Introduce Yourself

Welcome!!!! I am originally from Newfield just outside of Ithaca. Happy to see more upstate blood joining. I mean you sound very experienced but if you need anything drop a question. I am actually looking at cons for colonial to hit up around Syracuse right now twin tiers comic con in Elmira is the upstate deal for us. But next year I am planning on Rochester but we can pitch at Syracuse as well. Welcome! Can’t wait to see what you got.

Yes I am the proud daddy of a grunt, he said next time he needs to have two clear balls with blue LEDs in them, so he can just go suicide bomber on us.. Honestly though, the highlight of the event for him was the interaction he had with the 405th members. He was amazed at first about the attention he received from con goers, and then when the 405th did this photo shoot he was just overjoyed. Thank you so much for making my special weekend with my kids even more so.

Welcome!!!! I am originally from Newfield just outside of Ithaca. Happy to see more upstate blood joining. I mean you sound very experienced but if you need anything drop a question. I am actually looking at cons for colonial to hit up around Syracuse right now twin tiers comic con in Elmira is the upstate deal for us. But next year I am planning on Rochester but we can pitch at Syracuse as well. Welcome! Can’t wait to see what you got.
I used to LARP in Newfield, ARRO then later IFRA. Thank you, I hit several cons in the central new York area every year as a Klingon as well, so I can share that information with you as I get it so we can help both groups grow. There are so many comic cons in the Thruway corridor from Albany to buffalo, many of them small and some of them free.

Well lorddemarco, welcome to the 405th, and if you know of con that are not on my Cons list, HERE, please share w/ the class.....I would be grateful to add to the list.

Well lorddemarco, welcome to the 405th, and if you know of con that are not on my Cons list, HERE, please share w/ the class.....I would be grateful to add to the list.
I would say this one is right up our alley. RetroGamecon, HALO has been around since the original Xbox. RetroGameCon, Upstate NY's Video Game Convention November 2nd and 3rd
Established in 2013, RetroGameCon is Upstate NY's Video Game Expo!

RGC Features special guests, hundreds of exhibitor tables, panel presentations from industry professionals, video game music, tournaments, tabletop games, fantastic art, video game free play, charity events, & more. RGC has grown to be one of the largest gaming events in New York State, drawing thousands from the Northeast U.S. & Canada to downtown Syracuse, NY.

RGC celebrates the best in gaming...its art form...its culture...its nostalgia!

Not to mention its my Birthday Weekend 49 years old, not a bad career length for a Spartan.

I am planning that should be the other big one next year in NY next to NYCC! So maybe figure that and we all can rally up and hit that up. Plus those that remember Tana, cass, and some others we would see loads of familiar faces at this con. lorddemarco if you wanted you could POC for this event and we all can jump to help. I've been wanting to go real bad.

Name: Anne or Aj
Call Tag: drajbuky (social media) yordasuzu (xbl)
About me: *cracks knuckles* So way back in the day, Halo/Halo2 were my brain down-time games of choice while slogging my way through veterinary school. Life got busy after graduation, and I got sucked into the abyss that is WoW for a few years. I always come back to the Halo series. The story and gameplay are some of my favorites, even if I am abyssmally bad at FPS games...
Fast forward to 2018- Chilling at my local haunt, a couple sits next to me. I overhear the guy say Halo...so I introduce myself. Come to find out, he has a MC build, and is into cosplay. We hit up NYCC 2018 (non-Halo themed cosplays), and over the winter we made plans to attend Halo Outpost in Philly.
I whipped together a Cortana cosplay for HOD: Philly, and enjoyed every minute of it! I had an excellent time, even if I was a bit overwhelmed by how talented everyone was (I don't consider myself a crafter.)... Everyone I met was super friendly and welcoming. I would like to get into armor construction, thankfully my friend (whom is much better at crafting) has offered to help me with an 058-Linda build.
I am ridiculously busy with life and WORK, but I enjoy meeting other Halo folks and fangirling over everyone's incredible talent at crafting. I don't have much advice to offer skills-wise, but I have plenty of positive vibes and encouragement so if you're feeling run-down, hmu for some finger guns and a pep-talk (lol)!
Current plans are to attend NYCC 2019 (work-schedule willing), and maaaaaybe AnimeNYC

Welcome to the team Drajbuky. Plenty of people here to help in any way we can to get your suit up and ready for anything. FYI, working on an Argus build myself.......Lina's armor. You don't have to be a great crafter, but it sounds like you have the desire to build something. It also sounds like you found a building mentor in your area.....very helpful. So right now just get you posts up.....put in days, and I can get you on the roster. Again, welcome to the 405th. And if you need anything just drop me a PM.

