Inconsistency with storyline in H4 BEFORE RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
i know most of you are more than likely sure that i am just going off on some babble i heard around that hasnt been confirmed yet. but, i can assure you that my point is well constituted. anyway, let us begin.
as most of you have heard, Halo 4 takes place in 4 years, 7 months, and 10 days after the events in halo 3. when taken all dates into account, that puts us in the year approximately 2557. when taking account of the least possible age of the SPARTAN IVs, we reach that fact that they have placed the training of said SPARTANs at the least in the midst of training alpha company of the SPARTAN III project. has anyone else noticed this? has their been an explanaition yet?

I thought S-III Alpha Co. was already active by the mid-2530's?

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Spartan-III_Program

Per the above link, Alpha company was stationed for training on Onyx as of 2531, and were active in or around 2537.

The first Spartan IV's went active at or around 2553 with assignment to the UNSC Infinity.

However, given that some (an undisclosed number) of the previous generation Spartans may have volunteered for the Spartan IV project, that could make the question a little less straight-forward to answer.

hello,
I know most of you are more than likely sure that I am just going off on some babble I heard around that hasn't been confirmed yet. But, I can assure you that my point is well constituted. Anyway, let us begin.
As most of you have heard, Halo 4 takes place in 4 years, 7 months, and 10 days after the events in halo 3. When taken all dates into account, that puts us in the year approximately 2557. When taking account of the least possible age of the SPARTAN IVs, we reach that fact that they have placed the training of said SPARTANs at the least in the midst of training alpha company of the SPARTAN III project. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been an explanation yet?

Alpha Company is trained for, give or take, five years, starting in 2531. That means they were deployed and wiped out somewhere around 2537, giving a full twenty years until the Spartan Fours are started, and those are all pre-trained UNSC personnel who have been advanced slightly and given access to new training and equipment. Considering that three Spartan-IIIs from Alpha and two from Beta are serving as Noble Team in 2552, I'm fairly certain they were trained well before 2557. No offence meant, but I'd do a little more checking up with your facts and dates, if I were you, friend.

Alpha Company is trained for, give or take, five years, starting in 2531. That means they were deployed and wiped out somewhere around 2537, giving a full twenty years until the Spartan Fours are started, and those are all pre-trained UNSC personnel who have been advanced slightly and given access to new training and equipment. Considering that three Spartan-IIIs from Alpha and two from Beta are serving as Noble Team in 2552, I'm fairly certain they were trained well before 2557. No offence meant, but I'd do a little more checking up with your facts and dates, if I were you, friend.
im sorry, but i dont understand quite what you mean, but i do know i exagerated a bit. i double checked, but it still comes out to spartan VIs starting training in the midst of spartan IIIs. think about it, spartan IVs are most like 20 or so, so subtract the years, you come out to 2547. gamma company of the spartan IIIs was training in 2552. that puts proect 4 at the same time as project 3

im sorry, but i dont understand quite what you mean, but i do know i exagerated a bit. i double checked, but it still comes out to spartan VIs starting training in the midst of spartan IIIs. think about it, spartan IVs are most like 20 or so, so subtract the years, you come out to 2547. gamma company of the spartan IIIs was training in 2552. that puts proect 4 at the same time as project 3

You are correct to notice the overlap of S3 Gamma and the S4 project. However, I don't see anything that supports what you wrote in your original post about it overlapping Alpha company's existence:

"the training of said SPARTANs at the least in the midst of training alpha company of the SPARTAN III project."

Unless that was a typo and you meant Gamma? ;)

This makes a certain amount of sense, when you look at the fact that (at least with the info we have available) it appears that the Spartan IV project mostly recycled existing Spartans and re-trained them with new equipment and tactics under a new project designation. It may or may not have included all-new recruits, and if it did, they would have to have been adults already, and the six-year-olds of previous Spartan projects (I think this is stated officially somewhere, but I don't recall which article mentions it)

First off guys. Gotta stop ya. The third generation of spartan is active in the year 2552. They have just finished their training. Team saber is one example and the only active mentioned at the end of two books.

Secondly, in halo glasslands paragnosky tells halsey that the gen iv spartans will be like the gen i by which she means consenting adults. Now all the spartan ii n iii become spartan series iv. They are mentioned to be out where infinity is, training the gen iv up by paragnosky to osman. If you havent read the book i suggest you do. That and ghosts of onyx. They have all the info

An for the curious. Beta companies two survivors are twenty years old, and team katana from gamma are all thirteen.

According to Glasslands, the SPARTAN IVs will be made up of any surviving IIs and IIIs (and maybe Is) that wish to join, as well as consenting adult UNSC service members, mostly likely drawn from a pool of Spec-Ops personal. As such, unlike the IIs and IIIs, they do not require extensive training since childhood, as they will already be UNSC and been through boot camp and all other associated basic training, and could perhaps be combat ready in 4 years, depending on the nature and type of augmentations they will receive.

