Is halo realistic? [Lock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha, just watched the video and i agree that the kid needs teaching a lesson so was wondering any1 able to use a 3d software for a spartan to t-bag his mine craft character and post it to his you tube link as a comment :)
but he's just a kid guys yes he is annoying agreed... :D
and he is probs to scared for halo, or not allowed so he's rebelling... i mean he crapped himself at a blocky thing like the creeper at the beginning kids, unless are mature enuff do spoil adult games an please dont burn me as i know a 13 yr old and my boy who do respect an act older than their age lol :D

ha, just watched the video and i agree that the kid needs teaching a lesson so was wondering any1 able to use a 3d software for a spartan to t-bag his mine craft character and post it to his you tube link as a comment :)

I agree with that :D That would show the kid who's boss

...most of the stuff in halo is perfectly feasible, i mean if we can cut diamonds with lasers we can sure as hell kill people with them!
and as for the spartans, if we can build a bionic arm that works off of the same nerves youre old one used to then im pretty sur we could come pretty close.
and this is several hundred years before the halo timeline.

Halo is definitally possible, some things in 3 years, other in 300. But 80% of things in the Halo series are possible to create. Like shizzle, stuff in Reach is even closer to us, Ex: THEY STILL USE BADASS FORKLIFTS

Halo is definitally possible, some things in 3 years, other in 300. But 80% of things in the Halo series are possible to create. Like shizzle, stuff in Reach is even closer to us, Ex: THEY STILL USE BADASS FORKLIFTS

Forklifts = Humanity's salvation

I tried call of doody, and I was dissapointed by a number of key points.

1. Factions do not use accurate weaponry. For some reason the spetsnaz use the "street sweeper" shotgun, instead of their beloved saiga, and the German WA2000, instead of the tried and true SVD series.

2. The juggernaut (guy in bombsuit) i simmune to bullet damage, even though bombsuits provide little protection against bullets, and also for some reason his weakness is explosions? Seriously its a friggen bombsuit, thats the one thing it does and they didnt even get that right!

3. 1887 shotgun. Akimbo, enough said. In black ops you can fire two shots before cocking, (wtf!) and you one hand it while driving a motorcycle, which then flies 30 feet into the air off a ramp, even though he is going 10 miles an hour. When he hits the ramp, because you start in front of the ramp.
Also in MW3 the 1887 has ring type iron sights, and synthetic furniture. Thats realistic, right?

4. Player abilities.
-Juggernaut, noobs get to have more health than everyone else.
-running at 40 miles an hour. No, just no.
-taking no fall damage. Nope.
stabbing people from 20 feet away, NO!

5. The knife. For some reason he barely cuts people but they die, even if hit in the foot, or their armor.
In counter strike, the slash only does so much damage, and a stab kills instantly.
Cod tried to copy this, but they ruined it because that's what they do.

6. People that play call of duty.They have no prior knowledge about anything, therefore anything they know is wrong, but they believe it because they worship call of duty. Therefore they need to die.

7. Everything is better than call of duty, especially battlefield. Shut up call of duty people, your game sucks.

My friend was going to pre-order, and then I told him about the real guns, and he did some research and could not find one thing in Cod he did not have a problem with. I asked him about his plan to preorder, and he was like "Cod? F dat :D"

I like COD's campaign, the multiplayer is not my cup of tea...

As for minecraft: Never saw what the big deal was, doesn't look like my type of game.

As for the noob: Halo is pretty realistic for a Science fiction, so this noob needs to shut up. lol.

I like COD's campaign, the multiplayer is not my cup of tea...

As for minecraft: Never saw what the big deal was, doesn't look like my type of game.

As for the noob: Halo is pretty realistic for a Science fiction, so this noob needs to shut up. lol.

I agree with everything you just said except from Minecraft. It's a sandbox game where you do what you want

I tried call of doody, and I was dissapointed by a number of key points.

1. Factions do not use accurate weaponry. For some reason the spetsnaz use the "street sweeper" shotgun, instead of their beloved saiga, and the German WA2000, instead of the tried and true SVD series.

2. The juggernaut (guy in bombsuit) i simmune to bullet damage, even though bombsuits provide little protection against bullets, and also for some reason his weakness is explosions? Seriously its a friggen bombsuit, thats the one thing it does and they didnt even get that right!

3. 1887 shotgun. Akimbo, enough said. In black ops you can fire two shots before cocking, (wtf!) and you one hand it while driving a motorcycle, which then flies 30 feet into the air off a ramp, even though he is going 10 miles an hour. When he hits the ramp, because you start in front of the ramp.
Also in MW3 the 1887 has ring type iron sights, and synthetic furniture. Thats realistic, right?