Welcome to the team Drajbuky. Plenty of people here to help in any way we can to get your suit up and ready for anything. FYI, working on an Argus build myself.......Lina's armor. You don't have to be a great crafter, but it sounds like you have the desire to build something. It also sounds like you found a building mentor in your area.....very helpful. So right now just get you posts up.....put in days, and I can get you on the roster. Again, welcome to the 405th. And if you need anything just drop me a PM.
Thanks! I have been reading through the tutorial threads and SO MUCH INFORMATION... it is great. I especially love the thread about supplies with some links of where to start looking for things (or WHAT something even is...). I feel confident that I can get some things rolling.
Not gluing myself to EVERYTHING? That's another story!! XD

HAHAHA yea! The positive side is my laceration repair skills with super glue has leveled up significantly!
My office needs a 'Days gone without gluing myself to myself: ' sign.

As a side note: always seek medical attention if you get injured. There are very wrong ways to use super glue for wound repair. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Last edited:
Name: Jonathan
Gamertag: KnavishPlum169

Hello! So I joined the 405th about 2 years ago and got into Halo about... 5 years ago. Yes, yes. One of the things I always have to mention is that I got into the series really late. My parents were more strict with the violent games, but through the help of having Battlefront II for the PS2 and Halo not really being super gory (I mean it can be, but it is pretty tame) I was allowed to get the games. Halo: Reach and CEA were my first, Halo 5 was a first Halo I got at launch. I would like to say though that I have played all of them at this point (That includes the Wars). I also greatly enjoy RTS games (Halo Wars, SupCom and Planetary Annihilation). I am also really big into Destiny.

I honestly can't remember when I first got into the idea of cosplay. I really wanted real star wars clone armor when I was younger and after Halo I really wanted my Reach spartan. That was first started in 2017 with me getting my ODST helmet. While the rest of my spartan hasn't really made much progress, I have decided to start a helmet collection. I have my ODST completed. Commander Fox is in progress and I now have the Destiny Skullfort and Murvaux Type 0 to 3d print thanks to MoeSizzlac. I also am also in the R2 Builders Club with a WIP astromech. But sadly college has gotten in the way of most of that for now. I am majoring in Digital Media with a concentration in Game Design. I really want to work as an artist in the industry.

Also just to do a shameless plug, I draw chibi like caricatures of video game/comic/movie/original character I call "Tubby People" on my Instagram called "tubby_central". They featured in a Spotlight on Waypoint last year, though my skills have greatly improved since then.

Name: Anne or Aj
Call Tag: drajbuky (social media) yordasuzu (xbl)
About me: *cracks knuckles* So way back in the day, Halo/Halo2 were my brain down-time games of choice while slogging my way through veterinary school. Life got busy after graduation, and I got sucked into the abyss that is WoW for a few years. I always come back to the Halo series. The story and gameplay are some of my favorites, even if I am abyssmally bad at FPS games...
Fast forward to 2018- Chilling at my local haunt, a couple sits next to me. I overhear the guy say Halo...so I introduce myself. Come to find out, he has a MC build, and is into cosplay. We hit up NYCC 2018 (non-Halo themed cosplays), and over the winter we made plans to attend Halo Outpost in Philly.
I whipped together a Cortana cosplay for HOD: Philly, and enjoyed every minute of it! I had an excellent time, even if I was a bit overwhelmed by how talented everyone was (I don't consider myself a crafter.)... Everyone I met was super friendly and welcoming. I would like to get into armor construction, thankfully my friend (whom is much better at crafting) has offered to help me with an 058-Linda build.
I am ridiculously busy with life and WORK, but I enjoy meeting other Halo folks and fangirling over everyone's incredible talent at crafting. I don't have much advice to offer skills-wise, but I have plenty of positive vibes and encouragement so if you're feeling run-down, hmu for some finger guns and a pep-talk (lol)!
Current plans are to attend NYCC 2019 (work-schedule willing), and maaaaaybe AnimeNYC
YES!!! another New York folk! Welcome to the regiment and hope to hear more from you. It is good that Dirt has someone near by. If you are looking for cons in the upstate area let me know I am pushing up here to grow the group more. Make sure you touch base with our RMO Benton188

