Humpday Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irandis

Alright, this is my first post since I joined this sight in january 09, so bear wit me hear people.
Okay so I was on bungie.net the other week and I saw that joystick had just completed a humpday challenge against bungie, so I thought that we here at the 405th should mabye challenge bungie to a humpday? I don't know the rules and all but I think that it would be cool to do.
SO! any that would wish to help please post your opinons here because if we are a halo fan site we should at least try a shot at beating the makers at there own game! :lol:

Irandis said:
Alright, this is my first post since I joined this sight in january 09, so bear wit me hear people.
Okay so I was on bungie.net the other week and I saw that joystick had just completed a humpday challenge against bungie, so I thought that we here at the 405th should mabye challenge bungie to a humpday? I don't know the rules and all but I think that it would be cool to do.
SO! any that would wish to help please post your opinons here because if we are a halo fan site we should at least try a shot at beating the makers at there own game! :lol:

dude adam can help to get us a challeange he has recon and if we do it do it with me since im really good

Last edited by a moderator:
godsarmor said:
dude adam can help to get us a challeange he has recon and if we do it do it with me since im really good
a bit modest....
and recon has nothing to do with his skill in halo 3 btw

korekillerking said:
a bit modest....
and recon has nothing to do with his skill in halo 3 btw

i nver said he has skill but since he has some rep with bungie he could try

Recon does however, mean that he did somthing noteworthy to get it.(Though i'm fine with my security) :D
If anyone can find people that can help with this, go for it, cause we need at least ten team members. Joystick hade nine.

Irandis said:
Recon does however, mean that he did somthing noteworthy to get it.(Though i'm fine with my security) :D
If anyone can find people that can help with this, go for it, cause we need at least ten team members. Joystick hade nine.
yeah he built the 405th and armour, its a bit obvious

Irandis said:
lol I'm fine with my security too. I'm in if you guys do set up a game. My Gamertag: CYCLONES6. (Xbox 360 right?)

Bigalt424 said:
lol I'm fine with my security too. I'm in if you guys do set up a game. My Gamertag: CYCLONES6. (Xbox 360 right?)
lol halo is only on 360
if anyting happens gt: kamikazekore

I'm pretty sure Bungie would destroy us.

I think a better idea would be a Community Game day. Like the ones you see in the Events channel on the 360 dashboard. Most of the time it's just for fun and gets communities like ours noticed by more people. Though we've never really had a problem with that...:lol:

Yeah, I think that all the 'Dude, I'm really good" isn't going to matter if we don't play frequently as a team, and to my knowledge the 405th hasn't played much as a team at all.

I know there have been a few fleeting game nights here and there, but we'd need far better organization to keep things running. Once we rank the 405th players, we'd need find the best team players at which point we could form a really strong H3 team.

Then... we might stand a chance playing against Bungie.

The Dallas Mavericks... a good team
The L.A. Lakers... a great team

The Mavs can't beat the Lakers. Why? Mentally they believe the Lakers the better.

Reality? The Mavs could beat them with the right mental attitude.

Bungie vs The 405th? The 405th could smoke 'em like a cheap cigar! Fast and Hard!

Look at me! I'm a cheerleader... where are my pom-poms and short skirt?

NOTE: I wear a kilt... not a skirt. :p

To Magnum:I agree, if you guys need someone to set up a community game day i'll help.

to Sean:I think that magnums idea is a good one mabye if we set up a couple practices for the team that we would use to counter bungie we could see who would work and who would'nt. My one issue is the skill rating system. I for instance have played halo 3 since launch, but just a month ago I set up my own xbox live account and i'm pretty sure it says my skill is like 12 to 15?I dont know. My point is that you don't need a high skill rating to be a good player. But as put above a couple community games would be a good idea, so if you guys need someone to head this i'd love to help.

Das Brutus said:
The Dallas Mavericks... a good team
The L.A. Lakers... a great team

The Mavs can't beat the Lakers. Why? Mentally they believe the Lakers the better.

Reality? The Mavs could beat them with the right mental attitude.

Bungie vs The 405th? The 405th could smoke 'em like a cheap cigar! Fast and Hard!

Look at me! I'm a cheerleader... where are my pom-poms and short skirt?

NOTE: I wear a kilt... not a skirt. :p
wth are you on about i laughed at that :whistle: :whistle:

Oh ya! I forgot to add one thing! Apparently if you do luck out and beat bungie, recon is a posibility? o_O
And I watched the matches against bungie and most of the time they have an extreme advantage, like the one with Joystick vs. Bungie. Team multi flag on Orbital and joysticks flag spawned in bungie's base?

Oh well, I still agree that holding a 405th community game days would be a good idea, at least that would put us on the road to getting a team together.

As said above, 405th staff, if you guys need someone to head this i'd be happy to help.

recon is cool but it dosent mean your good well it would be cool if we beat them at there own game :lol: i would like to see this happen.

EDIT: we need to get a 405th team going to beat bungie i woud like in :lol: (spartan kill u)

Hey to any 405th staff that could help: This weekend(25th and 26th of april)I would like to do a 405th community gameday, I think this would be a good idea, it dosn't have to be a full-on xbox news kinda deal just somthing we could do hear to get to know each other as a community. So if any 405th staff, Mods, or any one who would like to do so please post if you'd like to here. :D

EDIT:23Magnum was the first to post this idea

I think you thought I was talking about an internal Community Game Day. What I was talking about was the "Community Playdates" you see on Xbox.com>Community>Events.

You can try to organize internal events any time you want. I think there's even a few threads around here that've already tried to do so.

Thanks Magnum, I actually meant both though, i'd like to orginaize not only some internal community game days but also some xbox news big headlines kinda stuff to so if any can or wants to do that count me in.

I think playing bungie would be a long term goal, Like previously mentioned we'd need to get together and see who works good together and then put together a team and have a few practices come up with strategies. Obviously bungie's been doing it a while so if you take the best of us and throw us in we'd likely get spanked... If we got a team together and worked at it, worked together we could prob put up a good fight.

I played for a clan for medal of honor that was pretty good, What they did was took screen shots of the whole map and named everything and it made it easier to communicate like over by that big rock was more like over by the "point" when there's one big rock there's probably quite a few more... If someone's willing to do something like that it might give us an edge in the communication part if we ever did put together a team or something.

Ya i'm trying to work with the staff to see if we could set up some internal communtiy game days and also possibly a Xbox360 news covered one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back