Iron Man Mark VI build (discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job so far, it looks really good. I can only imagine the time needed to do those peps. Ill be subscribing to this thread to watch your progress for sure.

Definitely going to watch this, great work so far I am planning on making Iron Man suit myself after I am done with my current project.

IRON MAN FILES, CREATION AND SCALING LINKS HERE
Click red text for links.

Ironman and Warmachine file links Ironman, Warmachine and WM High Def. My insperation came from these tutorials Set of youtube vids and 405ths Ben Streeper vids

The new glove build I used is in on the high def page. Thought I would throw all the WM files in too as that thing looks awesome. My friend is making one and makes me look like a toy. BUT if you are thinking of doing the WM build scaling will be a big part of the build. Once you find the right scale I think you should be able to apply it to all the pieces and it should fit you. Its worked so far for me with my friends suit but I am sure as some point I will have to slightly change scaling.

Just incase any one reading didn't see earlier in my thread here is a sure win scaling method by spitfire22V. Scaling

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be a bit ambitious but after this build am gonna try for a custom foam build of

0006_sut_suitcase_suit_0905.jpg

After seeing and looking over Propcustomz foam build I am pretty confodent that I know how to proceed.
The best foam build I have seen so far btw, that costume is sick!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished Dbmikes Warmachine helmet pep. Now that I have made both the normal and HD helmet the HD looks miles better. Almost don't want to give it to him :p

IMG_0028.jpg

Subbed. I'm really interested to see the mobility of the suit and how you solve any range of movement issues.
Looking awesome so far.

this helmet is awesome, thanks for building it for me if it wasn't for you i'd have given up ages ago lol

Wow....This is one Epic build, I'm loving the amount of detail that is going into this.

Very nice work! Don't know how I missed this, but you are doing tremendously awesome job at this. Also, I'll have to second the Ben Streeper comment you made, I've learned a great deal from his videos. Keep doing what you do cause the results are impressive.

-Tony

Thank you guys. Have started to fibre glass now I am all moved in. Will hopefully have some bondo/sanded pics in a week of the helmet. Then will be ready for spraying.

First coat and try at the bondoing stage. Needs more work to get the right shape and then detailing but not too bad so far I think. Will be putting the ears back too :D

IMG_01141.jpg

Once complete will be making a mold and casting the helmet because it filled out too much internally when fibre glassing. It fits but not enough room for the visor electronics. Also if I want can make more with out all the hassle.

where did you get the files for this? i have looked everywhere, maybe im looking in the wrong places(nevermind i think i found the right place...this post aha )

great job on the suit bud
where did you get the files for the build
where did you get the boot files
keep up the great work

Thank you man, it's all the comments from you guys that keep me driving forward. Read through my thread some and you will find the links to the files in red. Think it's page 3.

Drack, this build is inspiring for sure! My friend and I are just now starting our Mark IV/War Machine builds too and seeing your progress is getting me AMPED! Keep the pics comin! Also thanks for your resource listing, that's super helpful to me at this stage.

Thank you man that means a lot to me. I have to say at this point that I am having to put my build on hold as it is far to time consuming and I need a costume for new year. So the challenge is on! I am going to try to get a custom foam build of a 40K terminator suit complete in 2 weeks.

I got the templates made for the torso this evening and the rest is fairly simple after that. Not going to be making the weapons or wings yet but they will follow. Would do the wings but I my local pub isn't that big and gets very crowded. Only thing that might slow me down is getting my mother to make the cloths as she is a seamstress also finding a suitable fur for the back. If they prove an issue then will work around it or do the cloths myself. This is the model I am basing the build on. WISH ME LUCK :D

0Dark%20Angels,%20Deathwing,%20Ork%20Abuse,%20Sculpting,%20Space%20Marines,%20Terminator%20Armor.jpg

al%2C%20Dark%20Angels%2C%20Deathwing%2C%20Sculpting%2C%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Terminator%20Armor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back