Iron Man Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa, i haven't been here for a while. i sure missed alot! cant wait to see the finished product!

P.S are the red eyes in ur helmet a motorcycle visor or just reflective sunglasses?

12382 said:
whoa, i haven't been here for a while. i sure missed alot! cant wait to see the finished product!

P.S are the red eyes in ur helmet a motorcycle visor or just reflective sunglasses?

Me too man, me too. The lenses are just from a pair of sunglasses I got at Walmart for $10 that broke. No sense in throwing away something I can use!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice dude! the body looks great

i totally screwed up my iron man helmet, i didn't bondo it so the front is not smooth. and i messed up the ears gah!

and where did you get your pepakura files? I really want to make a new helmet

Joshua said:
Nice dude! the body looks great

i totally screwed up my iron man helmet, i didn't bondo it so the front is not smooth. and i messed up the ears gah!

and where did you get your pepakura files? I really want to make a new helmet

Just search for Dungbettle's helmet file, that's the best one out and the one used here.

After some thinking I decided to ditch the neck guard because of a few issues that accompany it. I also decided on using lo_tech stark's Ultimate Iron Man chest. So, here is a mock-up of the new design, I for one think it doesn't look too shabby.

IronManOmegaMockupcopy.png

On actual build progress: I have the cod pretty much completed and will print out the left arm pieces next.

Neoproks said:
After some thinking I decided to ditch the neck guard because of a few issues that accompany it. I also decided on using lo_tech stark's Ultimate Iron Man chest. So, here is a mock-up of the new design, I for one think it doesn't look too shabby.

IronManOmegaMockupcopy.png

On actual build progress: I have the cod pretty much completed and will print out the left arm pieces next.

Hey im new to pepakura and 405th, but i gotta say this is the sickest concept and design ive ever seen.

im making a pepakura ironman helmet. I bought this cardstock that says 110 lb on it. IS that good for pepakura or should i have gotten something different? I bought it cause it looked really tough and sturdy. Also, do i have to bondo the helmet or can i just fiberglass and resin.

12382 said:
umm, been waiting for updates, any new ones? or did u just put a pause on ur project

Glad someone's still interested :D . I'm making steady progress, just to lazy to post pics :pand I took a week off to make an ODST helmet for my friend's birthday. In build progress: I finished the whole other arm except for the gun. I also rondoed up the handplates and printed out/began to cut the Torso.

Don't worry, I'll post up some new pictures soon.

Edit: Also forgot to add I have the left shoulder cut out and halfway glued

Dr. KriSpY said:
Kickass Armor! Keep it up!

Thanks man.

UPDATE TIME:

Ok so I got the Torso done

IMG_0118.jpg

Also here is a pic of the cod I never posted

IMG_0119.jpg

And both sets of arm pieces

IMG_0120.jpg

And here is a nice semi-progress shot (not all of my pepped armor is in the pic)

TopHalf-Pep.png

This look out of wack because I couldn't find the tape so everything was moving around. Both the shoulders and the helmet will sit up higher. Oh, and that one shoulder is photoshoped in for kicks and giggles.

Anyway, I have the second shoulder completely cut out and folded, just need to finish assembling it. Tommorow I will most likely finish the shoulder and start on either the thigh or stomach plate.

been lovin this build since th begginin, but the chest piece seems a little.....werid. it seems to me too big but tht just might be me

12382 said:
been lovin this build since th begginin, but the chest piece seems a little.....werid. it seems to me too big but tht just might be me

Yeah, I am kinda feeling that too. But, it may just be how I have it on. Man, I do not want to pep that again...but I will if I must!

Neoproks said:
Yeah, I am kinda feeling that too. But, it may just be how I have it on. Man, I do not want to pep that again...but I will if I must!

i think that either an ironman movie or possibly do a frakenpep with a combination of warmachine, ironman, and the pep ure using now, itd be hard, but it may be worth it with the right choice and combiination....

12382 said:
i think that either an ironman movie or possibly do a frakenpep with a combination of warmachine, ironman, and the pep ure using now, itd be hard, but it may be worth it with the right choice and combiination....

I decided I'm going to take the scale down 20% and just rebuild it.

In other news: I painted up the handplates and couldn't decide which style was better. What do you guys think, right or left?

IMG_0122.jpg

Oh and my camera makes the colors look a little wacky so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back