I'll Be Monitering You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgwelschmeyer

Hello 405th.com I am Hardreg, a New member to the 405th community. I just wanted to introduce my self before I get on to some of my magnificently average work. This will be my first WIP on the forum boards and I hope you all like the work I do. Back to me, I'm just a guy in Mid-Missouri looking to do some fun things as a hobbie and well the 405th has been in my watchful eye for lets say about a year. I've loved all the awesome work I have seen done here and hopefully wanted to provide some work myself. I just recently got my new computer built and overcame my fear of posting on a forum due to my shyness. I am also going to school currently for computer programming which takes up a lot of my time. So I must say now that I am sorry for any slow updates on behalf of me. If anything Updates will come in burst more than anything.

Time to get to business. My current WIP is 343 guilty spark which I have been working on for about a week and am just now starting to resin the outside while peping up the two floating pieces. I am trying to stagger the stages at which piece is on so later on I can be working on some part of it at all times. On the outside I plan to fiberglass the monitor and least one full layer than maybe drill a hole and do a rondo pour on the inside just in case I do sand to far. No I am not sure how I am going to do the whole floating thing except with maybe a few pieces of thin fishing line... which I don't like because you can still see it. I plan on making him light up the classic blue colors. For the Marathon eye i will probably use some form of vacuum forming and also for the slots on the side of the inner globe.Just to show you all that this is all happening because I know one the biggest things is pics or it didn't happen i have a few pics to show off at this time and also I know its not fun to read all this random stuff :p

Just me being a grunt :p

DSCI9923.jpg

Pep'ed outside shell

DSCI9926.jpg

DSCI9925.jpg

Resin Yay!

DSCI9936.jpg

DSCI9934.jpg

Well that is all i have so far but look for a future update very soon I am currently fiber glassing the outside. :D

Your monitor is looking pretty good so far!

No warping that I can see, solid work!

ya man, its lookin great! i really know how much of a pain in the but the monitors can be when pepping (i built one too). you are just lucky because its warm enough where you are that you can get past the resin stage... i hate you sphereical shape of the earth and reletive positioning of Ottawa
dry.gif

Your monitor is looking pretty good so far!

No warping that I can see, solid work!

Yea i was surprised that I gotta way with almost no warping. I did get a little towards the back, but got it fixed will I was resining.Plus i wasn't really scared of warpage due to the fact I am going to be fiber glassing the outside which will hide almost any warpage.

ya man, its lookin great! i really know how much of a pain in the but the monitors can be when pepping (i built one too). you are just lucky because its warm enough where you are that you can get past the resin stage... i hate you sphereical shape of the earth and reletive positioning of Ottawa

Yea that sucks man. I have seen your monitor and was wondering if you had actually got any farther into building it. Also I was wondering are you having any troubles finding refernce pictures or are you just looking at the game? I also kinda got lucky for about the past few days I have only had a small time opening so that I could resin and fiberglass so I have been trying to get it done pretty fast without sacrificing any quality.

cant wait for bondo!!! plus the inside of the monitor !!!

Yea you think you can't wait how do you think I feel.

that looks uber awesome : D

I've always wanted alittle 343 Guily Spark in my room haha

I'm eager to see some new pictures : )

The best of luck! :D

If you are looking for some reference pics, this might help. :)

You can also google "343 guilty spark" and you might be able to find some additional images. :p

[attachment=15460:343GS_800.jpg]

I think that's the first time I have seen the "myspace pose" with a respirator. Grats!

Well I am happy that I am able to provide something to the 405th that has not been done. Wasn't even thinking of it being a myspace pose till you said something. I was just thinking why cant my girlfriend be home to take this darn photo. lol

If you are looking for some reference pics, this might help. :)

You can also google "343 guilty spark" and you might be able to find some additional images. :p

Thanks HaloGoddess I've been scouring google for hours trying to get maybe some good photos of 343 but nothing except the same photos come up over and over again. I have that one and two others that you see none stop. I guess I am going to go in game and maybe take a few photos my self of some different angles. I know he isn't a very detailed piece I just don't want to miss anything in shape or detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back