How Would It Had Happend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloodl3tt3r said:
Not Onyx, Onyx broke apart at the end of the book into the massive amount of Sentinels, it wouldn't have any recognizable features like the "city lights" on the planet at the end. And besides, he'd have to be floating for a hella long time to reach Onyx from the Ark portal. The Ark Portal was outside the galaxy, even reaching Onyx would take hundreds, if not thousands of years.
LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA
NOT LISTENING
i'm still reading it :eek: :( ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
well while this topic is back i may as well say something.

I think it was Bungies way of letting the player decide the fate of the master chief. WE can choose if he lives or dies, if he died saving the human race, or lived to continue his battle.
Did he die on the ship? did he go to the planet only to awaken another dreadful enemy of the human race even more powerful than the covenant or flood? Nobody knows, Bungie has left it up to us to use our imaginations to work out the ending, or create a new story.

p0rtalman said:
well while this topic is back i may as well say something.

I think it was Bungies way of letting the player decide the fate of the master chief. WE can choose if he lives or dies, if he died saving the human race, or lived to continue his battle.
Did he die on the ship? did he go to the planet only to awaken another dreadful enemy of the human race even more powerful than the covenant or flood? Nobody knows, Bungie has left it up to us to use our imaginations to work out the ending, or create a new story.

very good point. if we demand chief well get chief... if we let him die..we get an arbiter game...
ohmy.gif

p0rtalman said:
Bungie has left it up to us to use our imaginations to work out the ending, or create a new story.

Or if they ever get straped for cash Bungie have an open ended story to make a sequel. ;)

haha, good one, but they wouldnt be able to do that, MS owning the rights to Halo and all. so MS would have to be the ones strapped for cash...
all Bungie need to do is release something "from the creators of Halo" and they will make millions, even if they just re-release pong.

p0rtalman said:
haha, good one, but they wouldnt be able to do that, MS owning the rights to Halo and all. so MS would have to be the ones strapped for cash...
all Bungie need to do is release something "from the creators of Halo" and they will make millions, even if they just re-release pong.

ZOMG Bungie is Remaking teh PONG!!111!!! I AM GUNNA BUY TAHT FO SHO. funny thing is i play pong alot still and i am of the teenage age group.

and i also have a qeustion. if master chiefs helmet can only give him enough air too survive for 90 minutes in space, wouldnt he pretty much die with half his ship you know...gone? i highly doubt that the little cryosleep thing or whatever it was gives you an unlimited air supply.

reading halo.wikia it seems that a person in cryo-sleep doesn't need air because of a bronchial surfactant mentioned in fall of reach and a few other novels. that and because the tissue's chilled down, less action is happening on a molecular level and there is very little need for oxygen. If any is required, its probably supplied through the surfactant.

The basic principles of cryo-sleep are that when the body is put into it, the metabolism is *drastically* slowed, meaning the requirements for oxygen, food and the like are cut to almost non-existant levels.

This happens for certain animals in nature to survive the winter and whatnot. I remember there was a species of frog that purposefully buried itself under lakes that would freeze over. They 'died' and their body shut down outside the most extreme requirements. When the tempatures warmed enough, they'd thaw out and return to normal, having survived underground, frozen, with no food or anything for months.

So in short, yes, when cryo-frozen the body does need pretty much zilch for supplies. 90 minutes of continuous air wouldn't last him forever, but it would last him several months I could bet.

The bronchial surfacant, from what i remember in the books, is more or less to help retain nutrients in the body. It would keep the lungs 'moist' to a degree, and then post sleep, you would(or at least are supposed to according to the books) regurgitate and swallow the stuff, and any nutrients lost would be digested and put back into your system.

Reno said:
The basic principles of cryo-sleep are that when the body is put into it, the metabolism is *drastically* slowed, meaning the requirements for oxygen, food and the like are cut to almost non-existant levels.

This happens for certain animals in nature to survive the winter and whatnot. I remember there was a species of frog that purposefully buried itself under lakes that would freeze over. They 'died' and their body shut down outside the most extreme requirements. When the tempatures warmed enough, they'd thaw out and return to normal, having survived underground, frozen, with no food or anything for months.

So in short, yes, when cryo-frozen the body does need pretty much zilch for supplies. 90 minutes of continuous air wouldn't last him forever, but it would last him several months I could bet.

The bronchial surfacant, from what i remember in the books, is more or less to help retain nutrients in the body. It would keep the lungs 'moist' to a degree, and then post sleep, you would(or at least are supposed to according to the books) regurgitate and swallow the stuff, and any nutrients lost would be digested and put back into your system.

of course, looking at it hypothetical view point in the halo universe anyone could argue that that far into the future the surfactant could also contain some sort of oxidizer which would be able to deliver the low doses of oxygen needed for the body to remain alive.

So Forward Unto Dawn crashes into unknown planet - Cortana analyzes the atmosphere (If there is any) - Wakes Chief - New story begins.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
So Forward Unto Dawn crashes into unknown planet - Cortana analyzes the atmosphere (If there is any) - Wakes Chief - New story begins.

Or maybe some covies finds the half ship floating in space, and board it. Now chief have to wake up, shot his way out, and take the covie ship somplace els.

maybe...

TB the gr8 1 said:
Or maybe some covies finds the half ship floating in space, and board it. Now chief have to wake up, shot his way out, and take the covie ship somplace els.

maybe...

I doubt it. All Covenant loyalists (Brutes, Grunts, Jackals, etc) were either:
A) Infected by the flood.
:cool: Defeated by humans and Elite Seperatists.
C) Blew up on the Ark or killed by the blast from Installation 04-2.

I believe crashing into the "Planet" is more likely.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
I doubt it. All Covenant loyalists (Brutes, Grunts, Jackals, etc) were either:
A) Infected by the flood.
:cool: Defeated by humans and Elite Seperatists.
C) Blew up on the Ark or killed by the blast from Installation 04-2.

I believe crashing into the "Planet" is more likely.

Dude, we have never been to thier homeplanet! (or am i wrong? :S)
There, it should be more than nuf to kill!

just thought i'd add my two cents in on this.
there have been alot of rumors as to the connection of the marathon series and the halo universe. there are quite alot of differences in the early timelines (mostly from 2070-2472) the main thing to look at is that the marathon timeline leaves out an entire century (2472-2611) marathon.bungie.org timeline

it says "(This century intentionally left blank. Seriously, nothing really happened.)"

the marathon timeline also picks back up in 2611 (which is when the games start taking place), one year after The John-117 Believe Meorial was opened.

So with some creative writing, or further explanation, or even the creation of a new tie-in version of the story for the marathon games, it's entirely possible that the end of Halo 3 is the beginning of Marathon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back