4. Player abilities.
-Juggernaut, noobs get to have more health than everyone else.
-running at 40 miles an hour. No, just no.
-taking no fall damage. Nope.
stabbing people from 20 feet away, NO!

5. The knife. For some reason he barely cuts people but they die, even if hit in the foot, or their armor.
In counter strike, the slash only does so much damage, and a stab kills instantly.
Cod tried to copy this, but they ruined it because that's what they do.

6. People that play call of duty.They have no prior knowledge about anything, therefore anything they know is wrong, but they believe it because they worship call of duty. Therefore they need to die.

7. Everything is better than call of duty, especially battlefield. Shut up call of duty people, your game sucks.

My friend was going to pre-order, and then I told him about the real guns, and he did some research and could not find one thing in Cod he did not have a problem with. I asked him about his plan to preorder, and he was like "Cod? F dat :D"

im with you on that. my best friend all of sudden thinks he is a bloody god of guns, just coz he owns MW2 and world at war. he reckons a M16 is a springloaded! you wouldnt be able to load it. and that bloody throwing knife is ridiculous! i got it to the very tip of my toe and died. yea thats right, the edge of my F@cking toe! go ahead test it you CoD gamers, it is true. black ops multiplayer is screwed, you can only play ten minute games and the only settings you can chosse are game type and map(without xbox live)
its a rip off! the one thing i hate htough, the one thing that annoys me the most about CoD gamers, just coz i like halo more than thier precious cod, and just coz its sci-fi genre, i got called a nerd, geek and erkel! they are no different, its just games! hhow would they like it if i called them fish sticks!(get it, fish cod-CoD? get it?)

Verdict: Halo is more realistic than CoD. There. Cut and Dry, yo.

But I have to agree, I too enjoy the story of MW and MW2, because there's a character named Soap and Roach and Ghost, and Soap McTavish is Scottish dude with a friggin' mohawk! And of course, the other most attributing factor is the Campaign. It's got depth. So, I kinda can't wait to play through the MW3 Campaign.

And here's my subtle opinion: Zombies suck. I hate that gametype. It has no feasible storyline, and it's just not rewarding. And yes, I am a crappy Zombies player. I'm alot better with Resident Evil and Dead Rising, lol, and Olah Zombies. The Pistol is your best friend.

The only thing I think is not realistic in Halo is the fact that we are still using gunpowder based weapons. Its 500 years in the future. 500 years ago we were using bows and arrows and swords. In my opinion if we were still using ballistic weapons at all -I consider it unlikely as we have made laser weapons today such as the one mounted on a plane which is used to shoot down incoming missiles- we would most likely be using a variant of the rail or coil gun based variety that the US Navy is currently testing.

The only thing I think is not realistic in Halo is the fact that we are still using gunpowder based weapons. Its 500 years in the future. 500 years ago we were using bows and arrows and swords. In my opinion if we were still using ballistic weapons at all -I consider it unlikely as we have made laser weapons today such as the one mounted on a plane which is used to shoot down incoming missiles- we would most likely be using a variant of the rail or coil gun based variety that the US Navy is currently testing.

Yay! MAC Guns!!! One day they should be able to get the magnetic coil and pwer problems down. One day.

It is both realistic and not at the same time. Because it is based in the future, we technically can't say it isn't realistic because it hasn't happened yet. Also, aliens? there is no proof that they don't exist.

It is both realistic and not at the same time. Because it is based in the future, we technically can't say it isn't realistic because it hasn't happened yet. Also, aliens? there is no proof that they don't exist.

With a galaxy this large, I don't doubt there's life beyond Earth. Let's just hope that the first lifeforms or alien civilization we come across won't wage galactic genocide or pillage our world for resources, cos' that would suck.

But, unfortunately, we are a mean little people. And we'll shoot first, and then act diplomatically later. Thank you world governments, curious scientists, and religious zealots. You totally make the world a safer place.

I don't know whether that was sarcasm or not... I'm hungry now...

Hopefully the Drake Equation is somewhat accurate but the wierdos still say we are the ONLY ONES in the UNIVERSE....Absurdo I tell you.

Taking insperation from ST2:HOTF and ST( D )S9 I think we might be using magnetically accelerating chemically fired projectile weapons.

From the "newest" Star Trek Novel I've read: "Those primative weapons will cause casualties" "It's called the Fog of War"- ST: Destiny part III

I think that bullets will still be around but not as we know them, lasers and EM firing weapons will be prevelant; with safety features that modern guns just can't have.

