I Feel Like Writing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerjericho

Jr Member
I do live action filming... but I've often wondered what it would be like to see my ideas put into a video game or an animated short... I love working with people. Plus writing screenplays and scripts are great practice for the future.

Video games would be awesome. I used to code with DarkBASIC, but my computer is devoted only to video editing not gaming. I just would like to see good storylines... FPS anyone?

So if you need anything, ask.

Not charging. Just looking for a fun project.

dude no offense, but you make so many topics...
try to keep all of these ideas in one thread. this isn't a chat room, it costs money to host all this..

Enrisan said:
dude no offense, but you make so many topics...
try to keep all of these ideas in one thread. this isn't a chat room, it costs money to host all this..

I am the furthest thing from being offended.

However, if I keep all the ideas in one thread, it tends to change the original point of the thread... doesn't it?

When I started posting, I messed up by posting two of the same topics. When these were relocated, it turned into four.
People flamed me, and then I created an absolutely pointless thread.

My threads have included:

Halo Film Project Volunteers/Video Stuff Volunteer-which were merged and such
Film Progress
A pointless thread that was rude to the administrators and immature
A thread concerning different materials
Questions about torrents
Voiceover requests
A thread concerning the purchases of used materials
A thread concerning the idea of a store
A thread concerning a chest protector type
A thread concerning concept art
A thread concerning blue jeans in 2552
A thread requesting help on a new software
A thread requesting a guy with a camera in urban areas to assist
A thread concerning writing

As you can see here, in the short time I have been here, I believe I have contributed positively to the for the most part. I had a rough start, and thanks to the mods, I was able to build myself back up. I can see where you would have the idea of having some of these threads merged, but most of these topics couldn't possibly be merged.

Adam provides this bandwith for good topics to be made. I think I have put his money to good use by posting good topics in the very short time I have been here. It show I am able to process thoughts... bring fresh ideas. If he wants me to stop, then that is fine. It's his money. I hope his mission was to provide open discussion. The 405th is about creativity, I have learned.

Also. If you have donated to the site. That's fine. But so have other people.

Also. No one said this was a chat room...

Now let's get back on topic.

I want to write. Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
i think what he means is that u make alot of threads that get read, posted too, and then forgot...and then u make another one

mooseguy04 said:
i think what he means is that u make alot of threads that get read, posted too, and then forgot...and then u make another one

That may be true... but of course I will make another one if I get another idea. It's natural.

But I don't think this is time to be talking about this. I believe we should be speaking about writing before the Mods consider this a flamewar. Or if it heats up.

Writing.

Well since it's a "service", you should put it in your signature.

But I doubt anyone have the experience to build a complete video game here. The average age is like 15. So other than FPS creator and RPGmaker, I doubt something could be made :lol:

You could write a book tho. Or a comic novel. There are plenty of artists here (Points Kensai :p)

want to team up to create a script or storyline?

im thinking a infiltration squad with the highest in stealth armor trying to infiltrate a military base and trying to overthrow a corrupt military operation to mutate humans into super soldiers, want me to give you a first scene idea?

LastSpartan said:
Well since it's a "service", you should put it in your signature.

But I doubt anyone have the experience to build a complete video game here. The average age is like 15. So other than FPS creator and RPGmaker, I doubt something could be made :lol:

You could write a book tho. Or a comic novel. There are plenty of artists here (Points Kensai :p)

Eh. Didn't think of myself as so much as a service, but as just someone looking for fun. But yeah. Sounds reasonable. Signature sounds good...

And yes.

Kensai=:cool:

If you're interested in writing we're always accepting submissions for the E-zine, including fiction. As long as it's Halo-related it will be considered. PM me for the submissions guidelines if you're interested.

-UNSC_Leatherneck
405th Source Writing Editor

Well I do have plans for an upcoming Machinima, If you're willing to write for that just PM me and ill give you some details. :)

You can also use your blog for your ideas. If folks are interested, they can leave a comment or PM you about the idea. If I posted a topic for every idea I've had since I joined, they would have banned me by now! Try using your blog and see how that goes.

Tlither has a good point. Your blog allows you to explore ideas and concepts and to discuss your plans without the "indecision" threads. I have done that in the past with my blog (which I have been neglecting for a while.) As for the writing, there is one suggestion I can offer. Write, and write often. It doesn't have to be for a specific project, either. When you get story ideas and the like, write them down. Explore them to their logical end. You will have a lot of dead ideas that go nowhere. That's okay. I have dozens of drafts from my Helljumper story alone that never went anywhere. You learn from each one. Ideas get explored, some get used again. You get better at it in the process. It also helps to have someone who can read your work and provide an objective viewpoint. That keeps you honest. Remember, have fun. :D

Or, if you are interested in writing for a game, why don't you try checking out some of these?

Look for Text Adventures or things like that. It's some of the easiest and simplest game software, but if you have a good enough story you could make a really fun game:) I made a really sharty zombie game on an old program I had, but i deleted it:(:(

Good luck!

I listen to music when I'm bored and think of what kind of scene could fit perfectly with the music. IMO, the key to a good scene is Acting, Plot, and Correspondence to the Music. Anyway I always have crazy Ideas floating around in my head and I eventually made up a bunch of stories in mah head. I always thought about putting them on paper but I'm lazy and I doubted anyone would ever like my work. Sometimes I'm so bored I work on Semi-Scripts/Screenplays (Or read The Watchmen, which is godly BTW) for movies/games I think sound good in my head. I often thought of 'Halo'ing up some stories so I can post them in the E-Zine but I never got around to it. And If I was any type of artist I would DEFINITELY make a Graphic Novel, yet all I can draw is a stick figure.

Good Luck to you, The best job in the world is one you enjoy to do, So maybe you should go to Film School and get cracking :p.

I've also seen a lot of your threads around, but I think that they are doin gwhat this site was made to do. Spread ideas.
I was wondering if you would be interested in co-writing Marauder with me. Its a Halo movie based 20 years after Halo 3 and focues on Human rebels. If you have the free time for it, then we could get togethe ronline and brainstorm for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back