I Quit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

I'm no longer releasing my pep models. All links to my files will be disabled. You can thank the people who edit my files and don't credit me or claim my work as their own.

dungbeetle said:
I'm no longer releasing my pep models. All links to my files will be disabled. You can thank the people who edit my files and don't credit me or claim my work as their own.

Wow, that sucks man :/

reecently we had a couple of people like this.

Sorry to hear about this man.

W should make the 3d modelling private so noobs cant claim the models

Last edited by a moderator:
wow dude that freaking sucks your stuff is amazing. I think the people who do that need to be beatin with a rubber hose.

No way! That's a real shame. This should never happen. Whoever did this, go cry about not being able to do your own work. Is there any way us vet members can still access your models?

dungbeetle said:

WOWSERS!!! I'm new here and what happened to you is my biggest fear.

Man I suck at using Pepakura and even Im distraught :(

I know how it feels though when someone uses your work and then doesn't even credit you for it.

Hope you can still help out others though, your models are great.

- Grif

Ah, that really sucks. You do great work and it'll be greatly missed by the people that do appreciate you. I've seen this happen quite a bit and most of the time the solution is password protecting them, and only giving them out to people you know or trust.

dungbeetle said:

I would rather thank you for your generosity with your pep files. Thanks for sharing while you did. I and I'm sure many others appreciate your work.

Damn the idiots responsible for this

thanks a shame a few could ruin it for all of use... sorry to hear it man. Maybe in the future you could come back. but for now seems like you need some time off from ungrateful punks. if i could model i'd take your spot but i wouldnt know where to start... plus my work would not be as good... such a shame. Hope you people out there are happy. Not only are you ruining it for yourself you could be bringing this awesome community and make it hostile or worse end it. lets hope it never gets that bad...

I don't understand why people do that! Its just wrong. I am sorry to hear that you are not sharing your files but what else can you do right?

beating with a rubber hose is too merciful.

Bring out the solid steel Grav Hammers and aim for each toe.

Sad to see you go, your work was pretty amazing and always appreciated by the "non jerks" that don't claim your work as their own. I hope whoever pushed you to this level gets their Karmatic reward.

Best of luck to you in the future and don't let this stop your work man.

that sucks real bad. i hope one day you change your mind. you have some of the best stuff out there. i have personally used your ironman helmet model and it was so much easier to cut and build than others i've tried.

That really sucks man, not much else I can think of saying about it.

Pepakura needs a way of locking the export to OBJ but still be able to resize, and that would fix most of everything.

I'm am truly grateful that you had your models up for the public. They are spectacular and I am honored I was able to build your helmet. Thank you.

Iron.jpg

Crap, that sucks. I'm a major pep noob - just starting my very first trial fold (a Mk VI Mjolnir helm) tonight in fact, though I've grabbed a ton of files from the Hub and here on the forums which I want to work on eventually, sorted by costume type and credited with originator and unfolder in the filenames! - but I completely understand why you're pissed. It's the same thing as recasting, IMO, and those who piss off the model makers and unfolders harm pep builders and noobs the same as recasters hurt the moldmakers and those who work with and buy from them. Thanks for what you've provided to properly-appreciative builders, Dung - I know some people on the forums have made some fantastic pieces thanks in large part to your files.

Sorry to hear about this. Cant stand people that take someones work and just chang it a little bit and say that its theirs. :angry :angry

Well, model editing and reposting has become a major problem on these forums and elsewhere. It sucks to see the recall of your creations, Dungbeetle. I guess you have to do what you have to do to protect your work. Just wondering, how do you all find these reposting thieves out? Because I am starting to be concerned about the security of my models (though my creations are nowhere near as good as yours, I probably should not be as concerned), and I have only seen a few threads in which people claimed they made models which they really didn't. I'm just asking to be on a better look out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back