Name: Jonathan
Gamertag: KnavishPlum169

Hello! So I joined the 405th about 2 years ago and got into Halo about... 5 years ago. Yes, yes. One of the things I always have to mention is that I got into the series really late. My parents were more strict with the violent games, but through the help of having Battlefront II for the PS2 and Halo not really being super gory (I mean it can be, but it is pretty tame) I was allowed to get the games. Halo: Reach and CEA were my first, Halo 5 was a first Halo I got at launch. I would like to say though that I have played all of them at this point (That includes the Wars). I also greatly enjoy RTS games (Halo Wars, SupCom and Planetary Annihilation). I am also really big into Destiny.

I honestly can't remember when I first got into the idea of cosplay. I really wanted real star wars clone armor when I was younger and after Halo I really wanted my Reach spartan. That was first started in 2017 with me getting my ODST helmet. While the rest of my spartan hasn't really made much progress, I have decided to start a helmet collection. I have my ODST completed. Commander Fox is in progress and I now have the Destiny Skullfort and Murvaux Type 0 to 3d print thanks to MoeSizzlac. I also am also in the R2 Builders Club with a WIP astromech. But sadly college has gotten in the way of most of that for now. I am majoring in Digital Media with a concentration in Game Design. I really want to work as an artist in the industry.

Also just to do a shameless plug, I draw chibi like caricatures of video game/comic/movie/original character I call "Tubby People" on my Instagram called "tubby_central". They featured in a Spotlight on Waypoint last year, though my skills have greatly improved since then.
Welcome to the crew! Glad to see more CT folks showing up. Make sure to touch base with our RMO Benton188. Can't wait to see what you cook up. Hope to meet you at a Con one day.

KnavishPlum Please do share pics of your helmet collection as you are making them. I want to see all the shiny and pretty things !!
Will do! I plan to make a thread at some point in December or January. By that point I hope to have Fox closer to completion and since I am getting a 3d printer for Christmas I can show progress on my Destiny Helmets.

You can check this thread for now if you wanna see the ODST helmet and Fox in progress: Clone Helmet Build Thread

Its been a while so I guess I should probably say something...

Name: Joshua Nye, Mecha Guy (Bill is like a 4th or 5th cousin one removed or something)
Call tag: GM_Mechworks (discord, steam, reddit...)
Favorite games: Halo 3, Doom 2016, Minecraft, Masterchief and Friends Superstar Adventure in Dreamland
Interests: carpentry, car repairs (out of necessity), listening to audio books, watching animu
About me: My name is Joshua and I've been sober for... just kidding I'm never sober. Drunk on life and usually mildly amused about everything -despite what I may type!

I remember back when regiments were a pie-in-the-sky dream and most people used fiberglass to make their armor instead of all these fancy eva foams and 3d printers. I've made some cardboard stuff and 3d models but never actually built a fancy full set.
Pretty proud of diagnosing my car's issue as a bad alternator and rebuilding it... not to mention all the other little things to keep it going.

Now I'm working on a giant robot and occasionally chuck parts across the lawn in in frustration. The idea is to build second one and fight them budget megabots style. I guess that counts as some costuming experience haha. Then rent out lessons/kickstart giant robot laser tag. I might have gotten on the news once last year, when the giant robot was rather durpy. Here's hoping to a less durpy bot!

Hi my name is John Galmish. I go by the screen name comics1996. I live in Erie Pa. I have played the first game and working on finishing the 2. I am going to be building a master chief armor. Not sure which one yet though. I was thinking of making a papercraft of it first then maybe a foam.

Hi my name is John Galmish. I go by the screen name comics1996. I live in Erie Pa. I have played the first game and working on finishing the 2. I am going to be building a master chief armor. Not sure which one yet though. I was thinking of making a papercraft of it first then maybe a foam.
Hello John, Great news for you, plenty of our members are in your area. they can help you get off to a good start and even give tips on where the cheapest place near you to find materials. I recommend talking with our RMO Benton188 who is one of those members located in Erie.

Hello John, Great news for you, plenty of our members are in your area. they can help you get off to a good start and even give tips on where the cheapest place near you to find materials. I recommend talking with our RMO Benton188 who is one of those members located in Erie.
I was wondering how active do I have to be to stay in a regiment?

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back