I'm sorry for asking, but how is walking with foam attach to the underside of the boot?
    Is it safe? Isn't it easy to slide on something and fall?

24. FirstPick

FirstPick

Surprisingly, I haven't slipped or anything like that. I have tripped a bit because my feet aren't used to the extra size. Usually walking up stairs.
    Overall, it's very comfortable with the extra padding and you get used to the size difference pretty quickly.

25. seantrooper

seantrooper New Member

That shoe lift is a really neat idea to get that extra height.. can't even tell you have foam under there. May need to steal that if I do a spartan in the future ;)