Ithica And Privateer Build The Ban Hammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Privateer

Well Ithica traveled down my way this weekend for a thrash session in prop building lol. We were joined sunday by Newspartancreator who has one hellova story to tell from the trip down to my place lol. We had grand plans to film the process but once we started building and after a couple of trips to the local wally world for supplies, we contented ourselves with still pics and vid of the finished hammers.
I will get the pics uploaded tomorrow after some sleep.

"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="630" height="350"></embed></object>

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so freaking jelous of you two! Flaunting your hammers like that for us to drool over at... wherever we are!

Oh well, cool EOD project you got going there guys! Man, I should have tried to shoot down there, I had a weekend off. I will be down there for the shindig in July though, so I guess I'll catch up then.

Oh yeah, I really enjoyed being harrased by the local Law Enforcement.... Had a great time charlie.... Ok you guys want the story... Well I was about three blocks from charlie's house when a deputy sheriff stoped me outside of a gas station. As I opened the door of my truck he saw a gun... Yes, I carry a gun, I have a concealed carry, it is legal, and besides in TX our vehicles are considered an extention of home and property. Well this Fat A-hole decides to go psycho on me and want to slap me to the pavement and give me the one over... After a few minutes of him playing supercop, he finally verifies my Permit, and then just lets me go... That guy must have missed out on the Donut sell, cuz he was in a very grumpy mood.... But I made it to charlies, and well as you can see in the video all was good... But next time I'm gonna be packing a bazooka, and really give that jerk a scare.....lol

I had fun guys, be back soon....

Props, go to Ben Streeper, for the start of the E.O.D. project, he Pep'ed, and started the bondo work on the Helmet.... All that is left is Security.... Any takers...?

Newspartancreator: How about a prop SPNKR? Like the one Lee is working on, that'll give him a scare. :lol:

Ithica: I'm a representative of whatever security system you're using, and it's malfuctioning, I'll need the codes so I can fix it for you. (And not steal you're props.) :cautious:

Privateer: Paint jobs is awesome as usual, I think you should do some of the ODST concept art when that eventually comes out. :D

Dogwizard: Without the awesome skill you have, this video would not be here, nor would I be typing this right now.

Ben Streeper: Nice job on the E.O.D can't wait too see Privateer enhance it. :popcorn:

Now come on all of you, give me those security codes now!!! lol.

did you say univesral studios eat your heart out? do you have a problem with them? :cautious:

link4044 said:
did you say univesral studios eat your heart out? do you have a problem with them? :cautious:

That was the first one I thought of so I used it. Now to me it is a compliment that I even thought of them.

Ithica

wow guys those are amazing and great paint job as well. I have to say im spartan green with invy....lol sorry bad joke

Looks Great Guys! Glad you got everything together straight but hours? I'm not sure that angle took me hours when I was building it from scratch. :lol: I see you used the handguard "out" option - interesting that you pinned the handguard pieces in place. I would think with a good epoxy that the only way they could come loose would be to actually break them off. The lower base already has a steel rod embedded in it (how did you work around that?) and they both "tab" into the tubing 1-1/2" - 2"... Well, it's certainly safe now!

Interesting idea with the heatgun for the PVC - that little angled detail piece at the hammerhead/shaft connection is actually a good indicator of the correct angle. I also intentionally left one side of the lower blade supports (blade side) unpinned as a potential break-away - that way if the worst happened, they would break away without doing any additional damage to the blade. With the pins in place, if it goes, it goes and will take the blade with it - just my take on it... Just so everyone know pegs are supplied for all of the connections and those holes are pre-drilled - I don't leave you hanging!

They look fantastic and the airbrushing is the cherry on top - I can't wait to see the "totally complete, fully-painted, leather-wrapped. ready-for-go-time version"!!! Thanks for taking the time to show these off and I hope that you enjoy them. If anyone has any questions, please free to hit me up...

Thats sweet looking guys! Dave, in that pic you sent me yesterday of you holding it, it honestly dwarfs you. I never realized how freaking big these things are. I need to get my hands on one of them, pronto.

Dogwizard, those are unbelievable, I have got to save my pennies for one.
Nice work guys great paint jobs. Thanks for the vid, it make me want one even more now. :mad:

smick6 said:
Thanks for the vid, it make me want one even more now. :mad:

Yes...yes it does... don't fight it...:lol:

Seriously guys - thanks for all the compliments. I just wanted to create something I really wanted to have for myself and I'm glad that others here like what I came up with. Hopefully we should have enough out there in the wild shortly for a very impressive honor guard (or a quick game)! :p

Love the hammer Dogwizard! I actually joke Dave when he sent me the pic that I was so happy he made me one. Great paint job Charlie!

I decidedc to upload a few pics of the process and some of the finished products nice kit DW. The only issue we had was the instructions were a little sketchy on where exactly to drill the handle hole and what angle. Its nothing a little time dry fitting and sanding with a dremel didnt fix, and we did go a little overboard putting dowels and extra pvc sleving into it to make shure they would take alot of abuse without damage but I tend to overbuild everything.

on to the pics!

the entire album here

Just starting.

P5230023.jpg

P5230025.jpg

P5230026.jpg

P5230028.jpg

Starting the paint and final assembly.

P5230039.jpg

P5230042.jpg

P5240044.jpg

P5240045.jpg

And the finished products!

Ithicas

DSC_5243.jpg

DSC_5239.jpg

Privateers

P5240070.jpg

P5240071.jpg

And the manditory Shot

P5240056.jpg

Cheers!

Damn Guys! Those things turned out GREAT!!! (y)

Charlie - I gotta say your airbrushing technique is outstanding. I wish I could bring you down here to give mine the same treatment... Any chance of putting up a quick tutorial of your style? Airbrushes can be fairly cheap and it looks so good I may need to give it a shot. What color did you use as the "base coat"?

Why can't I live in Texas... :mad:

mmm, seeing these vids always makes me wish I was older. I'm 14, and I probably won't be able to make even a suit, or anything for that matter. Curse this age.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
mmm, seeing these vids always makes me wish I was older. I'm 14, and I probably won't be able to make even a suit, or anything for that matter. Curse this age.

...............I'm 14 Roflmao. But anyway serious no matter what age pep and other things that get costumes done can be done starting at age 11 so It all depends on imagination and alittle bit of skill, AND DETERMINATION! just my 2c bye.

DogWizard said:
Damn Guys! Those things turned out GREAT!!! (y)

Charlie - I gotta say your airbrushing technique is outstanding. I wish I could bring you down here to give mine the same treatment... Any chance of putting up a quick tutorial of your style? Airbrushes can be fairly cheap and it looks so good I may need to give it a shot. What color did you use as the "base coat"?

Why can't I live in Texas... :mad:

We used a basecoat of plain ole primer grey then I fogged in all the lines and edges with createx opaque black not much in the way of technique just lightly spraying all the edges and lines. The recessed areas were given a solid coat of black with the airbrush. Then the entire hammer was dry brushed with citadel mithril silver, I went back over mine with antique bronze to build up some age color on all the details. For the blue lines and ports we basecoated with pearlized blue and then using the airbrush I hit the edges with createx pearlized silver then darkened the shadows with citadel sky blue ink. the entire thing was hit with a solid coat of matte sealer to bring out the detail and seal it all up. Finally we opted to go a different route with the grips and instead of overlapping the leather wraps we wrapped them edge to edge for a smoother look. Glad yall like em they were fun to build and I still cant belive I was lucky enuff to get my hands on one of these. DW you will have a package coming real soon bro.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back