Im BACK BABY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't either of you make any? This isn't a store, this is a place to discuss techniques of how to build armor like adam, sigma, , sean, and all the others. We aren't here to market anything. Many people only sell some stuff to get more money to complete their armor or because it's an extra piece. It will take a lot of time to make armor, but it's well worth it. Once you finish, you'll be able to step back and appreciate the work you've put into it. If you don't have much skill, just use pepakura. It doesn't take much skill at all. Look at how good that can look.

Sorry about the ranting....

I just don't see why everyone can't make stuff...

Andrew L said:
i don't want to step back and think i spent $400 on this piece of crap. I want to buy a definite good thing. i don't care about prd.
Pepakura, it's not an investment of money, just time. But for a full suit of spartan armor in pepakura, you could probably put it together in your free time over the course of a month. As long as you can cut and tape/glue properly, it'll come out great. And then you just need a few small things (resin it, add a visor, paint it, etc.) and you'll be 405th material (I believe). Just give it a try. You might be happier making something than buying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen!

Really guys thats what this site is for... and what we're all working towards. Even if you don't have artistic experience, there are options here for you.

Personally thats the #1 reason I'm here... to pass along what I learned making my own armor to people who are new to this hobby.

Andrew L said:
one word for you= Mac

i think its safe to say i\any pep guy would (if they could) buy adams armor over their pep.
I'm pretty sure there's a fix for that. I could even print the stuff up and send it to you if you want. My dad works as an engineer in an office building in downtown chicago and gets free stuff so I have a box full of thick cardstock. It's a pepakuraers heaven. I just want more people to be able to build there stuff. Hopefully, it'll spread like fire and we can make this halo costuming thing really big.

I'm not going to lie that would be awesome/worth while! thanks man.

Mac/ printer issues have been my biggest pep problem. someone already listed the helmet as Jpeg and i have a pasted together helm so don't worry about that part. what a life saver.

No problem, whatever it takes to get everyone on this board to be creative, positive, and mreo like a team. If we want to become the 405th, we need to be able to show Bungie that we can work together and that they would be proud to represent us.

Just PM me what pieces you have in mind and we can go from there.

papamurf812 said:
No problem, whatever it takes to get everyone on this board to be creative, positive, and mreo like a team. If we want to become the 405th, we need to be able to show Bungie that we can work together and that they would be proud to represent us.
Just PM me what pieces you have in mind and we can go from there.

I fully agree I belive that that post sums up the heart and soul of that this community is trying to become

Andrew L said:
...i'd love to build my own stuff but i don't have a statue to cast off. im afraid of trying hard and my armor sucking it big time! :confused:

You could go my route and use cardboard and duct tape... It's very cheap (my costume cost under $50) and it's effective. My armor looks like MJOLNIR, it's light, and on Friday it stood up to the ultimate test. Rain. If you do go cardboard, make sure to seal up everything with duct tape... it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back