Not open for further replies.
level221 said:
o_O i cant post a new thread here the site said

The error returned was:
Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum

so i post it here

u can post in the Noob Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
very cool makes me excited I've been planning a iron man costume for awhile but Im sticking to MC till its done.

level221 said:
o_O i cant post a new thread here the site said

The error returned was:
Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum

so i post it here
What really gets me is when noobs want to leave the Noobland, but when they dont know theyre stuck in noobland, thats just sad. :lol:

level221 said:
SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING ANY NEW PICS BUT BEEN REALLY BUSSY WITH WORK AND THE WEATHER SO THE LAST 4 DAYS IV BEEN WORKING VERY HARD ON REDOING ALL THE PARTS SO HERE U GO HOPE U LIKE I THINK ITS BAD ASS

IM 5'6 SO WHEN DONE HOPE TO BEE 5'10 OR 11 AND THE UNDER SUIT WILL BEE THE ALL BLACK when done u wont be able to see my eyes

I lold at how random this was.

Helmet looks awesome Darthcalibar, keep it up.

Tater Mane said:
I lold at how random this was.

Helmet looks awesome Keegan, keep it up.

Haha, Keegan didn't make this. This is darthcalibar's work. :p

SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING ANY NEW PICS BUT BEEN REALLY BUSSY WITH WORK AND THE WEATHER SO THE LAST 4 DAYS IV BEEN WORKING VERY HARD ON REDOING ALL THE PARTS SO HERE U GO HOPE U LIKE I THINK ITS BAD ASS

IM 5'6 SO WHEN DONE HOPE TO BEE 5'10 OR 11 AND THE UNDER SUIT WILL BEE THE ALL BLACK when done u wont be able to see my eyes

Dude, you really don't need to yell.

NZ-TK said:
Despite your years, you are doing an incredible job on this, I think you have a very bright future. I really think you should stick at this type of thing, you seem to have the two most important things down, logic and creativity

I agree with NZ on this one. Keep this up, build up a portfolio and you'll be making movie props like the pro's.

Are you going to make molds of this or is it a one-shot deal?

Friendly said:
Haha, Keegan didn't make this. This is darthcalibar's work. :p
People really seem to get me mixed up with awesome people sometimes! :p
I just couldnt take credit for this, but Ill take the helmet if thats ok with you!

Holy crap man that's a nice Iorn Man helmet

I can't do anything right now because it's cold in Colorado, so my resin won't dry and i get choked to death by fumes in my garage :cry:

Simons said:
Holy crap man that's a nice Iorn Man helmet

I can't do anything right now because it's cold in Colorado, so my resin won't dry and i get choked to death by fumes in my garage :cry:

holy crap i live in colorado to i have the same problem thats why i went to molding (mutch faster)

Spartan 110 said:
how did you get the grooves like that? did you uses a dremel after you bondo'd it?

Earlier in the thread (pg. 3, I think) he said he did use a dremel to make the grooves.

Darthcalibar said:
Ok. This is pretty cool looking. Just a test using EL wire for the eyes. (You can NOT see through it. I just put paper in the eye slots so it would look right. Im probably going to use a white mesh material for the eyes.

DVC00130.jpg

DVC00128.jpg

Dude, That is so nice looking... ^.^... I love that... What are those lights?

Macattack64 said:
Dude, That is so nice looking... ^.^... I love that... What are those lights?

To answer a few questions,

The lighting is blue EL wire that I bought a while back for my Energy sword but i still havent got around to finishing it. Check out Vibelights.com

I cut the grooves in the helmet using my dremel cutting wheel.

Right now im at the airport waiting for my flight home. It leaves at 3:30 today and right now its 11:11. Ive got a lot of time to kill. :-( As for the helmet it obviously hasn't been worked on while I've been on vacation, but as soon as I get home Im going to get to work on it! :) I almost forget what it looks like. As for molding it, It's a possibility. If enough people are interested I would take it into serious consideration. I've never molded anything like this before and would love to get some more experience in that area.

Thanks everyone for all the positive comments!!

DOUBLE POST!!

(Sorry bout that)

Anyways yeah I just thought I should let you guys now that I'm finally home and you can expect more progress in the next few days. Thanks again everyone for the kind words (NZ, Keegan, Friendly, Mowhawkman, Aobfrost, Robo 117, Macattack, etc.) Vacation was great and It's good to be home!!

Skullcandy Girl said:
Yeah, INCREDiBLE work :D CAn't wait to see it all painted!

Thanks. :D

As for an update... I have the holes for the ears cut out and im still working on detailing and smoothing the ears out. Nothing photo-worthy right now. As I get closer to finishing I'm starting to think more about what I want to do with the finished product. I really would like to mold it, but I don't know if enough people are interested that I could make up for the cost of the molding supplies. So here's my question.

If I were to mold this helmet when It's finished, who would be interested In purchasing one? (I will probably start an interest thread in the classifieds when its all done, but for right now I'm just wondering)

Looks pretty sweet!!! Looking at your helmet makes me excited for the movie to come out!! I can't wait to see the finished product.

-Pink

Darthcalibar said:
If I were to mold this helmet when It's finished, who would be interested In purchasing one? (I will probably start an interest thread in the classifieds when its all done, but for right now I'm just wondering)

Depending on price i am in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back