Hvmr-003 Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys a small update, the jig I was using blew up on me so all I was really able to do was cut out the second half of the gun. So I guess I have to postpone the main update next weeek when I get another jig, so bare with me on this one, plus one of my friends broke the bottom half so I spent some time repairing it. Thats the latest update and I will have more probably next week.

Hey guys, srry but this will be another quick update because right now I am kinda in a bad mood. So the reason why is because another student decided to break my gun, I dont know who or why they did this but now one of the top pieces is broken in half, the bottom half got broken too by the trigger area, I had already glued both sides together and now because it broke it is a quarter inch off what I wanted it to be. I know it was done on purpose because I hid it in an area that nobody ever goes to, dont you guys get that alot? Your just about to finish something then someone else comes over and ruins it. I guess I am spending the week end figuring out how to fix it, If this thread is getting to boring for everyone, let me know so I can just bring my camera to school and I guess show you the mess they made. But what I did manage to do was level it again and realign the front section. I am also cutting out the foam pieces that will be going ontop of the broken and messed up areas, so thats the latest update, yes this thread is boring but I am a perfectionist, and art takes time, we will see how it turns out.

i feel ur pain, school full of wannabe gangsters "ahh man thats of the chain 'snap' well sh** that was weak"

im sick of ignorant people. hope u get it fixed. as for boredom, its not, the only thing is that i dont now what ur making could u post a pic of what it finished would look like

I know what ya mean dude. I still go to school and there are kids at my school that are a bunch of jerks and destroy on purpose. I think that the person that broke your gun is jealous because you and the rest of the 405th members make AWESOME STUFF. I hope you get your gun fixed into great shape!

Alright people finally I can show you what I got so far, I think by far this is the worst week I had ever had when making this gun. I dont want to dump my problems on you guys because that aint fair, so for all those who have been waiting this is as far as I got.

gallery_19685_2038_3476897.jpg

Trust me, at 40 minutes a day, 3-4 days a week, plus it being broken twice, its alot. But for all those who care this is it, I have the front end basically done, Im going to install the hand grip maybe today If I can sneek into the workshop again.

gallery_19685_2038_2810176.jpg

gallery_19685_2038_649253.jpg

These are the areas that they broke...again, this is minor stuff but with the pieces that were between them gone I will have to compensate for the missing quarter inch there. All these problems are fixable, I just need more time and to take my time doing it.

gallery_19685_2038_937445.jpg

This is wat I am planning with the buttstock, It aint much but with the broken pieces its kinda obvious how off the buttstock turned out, I am almost done with the bottom section, all I need to do is cut out the grip, wood glue then nail all the pieces that I have glued together, bring it home for the finishing touch. Well this is all I go if you have queastions please post and Ill update you guys when something has changed, hopefully for better.

There's a SPY sappin your gun!! Good work fixing up your gun and hopefully no one shall break it this time!

Unknown? said:
There's a SPY sappin your gun!! Good work fixing up your gun and hopefully no one shall break it this time!

Yeah, there just jealous... my pies are to good for those spys! Anyways once I get the areas that are overlapping the sides sanded down and even, I am going to eather bondo the open cracks of use wood putty. Then cover it up with some foam armor then that part will be done, but my next problem is wether or not I should put an active trigger, a stationary trigger or no trigger. As far as I am seeing it, I have the supplies for it, but I have another week before spring break and I wount be able to cut wood. I may just not put a trigger at all because its risky enough me making a gun on school campus and the teacher knowingly letting me make it, if I put a trigger it wound give the school even more of a reason to expel me, and I am a senior, what timeing huh?...

Last edited by a moderator:
ONESHOTKILL808 said:
Yeah, there just jealous... my pies are to good for those spys! Anyways once I get the areas that are overlapping the sides sanded down and even, I am going to eather bondo the open cracks of use wood putty. Then cover it up with some foam armor then that part will be done, but my next problem is wether or not I should put an active trigger, a stationary trigger or no trigger. As far as I am seeing it, I have the supplies for it, but I have another week before spring break and I wount be able to cut wood. I may just not put a trigger at all because its risky enough me making a gun on school campus and the teacher knowingly letting me make it, if I put a trigger it wound give the school even more of a reason to expel me, and I am a senior, what timeing huh?...

