Im Kinda Depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButterBacon3000

idk if I should be posting this on here... but I don't really have anywhere else to go cuz I don't have friends who talk about this sort of thing... I don't know how to explain why i'm depressed and a feel like no one would understand if I tried, so I guess i'm just putting this here for no reason at all... sounds like a lot of the stuff I do... :/

sorry I haven't been posting about progress on my cosplays or even making progress, but I guess this is the reason... I figured I should let you guys know why i'm not posting lately... i'm not leaving or anything and i'm not upset with any of you... you guys are the best! I just haven't really been feeling up to it... I hope I can post stuff soon once I feel better (if I ever do)

I’m 31 years old, marching into 32. I’m not sure how old you are but I can tell you this much, everyone goes through episodes of depression. Some last longer than others, some are more powerful than others and some Episodes just carry more weight than others...there isn’t anything anyone is going to say that will magically make you feel better, it’s just something that gets better with time, and having the ability to adapt a better mindset and attitude. I work for the fire department and there have been a substantial increase in the amount of psych calls we are getting because COVID has effected us all in different ways. When I feel like I am going through a bout of depression the first thing I do is step outside of myself and ask myself REAL questions. “Do I have a reason to be depressed? Am I depressed for no reason?” And I will almost always force myself to pick back up the things I love to do and distract me from the depression itself. I remember your noble 6 build, it started off great and you’ve made great headway...finish that suit man. Go for a run, watch a good movie that will make you laugh, read some inspiring quotes. Things will get better, it’s the law of time.

Last edited:
I’m 31 years old, marching into 32. I’m not sure how old you are but I can tell you this much, everyone goes through episodes of depression. Some last longer than others, some are more powerful than others and some Episodes just carry more weight than others...there isn’t anything anyone is going to say that will magically make you feel better, it’s just something that gets better with time, and the ability to adapt a better mindset and attitude. I work for the fire department and there has been a substantial increase in the amount of psych calls we are getting because COVID has effected us all in different ways. When I feel like I am going through a bout of depression the first thing I do is step outside of myself and ask myself REAL questions. “Do I have a reason to be depressed? Am I depressed for no reason?” And I will almost always force myself to pick back up the things I love to do and distract me from the depression itself. I remember you’re noble 6 build, it started off great and you’ve made great headway...finish that suit man. Go for a run, watch a good movie that will make you laugh, read some inspiring quotes. Things will get better, it’s the law of time.
Thank you! I will try to pick up making the suit again... might take my mind off of my depression... i have a show I like to watch too... maybe I could watch it while I work on my suit

Thank you! I will try to pick up making the suit again... might take my mind off of my depression... i have a show I like to watch too... maybe I could watch it while I work on my suit

sometimes the feeling of depression can rob us of happiness doing the things we know we love. You clearly have a great build going, get back to work on it, watch some good shows and movies and treat yourself to some good snacks. Finish that spartan!

im 18 BTW
Being 18 sucks and is amazing at the same time so some mental highs and lows are part of the package that nobody tells you about. All the new things, experiences and all the choices that come with them can be exciting and daunting at the same time. We may be a bunch of costume nerds on the forums but if you ever need an ear to vent to or someone to help talk you through some stuff don't feel like you can't reach out to the gang on here.

Being 18 sucks and is amazing at the same time so some mental highs and lows are part of the package that nobody tells you about. All the new things, experiences and all the choices that come with them can be exciting and daunting at the same time. We may be a bunch of costume nerds on the forums but if you ever need an ear to vent to or someone to help talk you through some stuff don't feel like you can't reach out to the gang on here.
Well said turbo, we are a family here, never feel ashamed or too prideful to reach out to us if you need to talk. With the state of everything now, we need to stick together more than ever.

well i have marched right in to the 50 mark(man im old lol) if you need to talk im here i work nights and i only sleep about 4hrs a day. but i have a head injury when i was young and it causes me to get into some dark places, so i can relate to you. i have found that working and watching a movie i like while i work on something help to snap me out of it. but again if you need an ear we are all here for each other never think this is a stupid problem it just makes it a darker place. turbo lizard and define luck well said brothers......

Reach out brother and we will face the demons together!!