Back to aliens: It's a real foolhardy idea to think that we really are the sole species in the galaxy + universe at large. We also live in a ****tastic world of absurd-o-proportions that if anybody did ever visit us they'd probably use all sorts of safety procedures. Of coarse we'll probably never know; but our great and great-great grandchildren will........probably

Hopefully the Drake Equation is somewhat accurate but the wierdos still say we are the ONLY ONES in the UNIVERSE....Absurdo I tell you.

Taking insperation from ST2:HOTF and ST( D )S9 I think we might be using magnetically accelerating chemically fired projectile weapons.

From the "newest" Star Trek Novel I've read: "Those primative weapons will cause casualties" "It's called the Fog of War"- ST: Destiny part III

I think that bullets will still be around but not as we know them, lasers and EM firing weapons will be prevelant; with safety features that modern guns just can't have.

Back to aliens: It's a real foolhardy idea to think that we really are the sole species in the galaxy + universe at large. We also live in a ****tastic world of absurd-o-proportions that if anybody did ever visit us they'd probably use all sorts of safety procedures. Of coarse we'll probably never know; but our great and great-great grandchildren will........probably

Yeah, lol. If only my grandchildren make Squidly amigoes. That would be awesome. In theory, of course.

aliens. in this solar system, not yet. in this branch of the galaxy, possible, in this galaxy, almost certain, in the neighbouring galaxies, most certainly, in the universe, oh F@$K YES!. but if aliens where to exist out side our reach, but they had ships that could travel light years in seconds, with IQ off our scale, why would they visit earth, and our puny technologies compared to theirs? thats why we have not seen suffcient evidence to prove the existence of aliens.

aliens in our solar system, not that we know of. in this branch of the milky way, possibly, in the milky way, almost certainly. in the neighbouring galaxies, most certainly. in the rest of what we know is the universe, oh F@$K YES! but, if aliens where to exist out of our reach, and had these super ships that could fly light-years in seconds, with IQ off our scales, then why would they have reason to observe us, or for that matter come to earth in the first place. yes for all we know, there could be sanghelli, or phrophets, sitting in their little space ships out some where in the universe. but if we did somehow meet an alien group, and we just so happened to have a real D!#KHEAD in control of our laser and nuclear weaponary, and we fired first, then im sure that these aliens would surely have some counter weapon, and then crush us with thier own higly advanced super-coil-rail-laser-M.A.C gun. so to those who believe humanity is gods chosen, super ultimate race of beings- we are not! there are forces out there somewheree that humanity is yet to encounter, and when we do, one of them is sure to lead to our ultimate and utter destruction. hmmmm, maybe that should be my signature?

aliens. in this solar system, not yet. in this branch of the galaxy, possible, in this galaxy, almost certain, in the neighbouring galaxies, most certainly, in the universe, oh F@$K YES!. but if aliens where to exist out side our reach, but they had ships that could travel light years in seconds, with IQ off our scale, why would they visit earth, and our puny technologies compared to theirs? thats why we have not seen suffcient evidence to prove the existence of aliens.

aliens in our solar system, not that we know of. in this branch of the milky way, possibly, in the milky way, almost certainly. in the neighbouring galaxies, most certainly. in the rest of what we know is the universe, oh F@$K YES! but, if aliens where to exist out of our reach, and had these super ships that could fly light-years in seconds, with IQ off our scales, then why would they have reason to observe us, or for that matter come to earth in the first place. yes for all we know, there could be sanghelli, or phrophets, sitting in their little space ships out some where in the universe. but if we did somehow meet an alien group, and we just so happened to have a real D!#KHEAD in control of our laser and nuclear weaponary, and we fired first, then im sure that these aliens would surely have some counter weapon, and then crush us with thier own higly advanced super-coil-rail-laser-M.A.C gun. so to those who believe humanity is gods chosen, super ultimate race of beings- we are not! there are forces out there somewheree that humanity is yet to encounter, and when we do, one of them is sure to lead to our ultimate and utter destruction. hmmmm, maybe that should be my signature?

Proved their higher IQ correct with this double post ;) lol jk!! couldn't help it :p
I know what you mean about there being other life out there, maybe or maybe not with super duper laser powers and stuff. the universe is infinitely massive, beyond imaginably huge. there HAS to be some other being out there ya know?? maybe someday earth will come in contact with something, but some stuff we will never know ever existed

Either they will be an advanced civilization who is completely at peace with who they are and are willing to guide and protect the welfare and being of other civilizations in the galaxy (Forerunners), or, they will be an advanced civilization who thrives off of the resources that they pillage from other worlds (Decepticons in T3, most alien civilizations depicted and described in popular culture, or Humans, when we get to that level because we like to pillage and destroy and stuff ourselves.

But, seeing as how we've also got reality TV, what advanced alien civilization WOULD want to visit our planet?! Thanks Kardashians: You screwed up the natural order of things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back