Iron Man Files High And Medium Def.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remraf said:
Hey, Mr Oreo, you might want to check your scale, your thigh will currently come out at only 10 inches tall...

Here's my unfold, set to 51 cm, based on the scale Rebostar set his size tester boots to.

http://www.4shared.com/file/202602841/ca41603/IronMan_thigh_left_unfold_by_R.html

Oh, I didn't really look at the finished size. I just copied the scale factor (165) from another file released. I figured they were all to the same scale. I'll fix it when I get the chance.

jdawg224 said:
thanks, but may i ask you, what are those pieces that are off the page? what do they do?

They're sitting on the sidelines like the lazy bums they are. :) Seriously though, if you look inside the model from the top in the 3d view, there's a mystery ring that doesn't attach to anything, nor is it visible from the outside. Plus it intersects with the rest of the geometry in some parts. I didn't see the point in pepping such a piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
MrOreo123 said:
They're sitting on the sidelines like the lazy bums they are. :) Seriously though, if you look inside the model from the top in the 3d view, there's a mystery ring that doesn't attach to anything, nor is it visible from the outside. Plus it intersects with the rest of the geometry in some parts. I didn't see the point in pepping such a piece.

Yeah. I'm guessing they were part of the undersuit that was included with the model. But it's unnecessary to the thigh itself.

Hello everyone! This will be my first post and my first "official" unfold i suppose. Been following the Iron Man Pep stuff for a while and watching you wonderful people do your amazing work. The surfacing of this particular model pushed me over the edge and I decided to help out a bit!

Here is the Medium Detail Ab plate fixed my the amazing Juice, unfolded by me!

http://www.4shared.com/file/203014489/cff5b69c/Iron_Man_Medium_Detail_Ab_Plat.

let me know what ya think! :D

I came across this post just then and downloaded all of the files. And as I was trying to be part of the online community and help, I tried to unfold something. I got 15 minutes into the model of the hand and just gave up, it is really not that worth it lol

Perceptor said:
I came across this post just then and downloaded all of the files. And as I was trying to be part of the online community and help, I tried to unfold something. I got 15 minutes into the model of the hand and just gave up, it is really not that worth it lol

I think that hand file has surfaces on both the inside and outside of it, so essentially "if" it was pepped, there would be a hollow space within the two walls of the hand. You only need the outside surface to pep that file. I took a peek at unfolding it but stopped immediately after i realized it was pointless.

I'll fix the hand asap didn't actually bother to check the inner surfaces ...soon as I'm done with the Torso I'll do the hand.

Well guys and gals the moment is here I've done all I can with the HD CHEST

Remember I said I'm no 3d modeller and I'm not I just had a go ..I have no real idea what I'm doing and this has been the momma of steep learning curve.

I may have deleted 1 or 2 tiny faces on the model but nothing that can not be fixed easily.

I had a go at the honey comb shapes in the under armour and tried to make them as a floating surface as it was suggested if how ever you would like the honey combs in 3d please say and I'll upload them seperately.

I have also lowered the file size but its still pretty large so its going to slow your pepakura programme down.

But dont worry I've seperated all the pieces (and yes there is alot)..So just go into the 3d menu and select show object list ..in there you can either hide or delete each piece.

I have not added any support struts to this yet as I think I've done my fare share on this. So I'm uploading it as an .obj file so Struts can be added.

When you see how many pieces there is you will understand whats taken me so long.

On another note I read in Timecons thread that he was having trouble sizing this to fit. Well I think agbates is on the case as he said he was going to remodel it in places.

Agbates if you do read this can you please check out Timecons Iron Man Thread.

Here's a pic of the Model ...and I'll upload it to page 1

Untitled.jpg

Quick update I'd like to thank everone for thier help so far.

I have tried to update page as best I can with the links I've just gone through the latest batch of unfolds and added them to page 1 if I have missed anyones work out I can only apologise and please shout up if you spot any thing I have missed.

Also I have still not added in all the inner armour details yet because alot of the pieces overlap very badly...I can fix this but its going to take a while and I wanted to get the chest out to you all as quickly as I could.

Saying that as you all know Agbates is still working on this model and will no doubt do a better job than me but atleast my version can atleast get you started.

I'll start working on fixing the hand next.

Hey sorry I haven't posted any progress on the armor so far, but I have been working on 20 different projects at once. I don't have much done, but I think what I do have is pretty good so far. So far I have fixed all the open edges, reversed normals, added more detail to certain pieces and taken unnecessary detail away from pieces. It is not much like I said, but I have been really busy.

12-2.jpg

lol agbates where your ears burning lol ...talk of the devil so to speak.

Looking great there fella ...see what I mean when I said Agbates would do a better job lol

Carnage and agbates, that is awesome to see. Everything's cleaner, even though I expect pepping that chest will be a nightmare. I want to have a go at it as soon as possible, but the more rational side of me is saying to wait for agbates to get a bit further first...sigh...

You want my advice ....I'd say wait...

Even though I've spent all week working on the Chest everyday until early in the morning ..I'm still saying wait.

I only did this so I wouldn't be flamed anymore. For trying lol I did the best I could even if you dont build this you can atleast look at it and see whats in store for you.

You wont believe how many parts there is and I had to go through every single one deleting faces and so on.

carnage said:
You want my advice ....I'd say wait...