Unfortunately cadet im pretty sure that the las official spartan one or project orion candidate was johnson and he died at the end of halo 3. So id say ots just the five or so spartan twos and however many threes

Jun if he is still alive, however many ORION members remain, as it is never said how many remain, plus their sixteen collective children which received some augmentations through their parentage, any recovered Spartan-IIs, Team Katana, Lucy, Tom, whats left of Team Saber all are eligible for the Spartan IV program. ODSTs and veteran Marines are also eligible, and even Navy and Army personnel would be plausible candidates. Due to the gene requirement being fairly open, that theoretically gives a pool of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, to choose from.

Let's not forget Grey Team still MIA as of ending of Cole Protocol(sent on a deep longer range mission into CE space) and the fact that they are outside human space BEHIND enemy lines with no ability of contact with the UNSC.....

Timeline fits on books and game but!...... looosely

one thing im seeing is about how it is consisting of spartan II survivors partially, but didnt we come to the conclusion they were pretty much dead? someone did the math before and it came out to less than 8 surviving spartan twos, and i never heard of kelly, linda, or freds survival. that puts us at less than 5, because it was stated before that the second class of SPARTAN IIs was suspended indefinitely. was it ever posted in the books where these others came from?

Kelly lynda and fred survived. Kurt died. Add john technicaly serin and gray team ican recall six. However there is another one or two floating around. So eight does roughly add up. Gen two of the spartan 2s never got started. Plus dont forget a good dozen odd who are so injured they couldnt continue. Some however went to oni as is the case with serin. So theres eight who can fight that we know of. Plus a dozen who may be able to.

Naomi, Kelly, Linda, Fred, Grey Team, Black Team, and Serin are the surviving Spartan IIs, unless Gray or Black have lost members since they were last encountered in stories. Plus any of the 'wash-outs' whose injuries have been repaired, for example, Fhajad may have been healed as Dr. Halsey talks about the necessary procedures in her journal. That easily makes eight, plus whatever extras from the washouts as I mentioned.

It is mentioned in 'Halo: Glasslands' by Karen Traviss that Kelly, Naomi, Linda, Fred, and Serin are alive, as well as that the Spartan IV program is being started, with conscripts including the S-IIs, S-IIIs, and all qualified UNSC personnel otherwise unknown.

Bumping this thread for a reason I hope people can clarify or at least understand how a Fan can almost get a little pissed.

I am reading Grasslands, and half done....so no spoilers!!!! for me!!

What I am kinda peeved about is that they are using this booked to kick off Halo 4 and cover their A$$ it seems from us pointing out flaws. However if you catch it...then it just pisses you off. My case in point is Naomi. They say she is a spartan two. Now I compiled a very extensive list that actually comes out to the ORIGINAL number of Spartans 2 even if you believe the original number is higher there are at least REASONS for why someone would legitimately state there was 32. So no biggie. But now...here is Naomi, which correct me if I am wrong has NEVER existed before and only inflates the number yet again. I think they try to justify it by saying that she originally didn't make the cut because of something going wrong(can't quite remember). Then I say they added in THREE sentences in the book that claim that Spartan II armor has nanotech and can self upgrade while in cryo. REALLY? Come on guys...give us something better than that.

So what say you?

Bumping this thread for a reason I hope people can clarify or at least understand how a Fan can almost get a little pissed.

...point is Naomi. They say she is a spartan two. Now I compiled a very extensive list that actually comes out to the ORIGINAL number of Spartans 2 even if you believe the original number is higher there are at least REASONS for why someone would legitimately state there was 32. So no biggie. But now...here is Naomi, which correct me if I am wrong has NEVER existed before and only inflates the number yet again. I think they try to justify it by saying that she originally didn't make the cut because of something going wrong(can't quite remember). Then I say they added in THREE sentences in the book that claim that Spartan II armor has nanotech and can self upgrade while in cryo. REALLY? Come on guys...give us something better than that.

So what say you?

Maybe she didn't exist by name, but there were, even by the most accurate counts, a small number of unnamed Spartan-IIs. She wasn't added the the list on top of those, she replaced one. And the number supposedly on Reach was 33, not 32. As for the nano-tech, I agree with you and call bull on that. Maybe they are talking about the MJOLNIR GenII armor to be used in Halo4(think series two, where Mks 4, 5, and 6 are series one and now we're starting over, but utilizing the old stuff too), but from the sound of it, she was wearing Mjolnir MkVI like Master Chief in Halo 3. WHile I can understand them attempting to fill holes via the expanded stories provided by the books, that could have been done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back