Iron Man Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArktosPendragon

Hey everybody! This is my first "real" armor undertaking so bear with me. I have been planning on building an Iron Man Suit since the first movie came out. When I heard there was going to be a second one, I decided I needed a suit for the premiere. Of course, I was just going to make the regular old mk III, but then I saw Black Tony Stark's Heavy Artillery Iron Man and fell in love. So, now, after being heavily inspired by Black Tony Stark, I am doing a "Heavy Duty" style armor. I name this variant, Iron Man Omega.

IronManOmega.png

Here is a picture of what I am basically going to try and make.

I already have a few pieces pepped and I will post some pics of those either later tonight or tommorow.

So, what do you guys think?

Yeah, it's my own design. I'm not that artistic, so rather than drawing out the whole thing I added on the pieces I wanted to a pic off of google.

Looks EPIC! I love the marine/Iron Man combo! Are you gonna have a bolter? or maybe a banner?

Neo

I like the concept so far.

I just have a suggestion. It looks a little top heavy.

You should make bulkier gauntlets and shins. It would balance out the look of it.

here's your pic I tweaked a lil

IronManOmegacopy.jpg

I agree with the bigger shins part, but I think you should leave the arms as they are. No offence meant SupermanExtreme. I too love the design of a hybrid Iron Man/Space Marine. Go for it!

Sithslayer78 said:
Looks EPIC! I love the marine/Iron Man combo! Are you gonna have a bolter? or maybe a banner?

A banner isn't a bad idea...maybe after I'm done for a cool addition.

SupermanExtreme1 said:
Neo

I like the concept so far.

I just have a suggestion. It looks a little top heavy.

You should make bulkier gauntlets and shins. It would balance out the look of it.

here's your pic I tweaked a lil

KrovikanCorvinus said:
I agree with the bigger shins part, but I think you should leave the arms as they are. No offence meant SupermanExtreme. I too love the design of a hybrid Iron Man/Space Marine. Go for it!

Hey, thanks for the idea guys. I will most likely make just the shins bigger.

Pics real soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Velveeta said:
Might I suggest a shoulder-mounted plasma cannon?

That would be so awesome. For now I am just working on the actual suit and may add all the bells and whistles later.

Guess what? Pics!

Bicep.png

Here is a bicep. It looks fine in the picture, but it is kind of warped. I'm going to trash it and use dungbeetle's

NeckandTorso.png

This is basically the rest of the upper body minus the shoulders. The chest piece looks a little weird, but that's just how I'm holding it.

Shoulder.png

Here is one of the shoulders (+1 for not looking at the camera :D)

Torsoandshoulderspspep.png

And finally, I couldn't resist photoshopping in the shoulders.

Comments, critique, words of advice? All are welcome!

rvb18 said:
well.... there a bit big. how can you move in this ?

I assume you're talking about the shoulders? The one shoulder I have made is a bit large, but it is not sitting right in the pic. I plan to make it a few inches off of my shoulder and rig it so that it will be able to rotate. If all that fails I'll have to make it smaller :p.

I think you should just make the shoulders smaller. Don't repep them. Just trim them down. It will save you some time unless you don't mind pepping them again. The rest is really coming along nicely. Ill be checking back as you update.

coool plaaannninng andd eeeexxtra cool job on the omega

i like the big sholdersss :p

i tried to make ironman............ended not soo good

You just earned some points...

Sucsessful paintover ironman toy = +2

Sucsessful peping 2 different suits into 1 = +2

Sucsessful photoshoping = +1

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Regarding the shoulders; once I pep the second one I will do a mobility test, if that fails then I will take Superman's suggestion and trim them up.

UPDATE TIME:

Hey everyone, sorry for the slow going. But, look what I got!

ArcReactorbase.png

The ones I am going to use for the repulsor are a little big so I'm just going to remove the leds from that case.

Calf.png

And here is mah calf piece. Height wise it was scaled perfectly, but considering the fiberglass and padding, it'll be a little tight. I'm going to bump up the size a bit.

Now, I've been doing stuff pretty slow lately, but after this week exams are over! That means I'll be able to up my game and update this thread faster.

If you want smaller lights use these in stead of those big lights, or dot it lights use these:

http://ucanhealth.com/local/merchandise/?pid=224841&ptt=Brinkmann_GO-LED_Waterproof_LED_Mini_Lights_(4-Pack)

or:

http://www.autobarn.net/brinkmann-go-led.html

they are go-leds and the bottom one stays on once you remove the tab but the upper one had a twist switch.

a pic of me using them:

[attachment=14091:0000000111111111.jpg]

12382 said:
If you want smaller lights use these in stead of those big lights, or dot it lights use these:

http://ucanhealth.com/local/merchandise/?pid=224841&ptt=Brinkmann_GO-LED_Waterproof_LED_Mini_Lights_(4-Pack)

or:

http://www.autobarn.net/brinkmann-go-led.html

they are go-leds and the bottom one stays on once you remove the tab but the upper one had a twist switch.

a pic of me using them:

(pic removed for the sake of space)

Thanks, I might pick myself up some of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back