Iron Man Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really have any big updates, but I did finish the Arc Reactor. Well, the original plan was to make one that was somewhat accurate. After watching and looking at countless tutorials/builds I thought I had it down. So, whenever I went out somewhere I would remember a part an pick up a little here and there. After getting many wrong parts I decided to use some artistic liscense. I mashed together some things and came out with an Arc Reactor that I believe will fit the finished suit well

ArcReactor.png

And on a totally unrelated note, check it out.

Combatknife.png

Here's me posing trying to be a badass in my big coat (nearly unheard of down here :p). I just had to make this knife when I saw it.

Anyway, I'm working on DungBeetle's helmet and should have some pics of it soon.

Wow looks awesome so far. I think it would be cool however if you were to put the omega symbol on the chest so the light in the center was surrounded by the symbol if that makes sense.

Derf Xephon said:
Wow looks awesome so far. I think it would be cool however if you were to put the omega symbol on the chest so the light in the center was surrounded by the symbol if that makes sense.

I agree. It would be cooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be honest, first I thought it sounded like a monstrosity of an idea. But I guess I should leave my fairly unwelcome misanthropic opinions until I see moar. Good luck.

Neoproks said:
Don't really have any big updates, but I did finish the Arc Reactor. Well, the original plan was to make one that was somewhat accurate. After watching and looking at countless tutorials/builds I thought I had it down. So, whenever I went out somewhere I would remember a part an pick up a little here and there. After getting many wrong parts I decided to use some artistic liscense. I mashed together some things and came out with an Arc Reactor that I believe will fit the finished suit well

ArcReactor.png

And on a totally unrelated note, check it out.

Combatknife.png

Here's me posing trying to be a badass in my big coat (nearly unheard of down here :p). I just had to make this knife when I saw it.

Anyway, I'm working on DungBeetle's helmet and should have some pics of it soon.

off topic, but you remind me of percy jackson!

Derf Xephon said:

Imnotahero said:
I agree. It would be cooler.

I may add that at a later date, but for now I think I'm going to leave it how it is.

Horgh said:
I'll be honest, first I thought it sounded like a monstrosity of an idea. But I guess I should leave my fairly unwelcome misanthropic opinions until I see moar. Good luck.

Um, thanks? Lol, you're entitled to your own opinion.

IroniumCostuming said:
off topic, but you remind me of percy jackson!

Really? Never thought of that, maybe vaguely lol.

Anyway: UPDATE

I just finished Dungbeetle's old helmet file and spent the subsequent hour cleaning up the thousands of hot glue strings that had amassed. Tip: If you use hot glue, remove the strings as you finish each part, don't wait until you finish the whole thing.

PepHelmetFront-Nostruts.png

Here is the front without Struts.

PepHelmetSide-nostruts.png

And the side

PepHelmetBack.png

The Back

Then I added the struts that came with the model so:

PepHelmet-Struts.png

Here's the front again, with struts added

PepHelmet-3-4sstruts.png

And a 3/4's view

This was Mr. Oreo's unfold and overall I am very happy with it. The only problems I had were one's that were already present in the model and the unfold was very smooth. At parts it was a little difficult and I even had to fabricate a few pieces, but it was nothing major. I plan to resin this tommorow if I have time, but don't hold it against me if I can't.

I also decided to change the design of this variant a little. Instead of normal forearms/bicep, I'm going to be using JUICE's awesome War Machine arms. So, I'll just leave this little update for you all to digest.

good pepping! The concept seems a bit bizarre, really bulking up iron man,, who is rather slim in form, but hey, it's unique! I think this'll work for you though. Keep it up!

If you plan on bulking up the suit, i would suggest also using the legs for war machine. Seems like they would do Iron Man Omega some justice.

Boba Fett said:
good pepping! The concept seems a bit bizarre, really bulking up iron man,, who is rather slim in form, but hey, it's unique! I think this'll work for you though. Keep it up!

Thanks.

Starx said:
If you plan on bulking up the suit, i would suggest also using the legs for war machine. Seems like they would do Iron Man Omega some justice.

Whoa, great idea Starx! Thanks man.

SupermanExtreme1 said:
ah hell yeah! war machine guns!

Haha, I'm going to be packing some heat :D

Anyway, I had some time last night so I decided to go through with resining the helmet. I guess I did a decent job for my first time, but I do think that there was a lot of resin wasted.

PepHelmet-Resined.png

Here's a nice artistic pic if I say so myself :p.

More in-depth pictures tommorow. So, what do you guys think?

Nice work. Also, something else you could use to pull off the omega suit a little, Clarx has a cod piece that is more rounded than the files of carnages and my threads. You could use that rounder cod since it would fit better with the large round shoulders...of course just a suggestion.

Its best not to glue the seperated parts together before resining (preferably the face plate). Believe me, I had to restart the whole project.

llinformerll said:
Its best not to glue the seperated parts together before resining (preferably the face plate). Believe me, I had to restart the whole project.

I guess its preference but

I never had a problem with that I just cut the face plate off with a dremel. No real problems

SupermanExtreme1 said:

I never had a problem with that I just cut the face plate off with a dremel. No real problems

I also prefer to resin it in place...that way it insures that the pieces mate up perfectly, since they will have been one piece. Cutting it later is a snap with a dremel.

Starx said:
Nice work. Also, something else you could use to pull off the omega suit a little, Clarx has a cod piece that is more rounded than the files of carnages and my threads. You could use that rounder cod since it would fit better with the large round shoulders...of course just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggetion Starx, good idea. But, after seeing JUICE's War Machine cod piece I decided to go with that. Gah! My build is slowly turning into War Machine :p

llinformerll said:

SupermanExtreme1 said:

Drgnfyre4 said:
I also prefer to resin it in place...that way it insures that the pieces mate up perfectly, since they will have been one piece. Cutting it later is a snap with a dremel.

Yeah, it's easy enough to seperate the pieces later if I decide to do so.

llinformerll said:
I gotta get me one of those.

You really should get one. I have a dremel and they are great!

Back to the update:

ResinedHelmetwithlenses-1.png

So, here is the promised better picture of the Helmet after resining (albeit it's way later than "tommorow")

I was able to finish the whole upper right side of the armor pieces. Yay me for not falling totally behind!

Suitinup-Pepupperrightside.png

Here's me suitin' up.

UpperRightSide-Pep.png

And finally all of it together.

I already have the cod piece cut out and will put it together soon, next up is the thigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back