Even though I've spent all week working on the Chest everyday until early in the morning ..I'm still saying wait.

I only did this so I wouldn't be flamed anymore. For trying lol I did the best I could even if you dont build this you can atleast look at it and see whats in store for you.

You wont believe how many parts there is and I had to go through every single one deleting faces and so on.

nice, i hope we don't have to wait too long, so we can make it in time for comic con and the movie premiere

I cleaned up some edges and organized the shoulder a little more. Big thanks to Mr Oreo for giving me some advice.

http://www.4shared.com/file/203555252/f4f53dfd/Iron_Man_-_Med_Def_-_Shoulder_.html

I scaled it using the test shoulder posted on page one. Not sure if there's a set scale we should be using.

Currently, I'm trying to tackle the medium def torso. Not sure if anyone will use it but it's turning out to be good practice for me.

carnage, everything here looks amazing. Sorry to hear that the chest isn't sizing up the way it should. Looking forward to seeing other parts here soon!

Cole,

EVERYONE STOP WORKING ON THIS MODEL FOR THE MOMENT ...ME AND AGBATES NEED TO DISCUSS A FEW THINGS!!!!!

I WILL EXPLAIN ALL ASAP.

Wow, looks like a good team effort has been made.

I've had internet problems all week at home so had to view this thread while I was at work, where I can't respond.

I wonder why the brake has been stepped on, it's all very exciting though.:)

Bravo on the team work guys!!!

Not sure if it helps but i cleaned up the hand model and saved it as a 3ds. Carnage, please email me to get it as i cont post the file on here for some reason

EDIT:sorry bout postin' this didnt read the nes title and post, my internet was down for a while

Thanks for all your work on this front carnage. I took a look at offering assistance ans 3D modeler, to fix the base mesh to be easier to unfold, but the file is causing Maya to throw up and die every time I try to import it, so alas, I have yet to actually play with the mesh.

I will try some new plugins and see it that helps.

*disclaimer (because I can hear the replies already) I know its a 3d Max file..... I have 3d max on a windows partition of my mac book pro. I have tried exporting as ASCI, as FBX, and OBJ and eachone... especially the OBJ makes maya on the Mac side throw up and die"

(EDIT) I was finally able to do it, but I had to export the .obj then open it in Cinima 4D, then export as a .fbx (as .FBX wasn't working) then import into maya. ofcourse before I can do anything I need to rescale because it is HUGE. and the rig was converted to polys.

Hi everyone sorry for making everyone wait so long.

But I had some personal issue's to take care of.

Ok here goes.

I became worried about the scaling of this model after reading Timecons Ironman thread concerning the Thigh's he test built and that they was way to skinny even though he scaled them correctly according to his height.

I asked Agbates to take a closer look at the model...and he replied. after looking at the model and comparing it with the real suit from all angles it is way to skinny and to fix this would involve alot of time and effort.

Which he at the moment can not spare as he is also busy with other projects. So basically he can not continue at this moment.

I'm not happy as I have also put so much time and effort into this.

I'm not saying all hope is lost as I've been asking around behind the scene's so to speak on how this may be fixable.

I'm also glad to see Clarx is getting involved ...Starx has also offered to help as well as you know he's been building this model and also may or may not have found away round these issue's.

I will try to keep you all informed as best I can.

On another note I accidently uploaded the wrong HD CHEST file I uploaded the file that shows everything as one object and not the named list as promised.

I will correct this asap.

I just have to lower the file size on the proper file before I upload it. In my excitement of finally finishing the HD Chest I got confused.

I'll make a new post when I have uploaded the proper file.

Saying that though I may wait and see what Clarx can do before uploading anything.

I don't want to waste anybody's time by uploading a file for me to then upload a better version.

Hello peeps,

Some of you know me, and others do not. For thoes who do not, I am the creater of the yet to be released Clarx Ironman files. In lieu of recent events I wish to share what my plans "Were" in reguards to the files. I was impressed by the tallent of a cirtian individuals ability to model, so I was going to take the best of my files, and merge them with the best of his into a sort of.....super file set... if you please.

Well because of the reason we all find ourself in this thread, there is no need to deal with this individual as we have the files right here (thank you Carnage).

With all that said, I am going to be releasing my files here and now. I am not a pepakura user, never have, dont even have the program, so what I am releasing is my 3D Mesh. I have taken the liberty of cleanning up a bit the HD files found here, and they are included broken out side by side with my mesh. I have formated the files 3 ways. a XXXXX.mb or maya binanry, XXXXX.obj for almost all 3d Programs, and XXXXX.fbx that can be used to import maya files into 3ds.

The hopes are for thoes interested to blend the two meshes together. I think there are very good parts to the HD mesh, but I also see issues.. For example the spine on my mesh is more acurate (from what I have seen) than the HD files. but likwise I like the way the upper thighs are done when compared to my mesh. You get the point.

I appreciate all thoes who in turn appreciate my talents. I know what I know because thats what I go to shool for, "Computer Animation" however, I am still in school and find it hard at times to give proper attentione to projects like this. I think my mesh has alot to offer this community, and this way it is now all of yours to show me what you can do.

enjoy

4300519638_6b11c5eb06_o.png

Maya Binary Download

OBJ Download

FBX Download

Clarx mesh broken into 6 parts as Obj for direct unfold in pepakura: :Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back