Interim Leadership Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you eiros. I would love to begin getting some assistance with Leadership for this group. At least in the Interim it would be good for me to have a Membership Officer and an Executive Officer. Eventually one of these two I would hope become the Regiment Commanding Officer for Southwest. If any of you in this thread have any desire to assist in our efforts to get this group moving forward as an active Regiment please let me know. My leadership in the Southern regiment have been meeting regularly to discuss many things and our way forward has been paved. i feel like we can do that here in a short period of time also.

Please reach out to me if you would be willing to assist as the RMO (Regiment Membership officer) or RXO (Regiment Executive Officer). Any questions regarding responsibilities of these duties can be directed at me. You can ask my RXO Barry Kiker (brkiker) and RMO, Kevin Robbins (augmentedhuman013) how easy their jobs have been for the Southern Regiment.

Sign me up for Leadership for the southwest I will gladly help in anyway I can

I really wish i could help you out , but i cant. A suggestion though, i think Texas alone should be a regiment on its own. The size of the southwest regiment is huge. I alone drive from corpus to midland every 2 weeks and that takes me about 7.5 hrs and still in Texas. I couldnt imagine trying to meet up with people from out of state. Oi.
Crimmson I will pass this along to Division Staff but my guess things will stay the same. The Southern Regiment covers 12 states with huge gaps between metro areas as well. My guess is that all regiments suffer from some ability to never be able to interact. I wont ever get down to Florida to engage with those members as much as I would love to. The beauty of the forum is that its the place for us to do this and we now have our social media accounts share. We should be utilizing these tools and not further dividing. When Battallions are accepted, my guess is this will be a great place to subdivide and allow us a place to come together and build our local groups into small strong bands that can then explore the larger Regiment.

Hello Crimmson! I would agree that most Regiments are way larger than is functional in terms of getting all of it's members together. However, with members so spread out all over, it was the best way to start out. The goal always is to get Regiments functioning well first, then subunits under those Regiments - Battalions. Once the Battalion grows to a certain size and it wouldn't gut the parent Regiment should it leave, that Battalion would move on to become it's own Regiment. As it is, we're struggling in a few areas, like this one, to have people step up to take the reigns, so having smaller areas and therefore needing more people to step up isn't viable at the moment. But with folks like yourself and eiros being active and willing to help out, that all has the potential for change!

Are we currently counting Colorado in the southwest regiment? If so I have at least one member there and I told him he is going to be my point of contact to help get members going there. Sadly I don't think any of the members in my group is looking to sign up here.

No. Colorado is Mountain regiment which could use some leadership as well. Southwest Covers, New Mexico, Texas, Arizona and Oklahoma.

Hello Crimmson! I would agree that most Regiments are way larger than is functional in terms of getting all of it's members together. However, with members so spread out all over, it was the best way to start out. The goal always is to get Regiments functioning well first, then subunits under those Regiments - Battalions. Once the Battalion grows to a certain size and it wouldn't gut the parent Regiment should it leave, that Battalion would move on to become it's own Regiment. As it is, we're struggling in a few areas, like this one, to have people step up to take the reigns, so having smaller areas and therefore needing more people to step up isn't viable at the moment. But with folks like yourself and eiros being active and willing to help out, that all has the potential for change!

Thank you FANGS ! I couldn't agree more!
eiros you will also notice you now have a new ribbon attached to your Avatar! Congratulations and thank you again for offering to assist with the Southwest.

Reporting in after too long of an absence. Up to last year I was, as far as I could tell, the only Tucson AZ member. I knew 2 other Halo cosplayers in town, but neither were interested in joining 405th. I also know of a large group of Halo cosplayers in Phoenix AZ, calling themselves Fireteam Phoenix, but they are actively anti-405th. So I don't think you'll get much traction in Arizona.
I recently moved to Austin TX, so I'll be able to attend many more events moving forward. My most recent event was the Xbox One X (Scorpio) release event in San Antonio.
I would like to help with activity, so I'll be sure to promote the 405th on my social media channels, for as much as that's worth. Also, I would like to learn more about what the Membership Officer role entails. I do like me some data management.

Yeah I've met one person who was very non 405th and that was 8 years ago, never gave a reason why either.

MyrHerder I'm in Austin as well!

Sorry for being inactive for the last couple of years. I'm in Oklahoma and met with TJ at a local con. Currently in the process of building a new suit.

No Worries death1ink. Life takes precedence. Glad to hear you are back and building!

Glad to our Spartan brother and sisters I the Southwest active again!

To clarify also I know a few of the Fireteam Phoenix members and i wouldn't say "Anti-405th". What i would say is that we need to open some better dialogue with that group as they are strong and cohesive and that is exactly what we need to help set the example and provide leadership support.

I would love any and all support for crackhead09, eiros, and myself as we try to grow this regiment and recruit more members!

crackhead09 They are anti 405th. They are not 405th. They are a self-operated Halo cosplay group running out of Phoenix. I tried to speak with their leader about their presence at a Tucson convention, but personalities clashed and the discussion quickly derailed. I can see why they didn't last in the 405th.

If the group is called Fire team Phoenix, then I know why they are. Read this post.

_Capture.JPG

_1Capture.JPG

Which I believe those reasons are why they no longer associate with the forum anymore. I believe those rules are no longer a thing anymore?

That second quote from "Ben Wheat" is a common exageration/misunderstanding. From the moment we introduced Deployment there have been people who did not understand that it was an Optional Process that would only be used to determine event attendance in extreme and limited cases based on requests from an outside entity like Micorsoft or one of their Media Partners, and that our default view was that all events are open to all members. That has been clearly stated from Day One and is spelled out in the Deployment FAQ. It was never a Rule or intended to be a Rule that you had to ba Deployed to attend an event but unfortunately this misunderstanding continues to exist and be propagated by Former and Current members. Deployments were always meant to be about celebrating a member's accomplishment first, and any level of logistics second.

As for the No Tea Bagging thing, yes, That is a guideline. It is not a "Rule" spelled out in the Mantle, but in our event guidelines and planning FAQs it is stated that when representing the 405th that behavior is unacceptable. Tea Bagging is offensive, intended to be seen as a humiliating action, and has no place in an organization that represents all Halo fans in a professional and courteous manner.

Last edited:
Exactly. They had a lot to say about the costume approval process. I didn't know teabagging was part of the argument too. Personally, I'm glad people like that aren't in our community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back