Iron man -foam armor -2011 halloween costume build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, that is so awesome! Your foam skills.... are crazy. No other words. Except awesome of course.

You're build is looking great. You're foam work (details and all) is just beyond words, and in its complexity is an inspiration to us all. Keep us posted. I can't wait to see how this one comes out.

Got the Thighs and add ons built.
Sorry for the blurry pics.
SAM_1071.jpg

SAM_1074.jpg

Got a shin done. I like how it turned out, so it's a go ahead to do the other one the same way.
I might be done this build by the end of the week. So possibly look for a full suit up soon.
SAM_1091.jpg

Everything is turning out great. The thigh and shin look like they would be pretty comfortable. How's the mobility in them?

I put together a video of the recent Update again.

Better then putting up a ton of pics and there is also a fitment test at the end of the video with all the upper body parts on with the cod as well.
hope you guys like it.

It will definitely be a fun halloween . Wait till you see what I do with this thing that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your suit looked amazing. how did you manage to make your suit to fit you so perfect? Any tips or advice?

I scale them so that everything is somewhat proportioned properly. I make sure of that.

no real tips other than, if it doesn't fit right, scale it a bit up or down and build it again.
You have to be disciplined with that if you really want good proportions.

no real magic formula. lol

Since you're using all of Dancing Fool's files, are you using the same scale number for each piece, or scaling each one individually?

Awesome build! The glowing chestpiece looks really great, but I especially like that that you've managed to make the foam so "un-foamlike" in appearance. :)

One quick question; most of you guys using foam seem to be using the same kind of EVA foam and I think it's possible to find it at Home Depot or similar. Now, I'm in Sweden so we don't have Home Depot here, but there are plenty of other stores in the same business. I've tried googling for EVA foam mats but so far zippo in swedish stores. Is it a special name for those mats you use? Maybe I can try googling the name of it instead!

Since you're using all of Dancing Fool's files, are you using the same scale number for each piece, or scaling each one individually?

I set the scales differently for each part

Awesome build! The glowing chestpiece looks really great, but I especially like that that you've managed to make the foam so "un-foamlike" in appearance. :)

One quick question; most of you guys using foam seem to be using the same kind of EVA foam and I think it's possible to find it at Home Depot or similar. Now, I'm in Sweden so we don't have Home Depot here, but there are plenty of other stores in the same business. I've tried googling for EVA foam mats but so far zippo in swedish stores. Is it a special name for those mats you use? Maybe I can try googling the name of it instead!

try asking for anti-fatigue mats for work shops at places that would sell tools and related items

I used camping mats for this build (not the greatest) but I found some better EVA rolls of foam at a store like home depot today. Much better quality. More durable as they are made for people to be walking over and standing on all day.

Gotta say,
Great work man. Custom scalling each piece really makes a difference and your paint job is top notch. I'm alway impressed with the use of foam. Keep up the great work.

Ah, thanks a lot! I'm hoping to get started this week if I'm lucky; I need something to do at night when there are no more films or games I can play with. :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back