I am Ironman!! Final pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys. I know i did the poll and asked what you guys thought i should make next and Assault rifle won... but.... I just couldnt help myself. The Assault rifle has hit a few snags and im getting kind of burnt out on it so im taking a break to work on my ironman helmet.... I started with a 3 reference pictures and a bunch of cardstock and this is what ive been able to come up with. I was going to use the pepakura one as a base but i figured it would look nicer if i just started from scratch.

Starting out..

DVC00051.jpg

DVC00052.jpg

A little further along...

DVC00056.jpg

DVC00057.jpg

Stupid image limit....

Halfway...

DVC00066.jpg

DVC00064.jpg

DVC00062.jpg

Messing around in paint.net

Ironmanpainted.jpg

Finished with the paper base...

DVC00078.jpg

DVC00071.jpg

DVC00072.jpg

Right now its sitting in the garage while the resin dries. Its taken me about a week to get to this point. I plan on adding plastic where its needed, building up the top of it to be a lot more round, adding a crapload of bondo and putty, and then finally painting and adding lenses with white mesh and blue EL wire underneath them. Let me know what you guys think!

Looks very cool, much nicer than using that pep file as a base...
I've been thinkin about doing one of these too, just got no time...

Awesome job so far.

Ruze789 said:
Looks very cool, much nicer than using that pep file as a base...
I've been thinkin about doing one of these too, just got no time...

Awesome job so far.

Thanks man! It wasnt really all that hard. The ironman helmet doesnt really have very many complex parts. Its a pretty straight forward design.

Last edited by a moderator:
jimmyfu said:
too bad you didn't make a pep file =\

I totally would if i knew how. I just havent messed around with pepakura designer enough. Maybe someday ill be able to make pep files... (Maybe if someone had a tutorial on that...)

Haha, nice. Pep without a pep file, looking good. Do you plan on resining it like the typical paper project?

Dark Rogue said:
Haha, nice. Pep without a pep file, looking good. Do you plan on resining it like the typical paper project?

Yes sir, yes sir I do.

DVC00089.jpg

DVC00088.jpg

Just took these pictures. I resined the outside and today when i get home im going to resin the inside with the mesh cloth for strength. Then i can get started on the bondo/puttying. Oh boy the fun stuff!

Looks great so far. Im currently working on the one from the pep file. Im just waiting on the weather so I can resin it up.
Keep up the good work.

idonutn0 said:
Looks great so far. Im currently working on the one from the pep file. Im just waiting on the weather so I can resin it up.
Keep up the good work.

Yeah i know how that is. The weather here is snowing one day and sunny the next. Currently its snowing like mad. Im just waiting for it to let up enough to fiberglass some more.

hey man thats realy good i made the pep one its ok but yours looks more like the movie keep up the good work ill show mine when i have it all sprayed and painted well later

level221 said:
hey man thats realy good i made the pep one its ok but yours looks more like the movie keep up the good work ill show mine when i have it all sprayed and painted well later

Sweet. I look forward to seeing it. I havent seen a completed ironman pep helmet yet.

level221 said:
so heres some of my wip ironman suit tryed to post new but it wont let me so here it is
:oops: oh 2 more i forgot

Dude that is looking really good. Are you going to bondo it and stuff or are you just going to paint it? Either way its looking awesome. You will be the life of the party at the midnight release. :lol:

Thats Insane work, Heres an idea for everyone, make a IRONMAN helm in MC green to match the spartan armor, shoot i dare that to be produced hahaha! Ironman is AWESOME cant wait to see the movie!!!

Alrighty. Heres a bit of an update here. I've put some primer on it and started on the bondo. This is probably somewhere near the halfway point. More pics soon!! (and a video) (By the way. Thats my 9 year old little brother wearing it, not me)

DVC00104.jpg

DVC00105.jpg

DVC00106.jpg

DVC00107.jpg

wow your parents let you bondo in the kitchen? jesus, my dad wont let me drink on the counter without a coaster!!

Excellent work for being from scratch, ironman rules!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back