Interim Leadership Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its fair to say that we have been and always will be a community of builders and people who share and wish to learn. We have morphed to a degree with the forum ownership change to a costume club that still holds those beliefs with better structure and support and yes many of the new rules have been over exaggerated and not given the chance to help us get better organized. Unfortunately this has led some to a negative conclusion about the 405th. The few requests that we get have never requested screen accurate costumes, but fans in armor looking to represent that fandom.

I think it would be wise for all of us to do our due diligence in regards to the rules and in helping to dispel myths about our organization. The only way we can get these disparaging comments and thoughts about us to go away are to educate.

I thought people came here to learn how to make their own costume.

The 405th is multi faceted organization that people can get out of what they want. We understand people come here for a variety of reasons and try to provide a space for as many as possible. That includes making sure we prepare for, and have systems in place to best serve, all those outlooks and styles of member.

Some people do just want to make their own costume. That is fine, that is why all it takes to be a "405th Member" is to have a Forum Account. And some people, many people, that is all they want. They learn to build, they get their files, they make their costume, and then they disappear and we never see them again. Or there are those members who just love making models and unfolds. They can be "members" without ever building a single costume. But they are still here and a vital part of the community, so they are afforded the same level of membership as any other person.

But some people want more. They want to do more with their costume, they want to feel more connected with the community. That's where our Regiments come into play. And you don't even need a costume to join a Regiment.

Some people strive for screen accuracy, and that is who Deployments are for, those members whose focus is on build quality. We reward them for their commitment and skills and we encourage them and others to keep improving by offering multiple levels of Deployments.

And outside groups, organizations, companies, et cetera do come to the 405th and invite us to their events to help them out. They do that because we are organized and we have the structure to deal with and fulfill event requests. We are cultivating a reputation for professional and courteous behavior in our appearances, and that goes a long way towards there being more invitations for all of us.

And even though it has not happened yet through our current event request system, someone could come to us and ask for a certain level of quality in costume for an appearance. It has happened before but it was done through back doors and "friends of friends" and unofficial channels. An open group like ours, with set rules and procedures goes a long way towards both
-Giving every member a more equal shot at getting to do some exclusive cool event, rather than only the friends of the "right" or "popular" person
-Allows an outside event to have a wider pool of candidates to choose from.

This diverse set of viewpoints and functions is one of the challenges we face, and as a Command Staff member you will need to be able to understand, respect, and balance them all.

That is awesome! crackhead09 is the Southwest RXO and eiros is the RMO. Let's hear from these fellows. Would love to get some more assistance and fill slots!

Those quotes are from 2 years ago, when there was a huge debate on the costume standards and rules. I do not associate with this forum anymore and the local group members can do as they wish, Fireteam Phoenix is not associated with 405th in any way. I was the regiment commander, but all the politics for a hobby are too tiresome and I cosplay for fun. I most likely won't respond to this post as I do not check the forums anymore and was only aware of this because a friend told me about.

I am not anit-405th, I just choose to no longer associate with them.

Zero 071 for starters thank you for the clarification.

I would like to say that with all groups and change that occurs when a pivotal moment is experienced, as it was when the forum was under new ownership, there is some policy disagreement or politics that surface. I hope we have moved passed a lot of those growing pains and I know I have been working hard in the Southern regiment to recognize and encourage those in my neck of the woods to come back and be the champions they once were for the forum. Those amazing builds in those early days and their encouragement is what drove me to be part of this community. They are all invaluable. I hope that everyone would give us a second chance and help us be a better organization.

Hey I just wanted to say that I am part of Fireteam Phoenix. Seeing us being bashed out right for it is pretty petty. We have a presence at convention all over Arizona. MyrHearder who did you talk to at Tucson Comic Con ? We're they in armor and do you know what color they were ? When the costume veting came out push a negative aspect on start up cosplay people. I personally meet a awesome person who make halo armor out of cardboard. So making everyone welcome no matter what there skill level is where we try and make them feel encouraged and welcome.

Hey I just wanted to say that I am part of Fireteam Phoenix. Seeing us being bashed out right for it is pretty petty. We have a presence at convention all over Arizona. MyrHearder who did you talk to at Tucson Comic Con ? We're they in armor and do you know what color they were ? When the costume veting came out push a negative aspect on start up cosplay people. I personally meet a awesome person who make halo armor out of cardboard. So making everyone welcome no matter what there skill level is where we try and make them feel encouraged and welcome.

Is there bashing going on? All I saw was an explanation of people's difference in perceived directions and goals when it comes to a cosplay group.

With some of the comments about us ( Or from a indvidual ) not representating the 405th. To me comes across as not wanted in the 405th forms or otherwise.

With some of the comments about us ( Or from a indvidual ) not representating the 405th. To me comes across as not wanted in the 405th forms or otherwise.

I'm just here to build costumes and help others do the same. Many of the other forum regulars are of the same opinion. If you're not feeling welcome I'd say you're not talking with the right folks because everyone here is either extremely helpful, a memelord or some combination of each.

Hello BryZad! I am truly sorry that you feel that this is some bashing going on. I am a firm believer that there is more than enough room in this big sandbox for us all to do our thing. And I'm also a firm believer in not bashing other groups so I apologize again if that's the feeling you were getting. I suspect that people were more stating their experiences but I can understand how craptastic it would feel as a dual member. Point taken and we shall all endeavour to just be better.

I welcome you and any other Fireteam Phoenix people to also be a 405th member and I would love to see what we can do about working out our differences and perhaps do joint events. And if we can't come together group wise, that's totally fine too. I'll still welcome anyone who would like to be a dual member. Life is too bloody short to focus on the negative. There is no reason for our two groups not to co-exist peacefully.

This is a member from Tennessee sounding off, i only know one other member here in TN but I've tried to find other but i can not find anyone

This is a member from Tennessee sounding off, i only know one other member here in TN but I've tried to find other but i can not find anyone

I think you got the wrong forum bud. This is the southwest regiment that covers Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and Oklahoma. I would try the Southern regiment but don't get me wrong I think this regiment would gladly welcome you if you need a place to call home.

I think you got the wrong forum bud. This is the southwest regiment that covers Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and Oklahoma. I would try the Southern regiment but don't get me wrong I think this regiment would gladly welcome you if you need a place to call home.
yeah sorry i just noticed it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back