I'm new and i have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jotac94

Hi !!
My name is John and i'm from Spain,i'm not new at 405th,but it's the first time that i post a new thread.

My question is:
I've made a pepakura helmet,the arms and boots,and they're at the stage of hardening them,I've glued them with "Supergen contact adhesive" or "contact glue" and i'm afraid that when adding the resin it could melt the glue,due to the chemical reaction and the temperature it reaches.

Do you know if i could add the resin without problems or do i have to protect the pepakura pieces with something before adding the resin,so it doesn't melt the glue?
Also,someone can tell me what type of glue can i use to glue pepakura models that are going to be hardened with resin,and what type of glue shouldn't be used if you're going tu add resin?

P.D: I don't know so much about resin the pieces 'cause it's the first armor that i'm building.All help is welcomed.

I honestly have no idea how well this works, but if I were you I would just try it and see if it works or not. That's the best way to find out, innit? :D

I doubt that you'll be able to melt the glue. At the temperatures needed to do that you'd have to be more worried about damage to the card than the glue - resin doesn't get that hot unless you're subjecting it to high-intensity heat to force it to cure more quickly.

What glue you use for PepaKura really does not matter. I have seen everything from white glue, to hot glue, to super glue used with no issues in Pepakura.

in my country fiberglass resin as well as titebond is not available but bodyfiller is, how do i harden my pep pieces

- - - Updated - - -

Please help and by the way i am from india

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back