Lolz for the pie joke! I say you don't put a trigger and say that its touch activated to fire and to make it sound sophisticated because humans don't need triggers...or do they?

Bigwillie5 said:
dude its turning out rly well, maybe they r jealous cus u got skillz?

Why thank, thank you very much..Buh-huh-huh!!

Unknown? said:
Lolz for the pie joke! I say you don't put a trigger and say that its touch activated to fire and to make it sound sophisticated because humans don't need triggers...or do they?

Who knows... could have it voice activated! Every time you want it to shoot just say "Fire", so the faster you say "FIRE" the faster it shoots lolz.

Alright quick update, I have finished nailing the bottom part of the gun already, I used standard nails. To be honest it is kind of late to change my mind now but I like how it turned out, its like its been bolted together. I am currently figureing out how I should paint it, and how I am going to build the top half of it. It is spring break this week so I will be spending it visiting my dad on Big Island, It takes a hell of a long time to get around on Big Island so I am taking advantage of it to design the details on the gun.

Some good progress so far. Points for originality, and I look forward to further updates.

Honestly though, I think you should have gone with the M68 Gauss Canon; something that is already recognizable as Halo-verse tech.

Jedi Spartan said:
Some good progress so far. Points for originality, and I look forward to further updates.

Honestly though, I think you should have gone with the M68 Gauss Canon; something that is already recognizable as Halo-verse tech.
H

Well technically speaking I am making my own rifle based on what SGT. Johnson used in "Contact Harvest". It is basically my version of the rifle and a spartan lazer, I was thinking about using the same colors like on the spartan lazer because green and black are my favorite colors. I will draw up alot of sketches during the break, I will color them with my different ideas and if I am able to I will post them to ask you guys what you think about it, it would give me the extra time to figure out where should I put the foam armor pieces and how I should put it on. The M68 Gauss Cannon was going to be my first option, but the only one that I actually seen was the ones mounted on the warthog(Halo 2-ODST), and the mounted ones on ODST. You now gave me the idea for making one, thank you, anyways the only pics of it are when they are mounted on something, if I make it, it will look similar but with an upgrade so it can be carried by an infantry man. Thos are the plans and I will update somemore soon.

Ahh, ok. I can't seem to see the pics you posted in your first post. Do you have any concept sketches posted anywhere? I'd love to see them!

After reading the little bit available online about Johnson's M99, I see what you have in mind. And based on your posted progress so far, I'm rather excited to see this come to fruition.

Do you plan on adding accent lighting, like EL wire or LEDs?

I..have..no..idea. But right now their is a space between both the sections so I might be able to stick alittle lighting in there. It is still an option so If you can figure out a way to do it with this gun because I have no idea where to start with it. got an idea, post it!!

ONESHOTKILL808 said:
I..have..no..idea. But right now their is a space between both the sections so I might be able to stick alittle lighting in there. It is still an option so If you can figure out a way to do it with this gun because I have no idea where to start with it. got an idea, post it!!

Well, without a good image/sketch to work from, all I can suggest right now, would be a few single LEDs around the grip and trigger area, and then either coiled EL wire at the barrel or EL wire outlining sections of the barrel.

FINALLY!! My computer has been brokemn for the past few weeks and the school computers blow. Alright I did get some things done during my break but not as much as I thought I would do, I had alot of fun. So anyways a quick update because I dont know where the camera went, I havent seen it in ages, so anyways I bondoed up what ever needed to be but I might try to realign the but end so it is aligned. As for the LED lights I am not sure if I will use it, I got accepted into a college university and I am trying to samve mula so yea, will if can, if no can then no can. I also sanded down the trigger grip and the buttstock so it is somewhat rounded, sanded the handle so it too and be held, I think I may have nailed it a bit off but I cant really do anything about it anyways. I think I should have used a different type of wood because some of the pieces broke off while hammering it(lolz), but its alright, the area that broke will be covered up anyways. so thats just about it and I will try and find the camera and take some pictures, oh and for anyone who cares I installed a two-way radio in my noble six helmet, HELL YEA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back