Last edited:
Hey, ButterBacon3000, being one of the oldest in the group here (50+ got you beat marinesniper), I've gone through episodes that run parallel to what you are feeling......nobody goes through life w/ issues or problems. Its just a fact of life. It's life. Its the 'going on' and overcoming those challenges that define who we are. You are at a point in your life that you are still formulating who you are and what you will become. Don't be discouraged by that. Be heartened by that fact that you have people in your corner here that you can discuss these things with. If you ever need to talk.......don't hesitate.

hey
Hey, ButterBacon3000, being one of the oldest in the group here (50+ got you beat marinesniper), I've gone through episodes that run parallel to what you are feeling......nobody goes through life w/ issues or problems. Its just a fact of life. It's life. Its the 'going on' and overcoming those challenges that define who we are. You are at a point in your life that you are still formulating who you are and what you will become. Don't be discouraged by that. Be heartened by that fact that you have people in your corner here that you can discuss these things with. If you ever need to talk.......don't hesitate.
hey dirt dives we can make our wheel chairs look like ghost lol

Butter I know from experience that it sucks. I have had some pretty bad episodes lately because my medication is off schedule and my entire routine was thrown into chaos. The 405th has been instrumental in keeping my sanity if I just want to hang out with people and play video games or talk about our lord and savior, the cob!

But reality is, that it is apart of life. You are in a scary time in your life doubly so due to COVID changing the dynamics of society in ways we are yet able to understand. You will be able to survive, you just need to make it to the next day. I know mine is from numerous head injuries in my youth (WEAR YOUR HELMET WHEN BIKING) so I've gone into some dark places. It sucks but it will get better. I probably been depressed for most of my life. Last weekend was probably the worst I've experienced in awhile, I hung on, and the next day I was able to feel a tiny bit better which kept me going.

If you ever need someone to talk to, let me know.

BTW: If you are interested in epic fantasy, give the storm light archives: The way of kings a read. There is a character that I think you will be able to relate to very well. He is really awesome and struck way too close to home many of times.

Butter I know from experience that it sucks. I have had some pretty bad episodes lately because my medication is off schedule and my entire routine was thrown into chaos. The 405th has been instrumental in keeping my sanity if I just want to hang out with people and play video games or talk about our lord and savior, the cob!

But reality is, that it is apart of life. You are in a scary time in your life doubly so due to COVID changing the dynamics of society in ways we are yet able to understand. You will be able to survive, you just need to make it to the next day. I know mine is from numerous head injuries in my youth (WEAR YOUR HELMET WHEN BIKING) so I've gone into some dark places. It sucks but it will get better. I probably been depressed for most of my life. Last weekend was probably the worst I've experienced in awhile, I hung on, and the next day I was able to feel a tiny bit better which kept me going.

If you ever need someone to talk to, let me know.

BTW: If you are interested in epic fantasy, give the storm light archives: The way of kings a read. There is a character that I think you will be able to relate to very well. He is really awesome and struck way too close to home many of times.

I love fantasy stories! ill try and read that soon! thanks for the recommendation...

Unfortunately i've already not worn my helmet and got a head injury... sorry... it caused me to forget a whole weeks worth of memories (non permanently) but I still cant remember being in the hospital at all... hmmmmmm...

Life can be hard sometimes, but having people who want to be there for you helps. With that being said I am always happy to talk or support in any way I can. Don't be a stranger! Even if you just wanna blow off some steam I'm happy to lend an ear to you.

ButterBacon3000 I've also definitely gone through periods of depression. Through those times I would always repeat quotes from Halo and Destiny in my head that I thought we're inspiring such as "never surrender", "deliver hope", and "fight back the darkness". I would also listen to a lot of music that I felt like I could relate to during that time to try to help me think and make sense of what was going on in my life. These are what personally helped me, I don't know if they're going to help you, but what I do want you to know is that you're never alone.

Now the printer won't work... and i got sick again... on top of that I have really shaky hands and I dont think i could make my armor out of foam... ive already tried everything I could think of and things you guys suggested to fix the printer and its just not working... i releveled the bed a whole bunch of times, moving it both closer and further away from the nozel... i tried different heat settings, changed the print speed got a new bed cuz i thought the old one might have been warped, my brother tried changing some of the settings in blender (like layer hight and stuff) I even tried glue, but my prints still come out stringy, they don't stick to the bed, and they come out thicker than they are supposed to be... nothing is working and I feel like we've been trying to fix it for forever! I've had a lot of things go wrong lately, not just the printer, but before this, I was able to use my armor to sort of cope, to take my mind off of it, but now that I cant, and litterally none of my family or friends wanna talk to me about my depression, recently tried to talk to my mother about it and the second I said the word "depressed" she interrupted me to chang the subject and talk about the new pants she just bought instead... im just getting worse and worse... i was using tiktok as an emotional outlet too... but i deleted it recently cuz aperently it might be a huge security risk for all of America or something, so now im just depressed... and i can't do anything about it... i don't know how to fix the printer... and now I dont know how to fix me either... i feel broken...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back