Is It Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
I decided to buy one of these. Anyone own one? If so what are your thoughts? I my make a copy to use obviously cause I can't walk around with this one.

25kk9i1.jpg

Ithica

Ive seen it before. Its very pretty, but it doesnt seem to be the same shape the the energy sword, from any of the halo's. I dont own it, but it would still be a nice prop for a collector. If I made one to walk around with, I dont think I would model after this one. Just my thoughts. Do what you like!

It was around $50.00 on ebay. As far as casting it directlly it may just be a prototyp so I can edit it the way I want. I'm not an expert like most on here so I make things work for me..lol. I seen one energy sword done on here that made my knees buckle....lol. It was awesome but I know I prob couldn't afford it and don't have the ability to make it. Thanks for the imput, I guess I will see more once I actualy have it in hand.

Ithica

Not worth it. They got the blade geometry and the handle wrong. It'd be easier to draw it right and get it plasma cut or water jet cut out of stainless steel or titanium. Then RP or carve the handle. More expensive but in the long run you'll have a more accurate reproduction.

Additional note, very short.. even with me at 5'10 it just doesn't look proportional.. especially when in suit and you add the couple of inches to height.

Cheers,
Kensai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back