How to be taller. A LOT taller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsau mia

XT9963.JPG

These shoes promise to give you an added 5.5" in height. Increasing Shoes has a good variety of different shoes to choose from, and it seems like no one will notice that added little bit. The military style is nice too. Does anyone have any experience with these or know if they're bulky and heavy? I just thought this might help out some of the guys out there, since us chicas can just slip a pair of heels under the boot armor, haha.

Wow! Those shoes have really hefty prices on them! But I found these which are elevator inserts that can give 1" to 1.5" added height for about $11.00 a pair. CLICK HERE for the store front link.
asia-focus_2150_58020541.gif

Those 5.5-inchers are probably perfect if you're anything over 6" tall.

I'm 6' 4.5", I've just been building shoe armor over cowboy boots.

I have my own Army boots, there really heavy (cannot lift legs up for more than ten seconds lying down heavy) but when you walk in them they dont hurt and are quite comfortable, you just have to remember to tie them tight but not to tight overwise you can have ankle damage :)

Nice find! I may have to purchase a pair or two of these - I need about 4" lift to get into the right range for my Vader costume, and my current boots are causing me some problems. The prices on these are actually not bad at all, as long as the quality's decent.

I actually have bought a pair of shoes from that website. Few things: First if you do order, make sure you are getting the correct size because they dont go by american standard size..they do have a size chart comparison that is easy to read so you make sure you get the correct size when ordering. Shipping was free for me I believe and arrived quickly with a tracking number, so no worries about ordering from this site.

On to the shoes themselves..

They claim to add 5.5", but I dont think it is actually that dramatic. You, and everyone else also, will notice a drastic distance in height but Im not sure it is 5.5. I will have to measure myself again with these on and report back. Im used to wearing boots so they did not feel that heavy on me. Walking in them was no problem for me, though I have yet to walk in them while in full costume (since Im still building it). The only thing is since the height is much different, I recommend using handrails on stairs since your center of gravity feels off and you may loose your balance easier on stairs. Regular flat ground should be no problem, I put them on and walked fine right away.

I will say this though, the picture is misleading. It does resemble what is pictured but it's not exact. The boots I ordered looked like the one pictured above (it may even be the exact pair) except the ones I recieved had a gloss finish, the laces seem more like that of a sneaker and not the rounded laces of a boot, the stitching is all black - not white like pictured.

Since most of us Im assuming are covering them with their armor anyway, it doesnt really matter much about the appearance so it wasn't an issue for me.

Also, I just checked their website from the link provided above and it seems like they are much more than I paid (from the same website). They do have special offers, so maybe I bought them when they were cheaper but I remember paying about $85 for mine.

Im not knocking, their product or promoting it.. just wanted to give everyone my opinion since I have a pair from this website. They do what it claims - adds height, and if you're standing roughly 5'7" without armor then they do help give that larger appearance when adding in your undersuit and armor and padding. I wish I had mine done so you can see with and without pictures as to what kind of effect they give. Im my opinion $80 for a pair of boots you may buy anyway, these are worth it.. for the $160 or so I saw briefly looking on the website just now.. I'd wait until they were in the special offer catagory again. hope this helps guys! (and gals!)

So how's the quality of these things? Are yours actually a decent, solid pair of shoes, or do they feel like the halloween-costume-grade boots you can get at Party City? $150-160 is better than I paid for my last pair of lift boots, but still more than I want to pay if they're not decent shoes.

This is great for us girl spartans too. I'm 5'5'', so to reach a "tall" height, i'd have to wear something like this. Though, i'm not sure if I'd want to spend the money on it. Being poor hurts. Those 1.5'' insoles look much more enticing. >.>

You got a thing against little people? Just kidding. But seriously I'm 5 foot....

The point was not to make fun of small people, but to make fun of the creative use of the " and ' signs. Someone who's only six inches (inches, not feet!) tall would be dwarved even by a garden gnome :)

The point was not to make fun of small people, but to make fun of the creative use of the " and ' signs. Someone who's only six inches (inches, not feet!) tall would be dwarved even by a garden gnome :)

Ik just joking around. Also Inside of star wars didn't the guy who played starwars have to look through the costumes neck hole? Or was that something else...

So how's the quality of these things? Are yours actually a decent, solid pair of shoes, or do they feel like the halloween-costume-grade boots you can get at Party City? $150-160 is better than I paid for my last pair of lift boots, but still more than I want to pay if they're not decent shoes.

They are the same quality you would expect out of a normal pair of boots. They are by no means just cheaply made Halloween costume grade boots.

Also, for the people that mentioned the 1.5" insoles... you can add them to these boots too, giving you a very high lift of 7".

Just noticed this thread and wanted to throw out an idea I know that is used for the predators that some put together; Mainly its guys that have done this, but I don't see why you females couldn't do the same. Basically they get a woman's boot, the outer covering is usually bigger to give the look that it portionally with the height added and they'd chop off the front portion of the boot since us men can't fully squeeze into a female boot and thus you increase your height. For the ladies I'm sure you could also do this minus chopping the front toe portion off, but not entirely sure that the boot covering would still look right.

I would certainly hope that all of us are taller than six inches...

HaHa! that's great.

I just gue foam to the bottom of old crappy boots. As long as you cover it up well and don't end up with that "I totally added 5'' of foam to the bottom of my boots to create platforms" look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back