If You Were To Mod Halo 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACDCrockr209

Halo 3 and the other two halos were pretty sweet, but what if you made them sweeter!

Where would it take place?

What year(s)

What would you add?

What would you take out?

What would you modify?

Share your thoughts.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

I would kinda increase the running speed. Its a bit to slow for my opinion.
But thats just a minor thing.

Injecting anything into Halo 3 is impossible, even for dev kit owners. Therefore, you can only use content already in the game. Even so, the only accessable tags at this point are biped, projectile, effects, vehicles, weapons, and skin tags. The thousands of other tag categories are too well secured to be modified within anyone's lifetime.

However, modding usermaps is possible, and very easy. Although getting the equipment either takes 3 weeks and is free, or can take a day to get and is $50 (and more efficient).

Modding anything besides small usermap enhancements currently takes a developer kit to accomplish, and they cost anywhere from $800 to $1500. Not only that, but the only programs that will allow more modding are kept very securely by less than a dozen people who know what it could do if it was abused.

You are using the term "mod" far beyond its meaning. Modding is a modification to the game's already made contents. Weapons, bipeds, and map textures, for example. To accomplish anything besides modifying content would be very difficult, and the game would not be Halo 3. It would be very similar, and have the same engine, but would not be a mod, nor would it be legal.

Obviously, I realize that this is a topic for imagination, but "modding" is already possible for the game, while rewriting the game's content isn't, and probably never will be.

rundown: Modding speed is possible at this point. I can probably make you one if you want. Just don't set anything too high above 350%, or your game will crash like a drunk driver with ADD.

EDIT: This post was mainly to eliminate confusion, and to shoot down people thinking "omg i r gun maek kneew geam naow wit mai xsata lololololol". Unless you can crack a 2048 bit security code, then, no, you cannot. Technically, you won't complete that in your lifetime, even with code cracking programs.

Ummm....ImaGonnaGetYou, I already know that people can't actually "mod" the game, I just want to know what people would do to it so it can be cool to play in.

I know people are out there playing this game and thinking, "I want to make a huge battlefirld filled with marines, elite allies,ect. killing each other and me right in the action." this is what this thread was made for.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

ACDCrockr209 said:
Ummm....ImaGonnaGetYou, I already know that people can't actually "mod" the game, I just want to know what people would do to it so it can be cool to play in.

I know people are out there playing this game and thinking, "I want to make a huge battlefirld filled with marines, elite allies,ect. killing each other and me right in the action." this is what this thread was made for.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Which is why I made the edit right after I posted that. Read it if you haven't already.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would make a driveable rideinable troop hog in the current game, connect all the maps into one gynormous map with no budget or item limit, flyable pelicans and huge wars

It would take place in 2320, have a warthog with shielding, and Picachu! j/k bout the pokemon. Not really sure what I would add or how I would improve it. Nice idea though.

Unnecessary posts removed. Stay on topic.

To remove any confusion, this is a "what-if" thread. Keep it that way.

I would have a game set during the spartan II's training. A nice lengthy, detailed cut scene of their abduction. Then part playable, part cut scene parts of there first few years, have mendaz's obstacle course as a training type mission, and have the mission where they get dropped in the forest and have to find their way to the pelican as a playable part.
Have it end after the battle of Sigma Octanus IV.
and that leaves plenty of room for another game or two to fill in the gap from there till the fall of reach.
and i just realized that i pitched a completely new game not a mod... oh well :D

Have games be able to hold up to 64 players. :)
Larger maps. (Battle of Hoth type scenario with pilotable scarabs as the AT ATs)
Flyable pelicans.
Hornets get two m247 gp machine guns (halo 2) in passenger seats making the hornet an excellent support platform.
Be able to redeploy turrets, maybe another player can pick up the stand/tripod.
Longsword, Shortsword or even sparrowhawk air strikes.

BE ABLE TO PRONE!
modifiable weapons such as:
Ma5b with 40mm grenade launcher + silencer.
BR55 with 40mm grenade launcher + silencer.
M6G with silencer

I just want the option to tell my soldiers to stay behind me while I clear a room. Instead of everyone running ahead and getting killed..

CPU64 said:
I just want the option to tell my soldiers to stay behind me while I clear a room. Instead of everyone running ahead and getting killed..

Kill em before you go in the room :p
jk

Hmmm, lets see..
I think when you take major hits to the head or upper body, your armour should fall off, making you much more vulnerable and things like that, and the helmet should be able to be shot off, giving you only seconds to find it and put it back on before you die. And if your dominant arm is shot or injured, your aiming capabilities should be lessened.

I would make a Huge 64-player endurace mode. you can choose between the covenant and the UNSC. If you choose the covenant you can be a a brute or any of the other covenant speices. If you were to choose the UNSC you would be a marine or an O.D.S.T and you would be have to choose if your a male/female. There will be 50 Waves to fight in. There are 2 ways to win.

*Kill of the enemies during each wave.

*Destroy their kill box. it will be EXTREMELY well defended.

Which ever side you choose you would have to work together in order to defeat massive wave after massive wave of enemy troops and vehicles. The enemy units will be super agressive so you will have to fight them with every single bullet,grenade,and limb you have.

Both sides will be equipped with vehicles and weapons. In the UNSC, after each player is eliminated, they will go to a huge dead box. There are five peilicans in there. The first five to pilot the pelicans will get to fly them anywhere on the map. But they must make there landings quickly since there are also enemy aircraft flying around .There will also be 8 hornets there too. They will helping out in the main assault and as airsupport. All of the ground vehicles and infantry will spawn from a large hanger. Once the vehicles start moving out they must split up to give infantry heavy armor support.

If your in the covenant you will also be in a dead box but they can get out once they are spawned since they have been known to greaty outnumber the humans. They will have a seperate hanger for all of thier vehicles (including air units).

No game game can go without medpacks. Around the map there will be special medpack crates. But the enemy can also use them if they get too close to the container.

After a certain wave has been defeated, the humans will be getting Sangheili (Elite) reinforcements. There will be several types of elites that will help you, including dual weilding energy sword elites and an arbiter, they will also have their own vehicles.

Most of the battles will take place in large urban areas(like that Halo diorama thing).

Tell me what you all think.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

delta38 said:
Hmmm, lets see..
I think when you take major hits to the head or upper body, your armour should fall off, making you much more vulnerable and things like that, and the helmet should be able to be shot off, giving you only seconds to find it and put it back on before you die. And if your dominant arm is shot or injured, your aiming capabilities should be lessened.
so essentially you want V.A.T.S. in Halo?

mooseguy04 said:
so essentially you want V.A.T.S. in Halo?
V.A.T.S is a Targeting system.

What he said doesn't relate to V.A.T.S in the slightest.

And on your "Shoot the armor and it falls off" theory.
They were planning to do something like this in Halo 3 in the first place.
Basically if a bullet hit you in the arm, the exact spot would leave a dent in the armor.
However Bungie scrapped the idea after Lagging the game and slowing it down by vast amounts.

The Stig said:

Basically if a bullet hit you in the arm, the exact spot would leave a dent in the armor.
However Bungie scrapped the idea after Lagging the game and slowing it down by vast amounts.

It can be done, as is seen in German versions of Half-Life 2. However, the game is already having lag problems online, and having a system like that would definately kill the game.

And V.A.T.S is a targeting system. I though he was talking about something I didn't know about >.>

The Stig said:

no duh, i meant the last part, where you could injure select parts of the body...sorry for the confusion :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back