i need som tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNwnd

so im goin to make some armor and i stil need to figure out how to make it. what i want to do is download some pepakura files and harden it with fiberglass or somthin. but i sadly do not have windows so that ideas out. and what my bro wants me to do is to take a little halo maga bloks dude and draw him to scale and build it like that but i have nothing to build it with and the mega bloks figure is not that accurate. so i would love it if i could get some tips. thanks. k bye

1st. Fix your grammar.
2nd. Its best to do it all outside.
3rd. I have no idea what youre talking about with this mega blocks stuff.

WOAH lol just look around and look at how other people go about innovative ways to make armor. if you cant use pep, maybe use foam methods. use the site's search feature.

I'm just wondering if there is any reason not to use proper capitalization and punctation when writing?

Please don't try to burn the newbie like this. This site suppose to help them build the armor and every time I look at the post here is getting worst. Don't they know not every one here can write proper english? I know I can't but I try.

Please don't try to burn the newbie like this. This site suppose to help them build the armor and every time I look at the post here is getting worst. Don't they know not every one here can write proper english? I know I can't but I try.

Hey, I failed my English writing in college. I was forced to take another semester of English 101. I can tell you I learned a lot over the years, not by choice. Everyone should learn to write properly regardless where they are.

CoolC, no need to preach about yourself man. JNwnd is just a kid, who might not be from a country that speaks English. You never know people's background. If you have any advice to give him on his build, or anything positive to say, do it. If not just move on.

JNwnd, are you able to get any cardstock and possibly start getting things pepped?

2nd. Its best to do it all outside.

He didn't say anything about indoors or outdoors. He said he doesn't have Windows PC.

There are many ways to make armor. If you can't use the pep method, then you can scratch build. Look up a bunch of pictures online and get the licensed action figures/statues for references. Using an inch tall Mega Bloks spartan is not a very good reference. It's hard to see the details, and it's not very accurate. Just look at some references, and cut cardboard/foam according to how you think it would go together.

He didn't say anything about indoors or outdoors. He said he doesn't have Windows PC.

There are many ways to make armor. If you can't use the pep method, then you can scratch build. Look up a bunch of pictures online and get the licensed action figures/statues for references. Using an inch tall Mega Bloks spartan is not a very good reference. It's hard to see the details, and it's not very accurate. Just look at some references, and cut cardboard/foam according to how you think it would go together.

Oh, he said he didnt have windows. So i figured he was going to try and resin inside.

Hi and welcome to the 405th. Your first step should be to find some one with a pc that runs windows. Then you can start your project. Good places to look are the local library, maybe your school ( if your still in school) or an internet cafe.

Hi and welcome to the 405th. Your first step should be to find some one with a pc that runs windows. Then you can start your project. Good places to look are the local library, maybe your school ( if your still in school) or an internet cafe.

That's the help that he is looking for not the "F" word that I see.

The best suggestion for a non toxic build that you can do inside is the Foam method since it involves cutting and hot gluing foam together the only chemicals you would work with are mod podge/plasti dip to seal the foam and paint (would be best to do the painting part outside). But it is quite a challenge to do the helmet from foam though the mark VI helmet has been done in foam before with very good results. But if that helmet is too much a challenge for you to do in foam then find a different helmet that is simpler. You can look at other foam builds to get some ideas. The Link to mine is in my sig and there are other completed epic ones like Nicknack's and calladars.

Oh, he said he didnt have windows. So i figured he was going to try and resin inside.

That's actually kinda funny, sincerely no offense. It's understandable mistake...

ANYwho, if you can't pep, then foam is your best option. If you were willing to draw reference pics with a mega blocks figurine then you'd be better off finding some pics online of your preferred character and drawing reference pics from them. Normally you'd use pep files to reference a foam build (from what I've read), but all you really need is an accurate picture and know how to scale. I used to do the same thing when I built halo star-ships. So, hope this helps and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back