Iron Man Mark VI build (discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drack

Hey guys. Just signed up for 405th and thought to start off would post the start of my Iron Man project.

IMG_0484.jpg
IMG_0482.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg
IMG_0508.jpg
IMG_0497.jpg
IMG_0511.jpg
IMG_0357.jpg
_DSC9465.jpg

Now THIS is how a first post SHOULD be done. Fantastic work man! I'm in awe right now and super excited to see this project come to fruition. This is now bookmarked. Keep up the good work man! I love it!

Thank you for your kind words. Moving in a couple of weeks so will have a work shop and can start on fibre glass and bondo. Pep is all finished, will post pic wearing full suit in the next few days. Working on some pep for my friends war machine suit till then. Wanna thank Ben Streeper for inspiring me with his awesome work that guys a legend. Might have to do a master chief costume after this build.

Used the original glove files but came across the high def version. Kinda wish I hadn't cause this is one hard build BUT looks sweet!!

IMG_0547.jpg
IMG_0545.jpg

Thank you dude. Nice ODST build very impressive.

Glove update.

IMG_0362.jpg
IMG_0363.jpg
IMG_0366.jpg

Great work there pal! im trying to make a war machine suit; and i was wondering , What kind of scale method did you used?
Any tip will be apreciated

Well Dazaet I have been lucky with this build as the scale is pretty much to my size. I know that the warmahine build is not so helpful with the scaling as I am helping a friend do his. The way I scale is to go to the "recalculate parts layout". There you will see the measurements of the piece. Measure my body part, say the forearm. Mine is 280mm from elbow to wrist. I added about 60mm for the elbow joint. So 340mm for the complete piece. Then type the new measurement in and recalculated. For my friends WM the origonal parts are at a scale of 1.800000 and we had to scale up to 2.164049. I forget what scale I used for the helmet though but after his 2 failed attempts I made his for him.

This link may help http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31620-Tutorial-Simple-Armor-Scaling

Wow this looks amazing! I am hoping to start my own Iron Man build, so I'll be watching this with keen interest. Have you been doing this long because this looks like truly amazing stuff!

My first build and has taken me a month so far. I move in a couple of weeks and my new place has a work shop so can get on with fibreglass and bondoing. Hopefully will have the suit done with full elecronics by new year. As for colour scheme will be sticking to movie acurate.

Well Dazaet I have been lucky with this build as the scale is pretty much to my size. I know that the warmahine build is not so helpful with the scaling as I am helping a friend do his. The way I scale is to go to the "recalculate parts layout". There you will see the measurements of the piece. Measure my body part, say the forearm. Mine is 280mm from elbow to wrist. I added about 60mm for the elbow joint. So 340mm for the complete piece. Then type the new measurement in and recalculated. For my friends WM the origonal parts are at a scale of 1.800000 and we had to scale up to 2.164049. I forget what scale I used for the helmet though but after his 2 failed attempts I made his for him.

This link may help http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31620-Tutorial-Simple-Armor-Scaling

Thanks for the link men, it really helped me a lot.

Would you mind providing a link to these PDO's? I don't think I'm going to make this in the near future. I'm trying to build up my collection of these files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back